one;//

Nefarious

one//; 

listen ; howl's moving castle theme

 

Oh Hyerin sat in front of her mirror, dusting white powder over her face, setting her makeup. She let out a soft sigh, setting the brush and compact mirror down, grabbing her black diamond earrings. Her brother appeared behind her with the matching necklace, leaning around her and to put it on for her. Rin lifted her hair from her neck for him before letting the black girls fall back down onto her bare shoulders.

"What's that sigh about?" Sehun asked as he kissed her cheek, sitting on the edge of her vanity, being careful not to disturb the bottles of perfume and delicate jewelry boxes there.

"You know I hate parties," she replied as she reached around her twin to grab a red bottle of perfume, spritzing it along her neck and shoulders. Sehun's eyes fluttered. "You're wearing my favorite," he said, eyes opening again. Rin nodded in reply, setting the bottle down and standing, smoothing the front of her black dress and slipping her black heels on, the ones with the silver spikes.

She glanced back, raising a brow. "You coming Hun?" Sehun got up and nodded in reply, hooking his arm through Rin's. Together, they walked out of Rin's room and down the long hall, towards the grand staircase where they made their decent to the party. Sehun always escorted his sister.

Music was already playing, the boring--in Rin's opinion--classical kind, an orchestra playing in the far side of the hall. Sehun turned to his sister and smiled. Well, what counted as a smile for Oh Sehun. He rarely talked, and when he did, it was only to his sister or to his best friend. And when he was in public, he'd whisper to them to say it softly, not wanting to speak loudly. He had a lisp, and always was embarrassed by it, so he did his best to avoid speaking altogether.

"Dance with me," Sehun said softly into Rin's ear, placing one hand on her hip, his other hand holding hers as they began the steps of the dance, one they'd learned when they were five, having been forced into dancing and etiquette lessons since they were young. They knew every dance, and how to act in any given situation possible.

Sehun danced with Rin through two more dances, since neither of them really wanted to dance with their 'suitors'. But they could only avoid others for so long.

"May I cut in?" came a deep, slightly accented voice. Rin sighed, already knowing who it was. Sehun's eyes lazily slid over to the other male. He blinked at his sister, then released her, nodding. He narrowed his eyes at the male in warning before walking away.

Rin sighed and turned, blinking. "In case you haven't noticed, I've been avoiding you, Kris."

"Kris oppa," Kris corrected, his tall figure stepping closer to Rin. Rin, not having any choice as she saw her parents watching from the other side of the room, placed one of her hands on Kris's shoulder, taking his other hand in hers.

Kris smirked, his hand going to her lower back to push her closer. Rin glared at the tall male, but he only hummed. "I don't know why you always push me away."

"Oh gee. Maybe because I don't like you?"

"Well that's just ridiculous," Kris replied as they moved around, both of them well aware of the eyes on them. Nobody would be surprised if they married, except maybe Sehun and Luhan, though they would just be surprised she gave in.

Kris and Hyerin were a match made in heaven--not literally of course. Their families had Fallen centuries ago. Well, that and Rin would never accept Kris. She never liked him, and probably never would. To be cliche, he wasn't her type. Rin, despite her rather narcisstic personality, was also a bit of a romantic. She wanted to marry when she was ready, and in love.

Though Rin wasn't stupid. Her parents loved Kris. Everyone loved Kris. Well, besides Rin and Sehun. Luhan and Kris were actually friends, though Luhan was protective of his two best friends, the twins. So he wasn't for a marriage between his adopted little sister and friend. In the end, she would get paired up with Kris anyway. Arranged marriages weren't uncommon. She just pitied the girl her brother got paired up with.

"You're distracted," Kris said suddenly, causing Rin to jump. His lips were practically pressed to her ear. She jerked back and sighed. "I'm not in the mood to put up with you right now."

"You never are," Kris pointed out with a roll of his eyes.

"That's true. I just especially don't like you today." She shrugged before pausing. No one was looking at them anymore. In fact, besides the music playing by the oblivious orchestra, everyone had gone silent.

Rin frowned. "What's happening? Kris, can you see? Everyone's taller than me."

"That's because you're short," Kris replied, though his voice was a bit distant, far away. He easily saw over everyone, then immediately frowned, stopping their movements completely, stepping so he was shielding Rin.

"Kris," Rin snapped. "What's wrong?"

"It's him," Kris mumbled. Rin opened , about to question who 'he' was, but there was no need anymore. 'He' was walking past Kris and Rin.

It really was him. Kim Jongin, though his more popular name was Kai. The name of a rebel. Rin stared curiously at him as he walked past. He was tall, though not as tall as Kris, a tiny bit shorter than Sehun. He had dark brown touseled hair that went perfectly with his copper skin. His plump, natrually berry tinted lips were curved up at one side into a smirk.

This was the first time Rin had seen him up close. He looked as if he had Fallen just yesterday, dressed in a perfectly pressed dark gray suit. Kai was one of the newer members of their society, but not really. He had Fallen about a year ago, and was banished from even the established high society of fallen angels. In Rin's opinion, it was because they were scared. Nobody had Fallen in ages. Everyone in their society was merely a descendent of fallen angels. But Kai was the real deal.

As if sensing her stare, Kai turned his head. Rin in a soft breath as she saw his eyes--chocolate brown, but with a blue undertone, giving them a haunting sort of look. He grinned at her and winked before continuing forward.

"Kim Jongin," Rin's father's voice rang out. "You were banished from coming here the moment you Fell." His eyes narrowed.

Kai laughed, a low, deep sound that was part evil and part taunting. "You think I care?"

Oh yes. Rin had a type. And her type was Kim Jongin.

 

- - - - -

 

"What are you thinking about?" Sehun asked Rin, his eyes narrowed.

Rin, who had been sitting with her chin propped up on her fist, shook her head and blinked, turning to her brother who was laying next to her on her bed, reading a book. "Huh?"

Sehun sighed. "I was talking to you for the past five minutes and nothing. You didn't even know I was talking. What's occupying your thoughts?"

"Um..." Rin looked away, but it was no use. Twins of Fallen descent tended to have a connection to one another. If the both of them concentrated hard enough, they even had access to one another's thoughs. But Sehun didn't need to do that in order to know what--or rather whom--his sister was thinking about.

"Kai is bad news. Trouble. You need to stay away from him, Rinnie."

"I know he is," she replied with a roll of her eyes. "I'm not stupid. I heard about that group of humans he killed. But...there's something about him that just makes him so...hot."

"Uh-huh. I think you're in that phase where you like bad boys. It wasn't that long ago you wanted a prince. And then you got one and decided you didn't like that type anymore." Sehun sighed and put his book down, propping himself up on his elbow to stare down at his sister.

"Ew. Wu Yifan is the farthest thing from a prince I've ever seen. He might be all manners in front of mom and dad, but in front of me he's a jackass." Rin groaned, rolling over and hugging Sehun's waist, resting her head against his chest.

Sehun automatically moved one arm around her, shaking his head slowly. "That's because he likes you. Guys tend to be jackasses around the girls they like sometimes. But in my opinion, a jackass Wu Yifan is better than a bad-news Kim Jongin any day. He doesn't belong in our world, Rin."

Rin frowned. "But why doesn't he belong, Sehun? Have you ever thought of that? Just because he treats humans like ? Father does that too. He enslaves humans."

"Father takes humans off of the street. He gives them a home. They just have to work for it." Sehun shook his head again, setting his jaw.

"And beg for their lives occasionally. The Fallen are sadistic, Sehun. The rest of the creatures in our world are the same. Father even lets some of the vampire guests take a worker or two to have as a snack."

Sehun sighed again at his sister. "Whatever. Just....stay away from Kai, okay? I'm already worried about you."