Tuesday

A Week

“I get curious about you on Tuesday…”

 

 

                Tuesdays are always the same. Lunch time, instead of eating inside the crowded cafeteria, Jinri and her friends settled on the benches placed at the school grounds. She stared blankly among the students walking back and forth. Her eyes landed on a familiar figure, he frowned slightly as he reads the paper that he was holding. Automatically, a tingly sensation invaded her senses, making her lips curve into a smile. The two caught themselves staring at each other in a split second. The said familiar figure waved at her and flashed a boyish grin. She was so flustered and pretended not to see him but she blushed in different shades, her emotions betraying her attempt to show a blank expression.

“Oh you’re staring at the weirdo again Jinri-ah.” Hyukjae said, rolling his eyes and clicking his tongue.

“You’re just jealous anchovy~ you’re too ugly to get noticed.” Ryeowook deadpanned.

“Hey! Between us, you’re the uglier one Kim Ryeowook!” Hyukjae claimed. “And who said that no one notices me? Donghae notices me all the time because I’m too hot, y and gorgeous! Right, Hae?”

                Donghae nodded while he happily took a bite from Ihyeon’s sandwich.

“Ya Lee Donghae! Get your own food! You always have a share on my food. My mom always exerts effort in making my lunch then you’ll get to enjoy the privileges that are exclusive only for me. Tss.” Ihyeon complained. “You poor fishy.”

“Selfish brat!” Donghae retorted.

“Gluttonous fish from the East Sea!”

“Will you guys shut up?! So childish! Can’t you see I’m busy telling Youngwoon about my pink bunny collection?!” Sungmin blurted. “Can’t you give us a day without having such childish rows?!”

“Well, blame that bratty twin sister of Kyuhyun.” Hyukjae muttered.

“Hey! I’m not a brat! And Kyuhyunie’s not a brat too! We’re just special.” Ihyeon said proudly.

“I wonder how he acts when he’s not in school…” Jinri said. “I’ve been curious about a lot things about him lately.”

“Who?” Seryeong asked.

“Jongwoon…”

“And you just blurted out the question out of the blue.” Hyukjae laughed, “Oh come on! Probably he’s oozing with weirdness especially he’s in his home sweet home!”

“Or he’s busy reading stuffs about UFOs and aliens!” Donghae said, his eyes sparkled with delight.

“He’s busy checking his turtle plushie collection you idiots!” Sungmin said, Youngwoon nodding in agreement.

“Oh these freaking airheads.” Ihyeon said, “Probably, he’s singing until he’s breathless while playing the piano. He loves singing. What do you think Kyuhyunie?”

“Your answer is the most convincing one Ihyeon-ah.” Kyuhyun answered flatly, not tearing his gaze away from the Sudoku puzzle that he’s answering.

Ryeowook gave himself a mental facepalm. “These freaking morons! How can you think such things about my cousin?! Geez! Jongwoon hyung isn’t a wacko!”

“Why are you so curious about him all of a sudden Han Jinri?” Yeonhee asked, sitting beside Kyuhyun.

“Isn’t it obvious? Jinri likes mmmmmrrrfffffffffff!!!”

Jinri covered Donghae’s mouth with her hand, “Nothing. Why? Is it bad to ask random questions?”

“It isn’t random Jinri-ah~” Hyukjae said in a sing-song tune.

“Of course it is random!”She defended.

“No, it isn’t and never will be.” Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook’s eyes grew wide like saucers, “Hey Jinri-ah, do you like Jongwoon hyung?”

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥