Epilogue

The 39th
 

 

{  T h e   3 9 t h  :  E p i l o g u e  }

 

 

 

"Honey, look!"

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't, honey. I'm at the right now. Too risky to let go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Honey!"

 

 

 

 

 

And splashes of water flew in the sky, aiming at Luhan's direction. He quickly flexed and rotated his body to cover the book he was reading, "Walking the Plexus".

 

 

"Did you see that awesome back flip I did?" Sehun asked as he sprung out of the water.

 

 

"Not funny." He complained as he slaps off droplets of water in his beach shorts.

 

 

Sehun giggled and returned to his swimming. The daylight was nice and warm, and the vibrant blues of the water glitters in Luhan's eyes.

 

He lands his book shut in his lap, garnering the last texts he was reading. His physical vision went delusional, and warped in to his mere imagination.

 

 

The book he read pictures something like...

 

 

A long concrete park walk, with green leaves falling at the ground during the middle of winter and spring.

 

The character then appears in his plaid shirt and khaki pants, with a couple of plastic bags and books he just bought fresh from the store.

 

The wind was mild, yet it has the power to move weak branches, while the sky was grey, yet it seemed so bright in an afternoon play.

 

The park was unusual, with only him present at that place in that time. The storm lately might have been the reason to silence these busy people for a while.

 

His feet marched in a line as he carefully avoided the leaves scrubbing on the concrete ground. He watched himself walk, with no noise but from the trees brushing and the winds harshly whistling.

 

The fog from afar started to draw a shadow, a figure of he knew that exists. He counted his heartbeats, and treasured his steps as he and that person walked toward to each other.

 

In the aspect of the other, he wondered why he was there. It was the uprise of the citizens from the calamity, but he never thought that someone would be out to buy books and old DVD's.

 

He smiled at the thought as he declines his judgment, and he ruffles his silky hair and smelled the scent of it.

 

Shampoo, a voice entered his empty mind. He nearly thought the wind whispered him that word, but he found out that his brain was responding well.

 

He looks back at the other, a few more steps away before a collision. As he saw his face, he wondered...

 

 

Why does he love me so much?

 

 

I believe I am the person whose job is almost nearly jobless, the person who uses the same shirt in every day of the week...

 

It was questionable, but it was not enough to shove out the proof. He loves him too, and he know the other feels the same... But it wasn't doubt in his mind, it was rather thoughts of how he wondered every time that the relationship he is in is absolutely ecstatic.

 

 

 

 

Luhan looked back to reality, and thought of the same question for himself. He never knew that such thing will pop out of his mind within the long years of being them together.

 

 

 

Why does Sehun love me so much, that he wanted me even if I forgot about our past?

 

 

 

"Sehun." Luhan called the other as he blankly stared at the pool water.

 

"Yes?" He answered, pulling him back outside since he was already drying himself for a shower.

 

 

"Why do you love me?"

 

 

Sehun petrifies, and yet he made a smile.

 

 

"Babe, I love you because you're you." He answered, slinging the towel in his shoulder and walked inside.

 

 

 

 

But it wasn't enough for Luhan, he needed more words to needle it out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm glad you made it out early. I badly wanted to have lunch with you."

 

 

A classic jazz played at the background lowly, and the friction between the spoon and the plate overwhelmed the ambience of the restaurant. Sehun rushed Luhan to finish his afternoon appointments for them to have their meal together.

 

 

"Is there any problem with work?" He asked as he took a small bite into his french salad.

 

 

"Actually, nothing really." The other said while chewing his food.

 

 

"Don't do that dear. Don't talk when you have food in your mouth."

 

 

Sehun clears his throat and did a nod. It was quite a normal lunch for the both of them, and seeing together for a upcoming busy week: deadlines, meetings and projects, times like these are somehow necessary.

 

Luhan's hearing then caught another tune playing at the background, but it seemed like it was live and it was getting closer and closer to his ears. He looked at Sehun, and saw his husband hiding a huge grin. He turned around and a trio of romantic-playing violinist surprised before him.

 

"What is this?" Luhan demanded an answer, he was freaking out. But he didn't recieved any respond; Sehun just smiled at him.

 

The song kept playing as a waiter with a huge stuffed bear and a bouquet of lavender walked towards him.

 

Luhan was shocked of what was in front of him, and he helplessly looked at Sehun with his teary eyes.

 

"Happy anniversary, Luhan."

 

 

 

 

 

"I-I don't know what to say." Luhan stutters.

 

 

 

I love the smell of these lavenders.

 

 

 

"Happy anniversary too. You got me again." He nervously carried all the gifts from Sehun and thanked him.

 

 

 

The softness of this large toy comforts me.

 

 

 

"You're really good at this, aren't you?" He laughs out his nervousness as his mind was speaking to him.

 

 

 

But why?

 

 

 

"But why... I mean--"

 

 

 

 

His mind electrified every of his senses, making his head ache. Sehun rushed to his side for aid, but Luhan refused and said he was fine. They returned to as it is, until...

 

 

 

 

 

Why do you love me so much, Sehun?

 

 

 

"Why do you love me so much, Sehun?"

 

 

That question made the violinist play slower, and made the crowd curious of what was happening. The perfect scene was slowly flushing away.

 

Luhan looked around him and noticed that his question made the moment awful.

 

"I-I'm sorry to ask. Neverm--"

 

 

But as he was about to apologize and slash the longing thought in his mind...

 

 

"There are many reasons why I love you so much, Luhan."

 

 

Luhan's eyes gaped, shocked of what Sehun just revealed.

 

 

 

 

"I love you because you have the most beautiful eyes."

 

One...

 

"Your smile is one of the many things that made me fall in love with you."

 

Two...

 

"Your cooking."

 

Three...

 

"The way you dress, it seems that clothes are the one who adjusts to your beauty."

 

Four...

 

"Your fingers..." Sehun reached for Luhan's. "These are made perfectly to fit in the spaces between mine."

 

Five...

 

"I love you because you care for me." He giggled. "Remember the time you took care of me while I'm sick?"

 

Six...

 

He caressed his sweetheart, running his fingers in his smooth face. "Your face; the most that I admire."

 

Seven...

 

"The way you're so desperate seems so effortless to me. Because everything you do makes my heart go wild." He confessed and laughed.

 

Eight...

 

"And, oh, your love for Japanese language, art and literature. It feels very mutual."

 

Nine...

 

"Because of your hugs..."

 

Ten...

 

"Kisses..."

 

Eleven...

 

"The way you hold my hands."

 

Twelve...

 

"And the way you describe the sky."

 

Thirteen...

 

"Because of the way you make your promises. With pinky swears." They both laughed.

 

Fourteen...

 

"The way you read your books, the way you dance with a music, they way you wake me up every single morning..."

 

Fifteen, sixteen, seventeen...

 

"And when you text me whenever I'm stuck at work."

 

Eighteen...

 

"I love you so much for the day you helplessly tried to drive our car just to pick me up during a storm."

 

Nineteen...

 

"The way you never lie about your feelings..."

 

Twenty...

 

"Your long lashes."

 

Twenty-one...

 

"Your undying humor."

 

Twenty-two...

 

"Your derpiness..."

 

Twenty-three...

 

"The way you love coffee, and the way you smell it's aroma is enchanting."

 

Twenty-four...

 

"Your smooth skin."

 

Twenty-five...

 

Sehun pulled out Luhan's arm and played with his wedding ring. "And the way you take care of this ring, you had our sink's hole smaller."

 

Twenty-six...

 

"Your resemblance to a deer."

 

Twenty-seven...

 

"Your vows."

 

Twenty-eight...

 

"Your love and care for your family, even they aren't your true one. But your love for them is infinitely great."

 

Twenty-nine...

 

"How do I say this..." He leaned closer to Luhan. "The way you respond to me during our intimate times."

 

Thirty...

 

"Because of your love for novels, houses, designs..."

 

Thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three...

 

"Your creativity."

 

Thirty-four...

 

"Your sweetness."

 

Thirty-five...

 

"Your innocence." Sehun stared at Luhan with his eyes; it was obviously full of love.

 

Thirty-six...

 

"Modesty."

 

Thirty-seven...

 

"Kindness."

 

Thirty-eight...

 

"And..."

 

 

 

And?

 

 

 

"I love you so much because you're you."

 

 

Thirty-ninth...

 

 

 

 

 

 

And it returns to where Luhan stares blankly at the vibrant blues of the glittering water, with a book lying on his lap and his imagination flying all around the air.

 

He snaps out of his reverie, and remembered how Sehun already answered the question is his mind.

 

"What is it, honey? Are you gonna say something? I'm heading to the showers, ya'know." Sehun insists as he waited for the blanked Luhan.

 

 

 

"Sorry, honey. I love you. You can go now." He smiled.

 

 

The feeling of seeing long branched Sakura trees, and pastel green pastures sunk into Luhan's skin. Like how the four season passes between his imagination, he still feels the same.

 

He blinked slowly, about four times. His mind recalled the thirty-nine reasons why Sehun loves him so much.

 

I love you because you're you.

 

He smiled at the picturesque and brought himself back at the book he was reading.

 

 

 

 

It was contentment...