Cheese and Fluff

Imagine: Donghae

"Hey you." You look at the man seated across you with a tall glass of latte.

"Hey!" A little too perky.

"She dumped you." You state flatly. He looks up with a jolt of surprise.

"Wh-what? How'd you... ouch!! Hey!!" He shields his head from your smacks. You sit down again. "That is not the way you comfort people in pain!" He pouts and you roll your eyes, ignoring the strange feeling in your stomach.

"You should be immune by now idiot. For once in your life stop falling for people left, right, center and middle! Stop giving them your heart on a platter for them to crush under their feet! Stop being the helpless romantic after people who do not care!"

"What...?"

"For God's sake, stop dating bimbos!!" You exhale heavily. This is the fifth time in the last half year that he's been dumped and who knows how many before that. Your idiot of a best friend sells himself short to women who don't really care- not the way you do, anyway.

"Yeah... well... I think I won't do this dating thing for a while now." He simultaneously makes you relieved and crushed. The powers of Lee Donghae, you think ruefully.

"Good, maybe when you get back in the game, find someone who will put up with your cheese and fluff, huh?"

"Like you?" You jolt up from your coffee, but he's only teasing as he grins around the mouth of his straw. You sigh inside and throw him a scathing look. "So anyway, there's a fest in college today, and uh.... if I show up with Eunhyuk- again- it won't be the best thing. So you wanna come?" You shrug.

"Have your people call my people," you say high-handedly and lean back into the chair. "I'm a very busy person." You stick your tongue at him before taking a sip again from your cup. He gets up and laughs.

"Okay, but there's a battle of the bands and that college group you've been renting about....." So much evil, under all that cute, who would have ever guessed?

"Hey! Wait come back!" You call out after him. "I was joking!  I have no 'people'! You're my people!!" He turns around and gives you a wink, his tongue sticking out playfully, not unlike yours had been a few seconds ago. You feel the heat rising to your cheeks.

"Pick you up at seven." How pathetic is it that you're going to pretend- just for a moment- it's a date.

           By the time its seven, Donghae picks you up from your house and drives you to his college, talking about the events, and how you must come tomorrow as well, to see him and Eunhyuk in the dance competition, and falling into your usual bickering pattern till you reach the campus. as far as college campuses go, Donghae goes to one of the best performance arts college with sprawling grounds and large auditoriums. Its thronging with people today, mostly couples, the occasional group of friends, and very few single people who walk around looking through the charts for the performance list and for the timings.

"They're all here for the Battle of the Bands tonight," laughs Donghae, as he leads you up the path. "Nothing else was scheduled by popular demand." You nod and look around, awed by the twinkling fairy-lights,and wonder what it would be like to be kissed under one.

The main auditorium is packed with people, all with posters and glow sticks (someone named Cho Kyuhyun had made quite a large sum selling them). Donghae produces one for you.

"I thought you might like to cheer for those "Texo" guys?"

"It's EXO!!" You yell over the din, but laugh and thank him anyway. Donghae is always a sweetheart, regardless of who it is. Your eyes wander over his chiseled smile and sharp jawline. He turns back to you with a raised eyebrow.

"Anything on my face?" You duck your head away and the curtains part on stage before you have time to respond.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this years B-O-T-B!!" The audience screams in delight. "I'm your host Cho Kyuhyun." So this was the sly fox, you grin at Donghae who grins back in understanding. "Let's welcome our first group on stage-" It's a shame that EXO is number seven, but the if the first two bands are in any indication, they are going to be tough competition. You clap to the slow beats of the ballad belted out by the fifth band and look over at donghae. His smile turns his eyes into crescents, while the muscles on his arms are obvious even under the shirt, he turns to you and suddenly the girl on your left loses her footing and trips, causing her to grip your arm, unfortunately, she takes you down with her and you end up crashing to the floor. Donghae freezes for a second before springing down to lift you. That's when you notice the sharp pain originating from your ankle- it's a sprain, Donghae slips an arm around your waist, and puts your arm over his shoulders to prop you up and help you walk outside.

He sits you down on one of the benches outside, under the same fairy-lights you'd been admiring earlier and you instantly miss the warmth of his body- but more importantly-

"I'm going to miss out on EXO!!" You whine into your hands. "I want to see EXO!!" Donghae laughs.

"Wow, no consideration for the friend who just dragged you out alive."

"Yeah, thank you, love you, I'd die without you, but I wanna see them!!" Donghae shakes his head and sits beside you and you instantly bury your head in his shoulders. "I wanna see Chanyeol!! He's so cute- who are you calling?"

"Hyukkie," he replies while chewing on his lower lip. You glower at him darkly.

"I'm rotting here, and I won't get to see Park Chanyeol and I hurt my ankle and you call Hyukkie??!! Like Hyukkie??!!" You mutter half-irritated curses to everyone and their mothers into his shoulders. The phone is under your nose.

"Here," he says, giving you the most disarming grin as you try to process what he's trying to do. Everything falls into place as the a Chinese voice calls out,

"Ii, er, san," and the steady beats of a drum filter out from the speakers, and a deep voice begins rapping to its rhythm- it's EXO.

"Hyuk's working back-stage so this is right from the speaker there," Donghae whispers to your shocked face, you can feel his breath ghosting over your features as he smiles down at you. Words get choked by emotions and you open your mouth and close it twice without saying a thing. Donghae suddenly looks very unsure. "Uhh... look I'm sorry you can't see this Cheonyal... Chanyeol... whatever, guy..." You smack him across the chest.

"What idiot would turn you down, you idiot," you mutter, tears sloshing around your eyes.

"Huh..." and he laughs. "What about you? You would." He waits for a rebuttal, but wavers a little seeing your downcast eyes. "Hey..."

"I wouldn't," you whisper. "I wouldn't, only if you'd ask me." His entire frame freezes against yours.

"I..." He stops short and looks down at his feet. "I never thought you'd say yes.." You burst out into unnerved laughter.

"Lee Donghae are you blind?" He cups a cheek in his right hand and stops with your noses an inch away.

"I don't want you to think that this is just-"

"Shut up and kiss me if you want idiot." You mutter, while blushing at your own feet. He laughs warmly and presses his lips lightly onto yours. When you don't pull away, he presses harder, while pulling you closer with his free hand, while lightly running the other through your hair. The phone slips down onto the bench, absolutely erased from your mind as you register the twinkling lights and Donghae's soft lips movings against yours, his warmth and the musky smell of his cologne attacking your senses. You sigh into the kiss unable to help yourself. He breaks away with a small smile.

"So, uhh... just to be clear, you won't be running away with that Chanyeol guy, right?" You pick up the phone and hit the "End Call" button, effectively silencing the music.

"Park Chanyeol who?" You grin and he pulls you in for another kiss. Everything reeks of cheese inside your head, but then again, it's Donghae and you love this cheese and fluff anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

There, I hope you liked it... *nervous feet shuffle* so.. tada~