1

Orphanage

1


I walked out of the manangers office with a list of things to do.

"Eunhye! just remember to do everything everyday! You have saturdays off!" Manager yelled.

"Okay!" I waved and left his office. I stopped in front of the door and looked at my job list. A total of 6 things to do.

Yun Eunhye - Job List

1. Wash the dishes

2. Help the janitor with the restrooms

3. Help with the mail

4. Organize the clothes

5. Help with the food

6. Get Jonghyuns-

"EUNHYE!" I looked up from the paper and saw Luna running over to me with Hyohyeon following her from behind.

"Yes?" 

"Eunhye! We want to help you on your first day!" Luna said.

"Neh! You're new here so we thought you might want some help around the building!" Hyohyeon chimmed in.

"That nice of you guys but Soo Man-ssi (The Manger) already gave me the map of this building." I smiled. "I can find my way around the building!"

"Oh. But can we still help you?" Hyohyeon asked. I looked at them.

"I really want to do this on my own. Plus the manager said he'll pay me for what I do..."

"Awe. Okay, but if you need some help we'll be around!" Luna smiled and walked off waving. I laughed. Donghae came up to our little group and stood beside Hyohyeon and said,

"This place is pretty big. Are you sure you wont get lost with that tiny map of yours?" Hyohyeon looked at him in a 'seriously?' face. He looked at her a shrugged.

"What? Im  trying to be nice!"

Hyohyeon shook her head, "Whatever. We're going. Good luck Eunhye!"

She grabbed Donghae by his shirt and pulled him, "Yah! Be gentle, be gentle!"

I held in a laugh. They must be really good friends with each other. They look like siblings. Not like my brother used to be.

 

They continued to argue about some stupid things as they left. I laughed and looked back at my paper and read the rest of my jobs. I read number 6 and I smiled. At least Jonghyun has a good job for me to do. I kept rereading it and got more excited. I should get started so I will have time to do number 6! I folded the paper and shoved it in my back pocket.

I walked through the halls and examined them. There were lots of rooms. Its like a hotel. But for kids/teenagers that are abandoned. A lot of rooms but only 7 people lived here. What was the longest? 15 years? This place has been in business for a long time.

I walked into my room and changed into some old clothes that I wouldnt mind getting dirty. I took out the job list and unfolded it. I looked at my first job.

"Dishes.." I read it. I sighed and blew a stand of hair from my face. "Lets do this."

I walked to the kitchen and a woman in her 40s stood there washing the dishes. I looked around. Tiles were cover the walls. The floor was a dark red, and the counters were white. This was a cozy place to wash dishes. I seemed like a very rich place too.

"Excuse me?" I said in a nice voice. The woman turned around and gave me a warm smile.

"Well hello! You must be Eunhye! Come here!" She took me by the arm and pulled me to the sink. i almost lost my balance. "Here! You can dry this while Jonghyun washes them!"

She shoved a towel at me and smiled as she left.

"Wait.!" I called, and she stopped and turned around. Jonghyun? "Ahjumma, why Jonghyun washing them?"

She chuckled a bit, "Curious one arent you? Ask Jonghyun when he comes!" And with that she left.

I sat on the counter and waited for him. Why is he talking so long? I thought he doesnt come out of his room? Why did Luna say he was 'surprising'? Though I can say he was surprising the fisrt day I came here. He seems bipolar. This job is creepier than I thought it would be. 

I was in my thoughts but got cut off when a dry towel landed on my face, "Yah!" I took the towel of my face and looked at the person who threw it at me. I looked at the man standing there smirking at me.

"Wake up lazy bum." He said and motioned me to the sink. I jumped off the counter and 'tsk'ed him. He remained standing. Inst he going to wash the dishes?

"What?" He said.

"Arent you going to wash the dishes?" I asked. Is he dumb?

"Ani. You're doing it so why should I?"

I looked at him with disbeleif. Such a cold, cold man...

"Do you have a problem with me being here or something?"

He turned turned around and walked up to me. "I do have a problem with you being here. You've been here for less then 2 days and I cant walk out of my room from hearing your name! Eunhye, Eunhye, E-U-N-H-Y-E!"

I stood there in shock. I was really annoying him wasnt I? He turned around and sighed, "Just do the dishes." 

My expression changed. Seriously? Im not doing this alone.

"Yah!" I yelled and threw the same towel he threw at me, at him. "Im supposed to be drying the dishes, not washing them."

He took the towel off his shoulder- It landed there -and looked at me with a smirk.

"You're so dumb."

"Dumb? How am I dumb?" 

"Give me your job list." He said.

"No!"

"It wasn't a question."

"I dont care. You dont need the list."

"You asked me why you were dumb and I want to prove it." he sighed. "Just give me the dang paper!"

He startled me and I quickly handed it to him. He unfolded it and read it. Smirking.

"See?" He said and gave me the list back. "Number one; Wash the dishes."

I narrowed my eyes at him and looked down at the paper. I read number one. I frowned... Hes right. I am dumb.

"So continue your job washing the dishes." He said and made himself confortable on the counter. "By the way. When you get to number six make sure to do 100x better than you do any other job."

I looked at him as I walked over to the sink with dark blue rubber gloves on and a dirty apron. "Fine."

I started washing the dishes and felt his stare digging into my back. I tried to ignore it but I couldnt. I turned the water off and threw the sponge into the sink and turned around.

"Yah! If you're not gonna do anything then why continue to sit here? The ahju-" He didnt let me finish my sentence and started talking.

"That ahjumma is my aunt." He said moving his head a bit to the side, "Im sitting here because when you finish, Im taking the credit for the work when 'ahjumma' gets back."

My mouth dropped. What a jerk! No, bastard! No, psychopath! N-

"Yah! Stop calling me names in your head and continue my work for me!" He waved me to the sink and took out his phone.

My mouth dropped more. Jerk-Selfish-Bastard-Monster-Du -

"Close your mouth. You'll catch flies."


Chapter one uploaded! YAY! Hope you like it!

This is me right now.

FINALLLY!! 3 days spent on this chapter and its finally done! :D

You have no idea how happy I am. 

Anyyywaayyysss....

Hope you like it! More of the characters will come!!! No one knows waht number 6 is on her job list! Oooo! Im so evil! You'll find out in the next chapter! <3

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT

(Please tell me if I need to improve anything. Im still trying to learn how to be a good story-maker! :) )