Final

Her memories

Looking back, the times we spent, the moments we had, the laughter and joy we experienced, I crumbled to the floor and cried like there was no tomorrow. Tears streaming down endlessly like a waterfall, knowing that there was no hope anymore, knowing that it was too late. The photo slipped off my fingers and fell to the floor, landing soundlessly as I cried.

I stood up after a while, leaving the photo on the ground, walking to my room and took out a box filled with those memories. Slowly, I took them out one by one, smiling to myself, while the ache in my heart grew. Bit by bit, the box became empty and there lay the last memory, a ring. Gently, I took the ring, placing it on her finger staring at it lovingly, knowing that it was probably the last time I ever will see it. I began reminiscing for the last time.

I still remember clearly the first time I met him, he irked me to the ends of the earth, irritating me continuosly, who knew he would be so important in my life? As time grew, we were forced to work together for the project. I slowly came to realised that he was soft on the inside and was like a kid in many ways. Through these times we slowly grew closer, unknowingly both of us developed feelings for each other.

The day when he asked me to be his girfriend, I felt like I was on cloud 9, I happily agreed jumping around like a kid knowing he was finally mine. During our dating phase, nothing could seperate us, nothing. Later, he introduced me to his best friend, Sehun, hoping we will get along. On our third year, he popped the question and my tears streamed doen happily as I nodded and said yes

Throughout our years together, Kai started to grow weak, I knew something was wrong. We went to the hospital and found a tumor in his stomach, the chances of survival was minimal but we still continued on with the operation, hoping a mircale will happen and save him. But we were wrong. His last words was to be happy and not mourn over him. He told me to get Sehun in and I did.

"Take care of her and make her happy, I know you have loved her since your first meeting and that is why I trust her with you." He told him with his last breath before falling into a deep slumber, never waking up.

“Come on, it’s time to go.” My husband, Sehun, came up to me, offering me his hand, as I took of the ring and place it back into the box. I offered him a small smile, thankful and grateful for him to have supported me, giving me hope and being my light during my darkest hours. Looking down, I saw the pictures of me and my dead boyfriend, both smiling happily into the camera, him hugging me from the back. Thank you, for the wonderful memories you gave but now it’s time for me to move on, you will always be in my heart, I thought to myself as I look up into the sky. Thank you Kai.

Unknowingly, the sky grew clearer and a soul from above smiled knowing that she had finally found the courage to move on and to live her life normally again. Knowing that he can finally feel at ease with his best friend by her side supporting her, he can finally move on in hope to meet her in the future.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the horrible writting! :( Its my first time posting the stories I wrote and I am really nervous about it. I personally do not really write so much stories but if i do it is usually for my schoolwork. And tbh, this was one of my school work and I thought is was okay so I thought why not just post it here.

Please do comment on how this story is! and subscribe if you like this! I will try to write more and give it my best shot!

Cheers!