Reminisce

Today

Lay's pov

 Today is like any other days. After he woke up from his slumberland and washed up, he will go to the kitchen and make breakfast. As for me, I will hurriedly follow him with smile and sit on the chair at the counter bar in the kitchen. Watching his every move is so enticing to me. This someone special to me is my wife that I cherish so much named Chen or what I called him, Chen Chen.

 

Chen's pov

 " Aargh, today, *sigh* why today is even come?"

" I better prepare myself again today. *sigh* what a day."

 

Nobody's pov

 There is no smile on Chen's face unlike Lay whose smile always plastered on his face showing his sweet dimples. At the sight of Chen's face makes Lay cringes a bit. He tries to stand up and gets closer to Chen as to hug him but Chen just ignores him and walks away. However, to Lay today's breakfast is also lovely like any other days.

 While Chen sitting on the couch and watching television, he suddenly reminisces those moments when he and Lay will cuddle together with his head on his husband's lap and his husband will play with his hair while watching television. He always likes that habit of Lay. Just remembers this makes Chen smiles.

 

Lay's pov

 " What are you smiling at Chen Chen?" With my question, he just shakes his head and giggles a little. What a cute Chen of mine. I always and forever cherish his smile and giggle.

 

Nobody's pov

 Chen and Lay are like melody and harmony to each other. They carefully play their parts as to make sure the song will continously playing beautifully and that song is their marriage.

 That evening, Chen walks out from their warm and cozy house wearing all black attire. Leaves behind Lay who refuses to step out from the house. Chen is heading to some quiet place but on the way there, he stops by at flowers shop and buys a bouquet of lilac. After bought the flowers, Chen reminisces for the second time on that day where Lay always likes to buy lilac to decorate their house. This is because, Lay really likes purple but to buy 'morning glory' is not in his fancy so 'lilac' it is.

 However, for two years Chen had decided that lilac is not to be decorated in the house again. After that, Chen inhales the lilac's scent and somehow he feels like crying.

 When his destination is nearing, his walks are getting heavier and his eyes are getting hazier. Until he is standing at a certain spot and his eyes cannot control the tears anymore and he cries a river at the sight infront of him.

 The date infront of him shows 7th OCT 1991 - 28th AUG 2018.

It is his husband's grave which has been existing since two years ago. He is still in denial that his husband had left him alone in their love nest. What happened to their vows for to not leave each other? How can he broke it that easy only after four years of marriage?

 

Chen's pov

 " Xing Xing, here is your favourite flowers, I hope you can smell the scent. But, sorry like what I said last year, this year also I cannot stand to see lilac in our house but it's enough just to bring these flowers to you. You know, I don't want to stay here that long because only I will do the talking and you just listening and I really dislike it. No, I don't dislike you, instead I always love you but...... I think you'll understand me right? Forgive me for not follow you and selfishly living in this world."

 

Nobody's pov

 Chen walks away from the graveyard. Going to see his husband's grave is like two people make a promise to see each other at the same day and place every year. But, the only difference is that Chen can always ditch the place, turn around and heading home but the other is stays rooted on that very same place.

But, little did Chen knows that Lay is never broke their vows and still loyally waiting for him in their house everytime he walks out. Lay knows what he smiles at nowadays, what he likes and dislikes and even knows that he really hates that certain day which is today. So, that is why Lay also dislike this day and refuses to follow him to his own grave because although people can't see what his wife has tagged along with him on the way there, he however can see it clearly that Chen's heart has been shattering to million pieces. It makes Lay hates himself.

 If he can, he could be on his knees and begging God to be reborn and love his wife again. But, he isn't sure if he can find his wife among zillion of people.

 So, if one day Chen find someone else to complete his life, he will be the first to bless him for happiness and if that day comes, he will no longer stay in their house and will leave Chen in some other's loving hand.

But, for now, Lay is patiently waiting on the chair at the counter bar in the kitchen for his wife. It is where he always been to first thing first every morning to watch his wife making breakfast. For now, he is preparing himself as to comfort his wife in his sadness when he comes back.

 

Lay's pov

 " Chen Chen, where are you right now? Are you somehow near our home? Let me wipe away all of your tears, whisper soothing words to your ears and lullaby you to sleep in my arms. Baby Chen, I hope next coming years you will not in despair again because of me. I'm so sorry."

 

 

Kindly leave comment after reading this story. Kamsahamnida