Chapter One

Meeting Again

“Noona, stop it already! You keep on fidgeting and sighing every minute, it’s starting to put me on edge.”

The fair skinned woman glare at the man and clicks her tongue. “How can I stop? I’m worried about Sae Joo, and it’s my first day at work today! I have never worked in the city before!” She looks back towards the front and pulls down the car’s visor to look at herself in the mirror. “Do I look too much like a country bumpkin? I don’t want to embarrass you, so tell me the truth!”

The man tightens his hands on the steering wheel and pulls over to the emergency lane before reaching over and placing both of his hands on her shoulders. “Noona, you’re Seo Joohyun, the person that practically raised me and paid for me to go to school! How can I ever be embarrassed of you? You’re smart, pretty and kind, the company is lucky to have you.” He smiles when he sees her crack a smile. “And stop worrying about Saejoo, he adapts easily so he’s probably fitting in already.”

Joohyun suddenly leans over and hugs the man. “Thank you Dongjun-ah, you are the best brother ever. You always say the right thing.”

Dongjun returns the hug before pulling away. “Alright, let’s go now before we hit traffic and then you will be late on your first day!” He quickly maneuvers his car back into the lane. “By the way noona…” he starts with a smirk on his face. “Don’t you know that country bumpkins are in these days?”

“YAH!” 
--
“Well that wasn’t so bad.” Joohyun thought to herself as the manager led her over to the front desk. The manager was a big burly man by the name of Kang Hodong, and he just finished giving her a quick tour of the company and was now walking her to the front desk where she would be working as a front desk receptionist. Joohyun thought that Kang Hodong seems kind, and the employees that he introduced to her also seem pleasant. She had to admit that she was a bit scared because back in the country, everyone that went to the city had always talked about how rude, unfriendly, and judgmental city people were.

“This is Na Mirae, front desk supervisor; she will be training you. I have to get going now, so work hard and listen to her and you will be fine.” Kang Ho Dong smiles before walking away.

“Hello, my name is Seo Joohyun, please take care of me well Supervisor Na.” Joohyun politely bows as she greets Mirae.

“Call me unnie! You’re 26 right?” Mirae smiles brightly.

Joohyun was a bit taken back because Mirae was so bright and friendly, but she soon smiled widely too because she knew that they were going to get along just fine. “Yes, unnie, I am 26.”
--
After working and training for a few hours, Mirae and Joohyun took their lunch break and were chatting away happily as if they have been best friends for years.

“You’re going to love working here, this company is wonderful!” Mirae boasts. “We have great benefits, and the end of the year gifts are seriously daebak! Last year the CEO gave us all a brand new laptop!”

Joohyun’s eyes widen. “A gift that big for everyone? The CEO must be really nice!”

“Of course he is!” Mirae’s eyes brighten. “Not only is he nice, but he’s super handsome too! He’s perfect! … Well, almost perfect.”

“Hmm? Almost perfect? Why do you say that?” Joo Hyun was suddenly curious because Mirae’s expression suddenly changed.
Mirae looks around suspiciously before coming closer to whisper into Joohyun’s ears. “You didn’t hear this from me but the CEO apparently cheats on his wife ALL the time. Everything from models to idol girl groups.”

Joohyun gasped out loud but quickly covers . “He’s such a bastard to do that!” Joohyun whispers back.

“I know, but he is such a good boss. I feel sad for their son though, he’s young now so he won’t know much but I wonder how his son would feel when he gets older and know about it.” Mirae shakes her head as if trying to get rid of her thoughts. “Who knows, he might be used to it by then, life of the rich huh?”

Joohyun’s jaw dropped. “They even have a son? I can’t believe it. Can’t he at least be discreet about it?”

“I don’t think it’s our place to judge, but to be honest, his wife is the biggest I ever met!” Mirae went back to her plate of food. “And you also didn’t hear that from me.”
--
Both Joohyun and Mirae got back from their lunch and are now sitting at the front desk working when suddenly Mirae says, “Oh! It’s sajangnim, I thought he took off today.”

Joohyun looked out the front door and she could see that two black sedans had pulled up and four men surrounded another man, who Joo Hyun assumed was the CEO.

“Quick Joohyun, get up, we have to go great sajangmin” Joohyun follows Mirae and stands next to her and mirrors Mirae’s actions by putting her hands together and bowing.

“Sajangnim.” They greeted as they could see pairs of feet approaching.

“Hello ladies.” Joohyun heard a man replied and both she and Mirae looked up but when she locked eyes with the man she felt as if her heart had stopped, and he was staring right back at her with wide eyes.

The two stares at each other for a while before Mirae clears , “Sajangnim, this is Seo Joohyun, she is new, today is her first day so please excuse her if she was rude.” Mirae nudges Joohyun and whispers to her. “Tell him you’re sorry for staring like that.”

Mirae’s nudge snapped Joohyun out of her trance and she bowed to apologize. “Sajangim, I am sorry for being rude, please forgive me.”

The man did not reply, but instead kept staring until another man next to him spoke up. “Sajangnim, we have the conference call in 10 minutes.”

“It’s okay.” He replies back to Joohyun before walking away towards the elevator.

Once he was out of sight Joohyun felt her eyes glisten. After all these years she finally sees him again. She thought that she was never going to see him again, but now he is her boss and her brother’s boss. She didn’t know if fate was trying to play a cruel game.
--
“Minhyuk ah, please get me Seo Joohyun’s employee file and gather all you know about her by the time my conference call is over.”
--

Author's Note: Please excuse ALL of the grammar mistakes. I have yet to proofread but I was excited to post because it been a really long time for me. It might be confusing now but all will be answered in time. Please tell me what you think!