Till Death

Till Death Do Us Part

Jessica ran and hid from the witch holding her key. It was a very old, curious key, made up of three bars, the long one with the oval fashioned at the end of it, and two shorter ones that were hollow and that stuck up from the original bar. Just to check that it was the right one she went to her own bedroom window, located at the side of the house to test it. She stuck the key into the semi-circle pieces of metal that stuck out from the bottom of the window and pushed up. The window opened and she was greatly relieved.

Just then, Minho walked around the corner. Jessica quickly went up to him and asked him when he was. Minho sadly replied “Thursday” as he put his hands into his grey, tracksuit jumper walked past her to the back yard.

Jonghyun and Onew were the next two members that walked around the corner. Jessica repeated the question she had asked Minho not long ago and Onew was the first to reply. “Tuesday” he said gloomily and continued to walk to the backyard with his head hanging low, leaving Jessica and Jonghyun standing there.

She looked at him and answered the question like all the others before him.  He glumly said “Wednesday” and followed Onew to the backyard.

Jonghyun had not long left when Key came around the corner. Again she asked when he was and again was answered with sadness. “Friday” he replied and walked to the backyard.

Jessica waited for the youngest, the maknae, Taemin to come around the corner, just like all the others did and walk past her with that melancholy expression, pretending she didn’t exist to protect her and help her flee from the evil witch and only acknowledging her to answer her question. When he came, walking around the corner like all the others he was shaking and fighting back the tears. She again asked the question of when he was and Taemin scaredy replied “Monday”.

At this point he could not help himself and the tears started rolling down his face. “I’m so scared” he wept. Jessica hugged him tightly as the tears started to force their way through. She knew what she had to do.

She let go of Taemin after he had calmed down a bit and watched him walk to the backyard. After standing there for a few seconds she followed.

In the small backyard there lied cross, a chessboard, nails, a bucket, a hammer and rope. The things were scattered in no particular order along the ground and were defiantly what the SHINee boys were staring aimlessly at, before Taemin had came, and wishing it would all just go away. Now, they were around Taemin, hugging him tightly like Jessica had done before and whispering comforting things to him. They were all just as scared as the crying maknae, but they did not show it.

Key was the first notice Jessica walking around the corner. He went up to her and asked “what are you doing here? You should have escaped and ran.”

“No, I’m not leaving you guys here” she said as she looked at all the SHINee members she loved and started to tear up. Key nodded in reluctant agreement and moved aside.

With all her might Jessica threw the old key at the screen door that gave entry to the backroom of the house she once called home. It hit it, making a clanging sound then hitting the top of the concrete steps with a clink. At that moment the door slide open and the dreaded old witch came out.

“So you decided to come back” she said as an evil smile came across her face. The old hag bent over and picked up the key, then turned it in her hand a few times. She then walked over to the group and Taemin buried his head into Minho’s grey jumper, already soaked with tears.

The witch looked once at him and Minho squeezed the poor crying maknae tighter, as if to try and protect him from all the evil in the world and all the evil that was about to take place.       

The witch then fixed her gaze back on Jessica and walked closer, as if to examine her. When she was right in front of the calmly crying girl she smiled her evil wicked smile. Jessica the bent down and whispered in her ear “I want to take his place” while looking at Taemin.

The witch replied “suit yourself, as long as one of yous dies today”. 

Jessica looked over at Taemin who had turned his face out of Minho’s jumper to look at her. Before she knew it she was hugging the maknae and crying into him. The rest of the SHINee boys were around her at once, hugging her tightly, whispering soothing things to her and thanking her for what she was about to do.

After a few tearful minutes the witch became impatient and dragged Jessica out of the group. She picked up a nail from the bunch and a hammer and instructed Jessica to lie on the cross with her arms stretched out across the blistering wood. She knelt down near where her left arm was stretched out on the cross but before the witch could start hammering her to the cross Jessica yelled “Wait! If you nail me to this cross I won’t be able to play chess against you properly”.

The witch had a moment of thought and finally agreed to what her victim had said. She let Jessica get up and took a seat on the far side of the chessboard. The SHINee boys helped her get up off the cross and they all walked towards the old chessboard.

Jessica stood opposite to the old hag and looked down at her pieces and realised that this was her own old chessboard, the one she and her Father use to play with when she was younger. She looked at all the little white pieces and reminisced about happier times.        

She was dragged out of that train of thought when the witch yelled at her to hurry up and take her spot opposite her.

Jessica sat, and so did the SHINee boys. Minho laid his head on her shoulder and Taemin put his head on her lap. When it wasn’t her turn she patted it softly and ran her fingers through his long blonde hair. Onew held her hand tightly and Jonghyun had his chin on her other shoulder, facing the way of the board. Key had wrapped his arms around her waist and sat on the opposite side to Minho and Onew. They were all peaceful and comforted for the last time before the world came crashing down on them.   

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

THANKS FOR READING!!!! its my first story so be nice and i might have a new one out soon FIGHTING!!!