Just Today

Dead Autumn

 

He knew it he had to go, now. But he can't, his promised to her, to Ailee.
 
"Kris!" Ailee shouted while running to him. As usual, Kris stood and waited with opened arms, arms that Ailee could fit in. Ailee buried her face on his chest. The scene freezes for about thirty second. 
 
The chilly evening air gave them comfort in walking along the trees in the island park of Naminara. Hands tangled on each other, they continued their way until they reached a big tree where they rest under it. 
 
"I brought pepero Kris. Green tea." Ailee simpers at him. 
 
"It is always pepero huh" Kris chuckled. "There will always be chocolate sticks around you." 
 
"Is that a plus or minus?" Ailee stared at him pleasingly. 
 
"What do you think. . ." He smirked then tittered. 
 
The young couple enjoyed the warm sun rays, evening air, birds singing sound… hands tied to one another, Ailee's head on Kris's shoulder leaning on him until she thought of something that they hadn't do for so long and that she missed it. 
 
"Let's play a pepero eating game Kris! Okay? It had been so long since the last time we had it. "
 
Kris thought of rejecting it, but he also missed the annoyed expression on Ailee's face when she loses to him. So, he accepted the challenge. The game is simple, they just had to compete to eat the pepero stick, only the part where there is the jam. The part where there's no jam will be kept in a place which them will be used to count how many sticks each have eaten. The one who eat the most is the winner. 
 
"No touching, ahaha. . ." Ailee hit Kris's hand that was about to cheat. "One, two, three!"
 
The game went on as usual, fun, memorable and sweet. There are times where Kris would would distract Ailee by messing up with her hair or holding her hands as well as times where Ailee would poke Kris's cheek to slow him down from chewing so fast. There were 20 sticks in one pepero box. Kris had half of the box while Ailee only had eight sticks on her stomach.
 
"Last one is mine!" Ailee grabbed it earlier than Kris and put it inside . "We are even." She then continued to giggle, while holding onto Kris's hands to make sure they are in position. 
 
Kris then gave her that smirk, the smirk that tells her 'you will lose'. Hands still gripped by Ailee, he leaned forward to her and began biting the other edge of the last pepero stick, until his mouth touches Ailee's. 
 
"What's that! Cheater!" Ailee raised her voice at him while half laughing. 
 
"Lo-oser!" 
 
Both of them had a playful, endearing fight until Ailee turned her head to the right to see a man that looked exactly like Kris, staring at her. 
 
"Kris…"