"He's Gone..."

Left Without a Goodbye

Today was a normal day.

Tao walked into school(their school is small because only about 80 students go there) 30 minutes early, and sat down in the front room next to his good friend, Baekhyun. Baekhyun was sitting next to his best friend, Chanyeol. Tao and Baekhyun chatted like every normal day they would. They would fanboy over people they liked from movies and shows while Chanyeol silently judged them. Lay would walk in eating his bag of Lay's the chips. He would go over to the two and greet them with a "Good morning, Taozi and Bacon." Then he'd leave them to go to his and Tao's first class upstairs.

Tao would continue to talk happily to Baekhyun while he did the same. About 10 minutes before the bells ring, the best of best friends Sehun and Luhan would walk in and wait for the two to get up so they could head to class before they become late. Luhan and Tao both had the same class. Sehun and Baekhyun would go to their own classes.

As the friends would wait for class to being, Kris would walk in tired as normal. He would pat Tao on the head before sitting down behind him and going to sleep. Tao always found him somewhat cute. His random noises he made like he was some kind of dragon. The jokes he made toward his friends. How much he slept in class. He thought it was all cute. Suho, behind Luhan, would immediately began talking to the sleepy Kris.

This was the average morning.

Lunch on this particular day was slightly different. Kris and Suho chatted while Sehun and Luhan budded into their conversation. Tao would normally talk with them, but Xiumin wasn't there that day, which meant Baekhyun was free to be with Tao. He pulled him aside. Tao knew it was important when he did that. They began talking about that important topic. "I'm so close to losing it with Xiumin." Baekhyun complained.

Tao was never the advice giver. He was only there to listen. "Why?" He asked. "He's still whining about being lonely when I'm working my off to make him happy. I can't handle it anymore! After two years with the same thing over and over again, I feel like puking. If you weren't here to keep me calm, I'd probably lose my mind." Tao hugged the small out of empathy. He hated what Baekhyun was going through. With the smaller boy's depression and anxiety, Xiumin was only adding on to it. Tao was always there for him though.

 

---

 

The next day the ordinary morning was not at all normal.

Tao did not come in 30 minutes early.

He did not come 10 minutes before the bell.

He did not show up at all.

Baekhyun worried since this was the first time he's been absent. Luhan and Sehun suggested he overslept, and moved on. When Kris arrived he saw the empty desk. He blinked as he sat down. He stared at it for a second. It took him a moment to realize Tao was literally not there. Suho called his name snapping him out of his gaze.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was worried by the end of the day. Tao did not show up, and he did not reply to his texts. Luhan and Sehun were not as worried, but felt something off about the situation. Out of the blue, Sehun's phone rang. He picked up eagerly, "Hello?... W-What?... Wait, why! Mom! Mom!" The two looked at him wanting to know what was going on. "My mom just called telling me she was at the hospital, and I needed to ride with you." You meaning Luhan.

"Why is she there?"

"I don't know. She didn't say."

"I hope it's nothing bad..." Baekhyun mumbled. The two best friends quickly parted ways with the other boy.

 

---

 

Sehun went home with Luhan. He was waiting for his mother's call back. It was hours later when he got the call. "Mom, is everything all right? Why are you at the hospital?" "Honey, I need you to sit down. This... This is going to hurt..." Sehun rose his eyebrows. He quickly sat down. He thanked the heavens Luhan was not in the room.

"It's about Tao..."

"What about him?"

"... He's... Dead..."

...

Sehun sat there unable to move, "W-What?"

"He's gone... Tao committed suicide..."

That's when Luhan came in with a box of fruit snacks. He saw the tears in Sehun's eyes and immediately ran to him dropping the box. Sehun dropped the phone. He fell into Luhan's arms.

"Sehun? Sehun, what's wrong!?"

"He's- He's gone..."

"Who's gone?"

"T-Tao..." His voice cracked slightly as he spoke the familiar name.

"What... What do you mean, Sehun?"

"He... He's dead... He committed suicide..."

Seconds after, Luhan's legs couldn't hold him up any longer. He dropped to the ground in a lifeless gaze. The two were in utter shock.

Their friend...

Their friend was gone...

Their friend had chose to leave...

He left...

Without a single goodbye...

 

---

 

The next day at school both Sehun and Luhan weren't there. Neither was Tao. Baekhyun sat at the front of the school in utterly confusion and worry. Chanyeol noticed this sudden change in his best friend. He placed his hand on the shorter's shoulder. "What's wrong, Baekhyun?"

"Tao wasn't here yesterday... Luhan, Sehun, and Tao are all not here today... I'm... I'm really scared it's important..."

"Well... If it's important I'm sure it's nothing terrible. So don't worry." Just as the tall boy finished that sentence, Baekhyun got a text message. He saw it was from Sehun, and quickly opened it. It read,

Tao won't be coming to school anymore.

This set Baekhyun's alarm off,

Why not? What happen??

The reply came slower then before,

He's gone... He committed suicide.

Baekhyun's body froze.

His eyes did not move from the glowing screen. His heart rate increased in speed. His mind shattered as reality came crashing down to his feet.

 Gone...? ... Su... suicide...

The thought of Tao murdering himself.

His breathe picked up as tears swelled in his eyes. It was happening at school, a panic attack. His body felt like it was being crushed in on itself. His lungs were closing up making him gasp for air.

Chanyeol knew what was happening. He'd been there for Baekhyun before, but never at school. He helped the poor boy into a empty classroom. Baekhyun sobbed in his arms. He knew there wasn't a way to help Baekhyun besides being there. He didn't know what was happening, but he knew Baekhyun found out terrible news. It took a little bit until Baekhyun slipped to the floor, and got into fetal postion. This was Chanyeol's que to give him some alone time. He walked out of the class to find Lay standing outside worried. He closed the door softly.

"Is everything alright? I saw Baekhyun start crying. I told everyone it was nothing so they wouldn't worry. I know it can't just be nothing though, so what's wrong." Lay questioned. The worry was visible across his face. Chanyeol bit his lip, "To be honest I don't know. I do know that whatever someone texted Baekhyun caused him to have a panic attack. He's cooling down so I took his phone. We can see what the text said together if you want." Lay nodded meaning he'd like that.

Chanyeol quickly nodded and brought up the text. He held it so where they both could read it. As they read it, their faces shaped into shock. Chanyeol brought the phone to his chest. Lay stood there looking at the ground in surprise and shock. He would never have thought something like that would happen. Tao was his friend. His good friend. This took a large chunk out of him. Chanyeol took a step backwards before he turned around and walked back into the room with Baekhyun. Lay stood there alone. He couldn't move.

He couldn't.

 

---

 

News got around about what happened. The teachers had no clue, but the students knew. In the second class of the day, Sehun and Luhan never talked. They wouldn't make a sound. Tao was in that class with them, but he wasn't there anymore.

The teacher walked in and began to take roll. When he reached Tao's name no one spoke. "He's not here again? Aish, he's missing a lot of work." The most hated kid in the class for many different reasons, Chen, spoke out, "Who's Tao? I don't remember a Tao." This ticked Sehun and Luhan off. "Oh, sure you don't. Because Tao hasn't been in this class all year." The sarcasm from the teacher was strong.

"Exactly." Chen said as if he wasn't joking. Sehun jumped up and walked over to him. He grabbed his shirt and pulled up. "You stop this! You know exactly who he is! You know what happened! You know everything! So shut the up!!" The teacher pulled the raged boy away from the surprised boy. Sehun still yelled without care, "I'm tired of your !! No! We're all tired of you! Why can't you be a normal person once without hating on everyone!!!"

Luhan ran over to his friend and covered his mouth, "Stop it! There is no need for this!" It took a moment for the two to calm down. The teacher let go of the younger and looked at his class. "... What happened to Tao?"

 

---

 

As the days passed, people began to talk less. The teachers would try and not say Tao's name to make sure everyone wouldn't start anything. Baekhyun stayed home. Chanyeol stayed with him, because he knew if he didn't... Baekhyun might as well be gone as well.

Everytime someone spoke Tao's name, Lay would yell at them, "Shut the up! Don't talk about him! Just leave it alone!" He would get so angry, and his day would be ruined.

Sehun and Luhan would rarely bring up Tao. When they did, it was when they were alone. They barely talked now unless it was to each other. They were scarred. The scar would last for years. They knew that.

Suho tried his best to talk to cheer Kris up when he could. Kris was much less talkative and more tired then he normally was. He would never touch anyone like he use to when he would mess around with Tao. When someone mentioned Tao he would leave the room.

Chen continued to ignore the Tao thing. Whenever someone brought up Tao he would either say, "Who's that?" or "Suicide is something that you can't change. Tao made the choice, now move on. You don't need to keep talking about something like this." He was always a philosophical person.

The whole school tried their best to move on.

But how can you when someone from your school full of only 80 people suicided without giving a reason?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi ^_^

I hope you enjoyed.

This may not seem like an ending, but it is. ^^""""

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Saranghmnida<3