Games

Games - Myungsoo

Getting to see Myungsoo was going to be perfect. Just a game night and maybe a movie was planned tonight. Slipping on some fuzzy pajamas and a tight-ish t shirt to match. Waiting was always the hard part, waiting to see Myungsoo for two weeks killed you especially grieving for the death of your brother in a tragic traffic accident. Not telling Myungsoo about the news ate you from the inside, but you couldn’t tell him for he had enough on his mind.

The knocking at the door snapped you out of your thoughts of your late brother as you walked to the door. Turning the handle, Myungsoo jumped into your apartment.

"Ta Da!" He held out his arms as he made you smile. You hugged him tightly as he hugged you back lifting you from your feet. "I missed you so much." He said as you could barely breathe. Retracting his arms from you and setting you down gently he smiled and kissed your cheek as he held your hand and took you to where you set up the snacks.

"I brought some games for us jagi, I thought that it could be like a retro game night." Myungsoo said as you followed him as you sat across from him. He laid out all the games as you found a childhood game that your older brother taught you how to play. Gently picking up the game into your hands, you examined the game as Myungsoo watched you.

"Do you want to play that game first?" Myungsoo asked as he put the other games on top of each other. Lifting the lid, you took out the game board and looked at the cards, then the playing pieces. Picking up the little metal figurine, you let your fingers run over the cool metal as your mind flipped back to when you were around 7 or 8.

”________ come and play a game with me~” Your brother, Joon called.

"Coming!" You ran into his room as you sat on the floor across from him, "Are we playing __________?"

"What other games do I play with you?" He laughed as he took out the board and picked the piece that he used every single time, setting it on the board. Joon shuffled the cards as his fingers moved like magic.

Playing for hours, you would fall asleep on the board as Joon would move you onto his bed and let you sleep with him until your parents came home the next morning from their many jobs.

”________. ________?” Myungsoo called as he waved his hand in front of your face until you snapped out of your flashback. Your breathing was rapid as you clutched the figurine gently.

"Excuse me, Myungsoo. I need some fresh air." You stood up as you walked to the coat closet as you pulled on a hoodie and slipped on some shoes as you walked out to the front of the building. The cool air hit you as you tried to breathe, your legs shook as you decided to walk, you walked quickly at first as your mind began to slow, so did your walking.

Wondering around the city, you played with the figurine that was still in your hand as you began to cry silently. Finding a nearby park you sat on the swing as you rocked forward and back as your mind hung on the news that you received that long week ago.

After a few minutes, Myungsoo came out to find you but you were no where to be found.

”________!” Myungsoo called into the night air as he ran off around the city to find you.

An hour later, he stopped at a park and leaned against a boulder as he ruffled his hair. Faint whimpers were heard from the park as he decided to check it out.

The pounding of feet barely tore you away from your thoughts of Joon.

”________?” Myungsoo called as he walked closer to the figure on the swing. Kneeling down in front of you, tears fell onto your fuzzy pants as his hands rested on your knees.

"What’s wrong, babe?" He asked with sincerity. You just shook your head ‘no’ as he then moved his hands up your arms and cupped your face as he wiped off the tears.

"Please, please, tell me. Was it something that I did?" He asked feeling guilty if he did anything. You shook your head slowly as your lip pouted and quivered as more tears raced down your face.

"What is it?" His famous stare came out as he wore his heart on his sleeve. Your eyes caught his as you tried to regulate your emotions so that you could talk to him.

"J-J-Joon, d-d-d-d-died." You choked out as you felt yourself go limp and fall into his arms.

"I’m sorry, _____." His arms wrapped around you as he only knew Joon by his reputation through how much you talked about him.

"T-The g-g-game." You whimpered out, "we used to p-p-play it t-t-together."

"I didn’t mean to do that to you, I am so sorry." Myungsoo held onto you tighter. Crying in his arms made you feel better as your body settled down and hiccups from the crying escaped a little as Myungsoo kissed your cheek.

"How about we go to your place and we try and make you feel better? How about a good game of Pictionary?" Myungsoo gave you a faint smile as you nodded. Standing up he held your hand as you rested your head against his shoulder. Both of you walked slowly back to your place while talking about the good times with Joon and trying to make you feel at ease with Joon’s death. Taking the sad memories and creating new ones with Myungsoo helped comfort you through this rough time and you knew Myungsoo would always be there for you.