Chapter 1

Grace in Love
'I love you' she woke up to those words resounding in her minds as if it just happen yesterday when the event took place over two months already, yet for herself it was still a shock that she felt half of herself being shattered to pieces on that day. The pain itself still visible and she could felt it up her chest near where her heart beating.
 
“Grace, wake up you have school dear” she ruffles through her bed hair sighing softly as her eyes examining her own room, she had the curtain close so that the sun light wouldn't hit directly inside her room making her room gloomy with a slight sun light trying to pierce through the curtain.
 
After getting off from her bed, she have her eyes down on the floor making her way slowly towards the bathroom; for some reason she couldn't bring herself to look up where memories were filling up the room. Everywhere at each corner of the room is fill with memories that is hard to be let go and even to actually make it vanished completely from her life. This was her own little hardship that she couldn't overcome yet.
 
Sighing softly she undressed herself and showered herself; having her eyes close every seconds as the laziness taking over the majority of her body. “Stupid, you deserve this!” slowly her eyes open at words cross her mind just now as if her other self were talking and mocking her own selfish act of reminiscing over the memories and end up crying the whole night.
 
“Ya! Can you shower quickly? You are dragging me along with you” an annoyed, loud voice yelling from outside the shower room while banging on the door. Grace quickly recognize that voice knowing it was her younger sister; Aesook. Rolling her eyes being annoyed herself at the act of her younger sister she turn off the shower and quickly dry herself off before wrapping herself with the towel, finally turning the doorknob open only to be greeted by the angry face of Aesook.
 
“Can't you even give me a privacy for at least 20 minutes?” Grace grunt before stomping her feet getting ready for school and silently Aesook while rambling and grumbling about her never-late-to-school record always get strained by her because of this common morning scene.
 
Grace only shook her head and dried her hair off with the hair blower before grabbing her bag and storm downstairs where their mother already waiting at the door entrance to sent them off.  “I'll have to skip breakfast, I'll stop by the store to buy something” she quickly brush off her mother and just simply wave her hand before pushing Aesook outside the door tired of her complaining.
 
*****
 
Both Grace and Aesook somehow managed to get down from the bus and run towards the school entrance before few minutes of the bell ringing. Aesook panting for breathe as they were running on their way to school from the bus station causing her unfit body to took a toll on it. “Finally I've made it before the bell to Senhwa”
 
“Such an unfit body! Go do some exercise idiot” Grace chuckles as she eyes her younger sister.
 
“Both of you fool!” Grace frowned at the word 'fool' being described to her since she is older than the others. But knowing the familiar voice it is none other than Beakhyun which was one of their best friend and also in the same class as Aesook. Grace quickly smack his head softly while chuckling “Stop calling me a fool when you are one yourself” she added a comment.
 
The three of them walk towards the open air hall where every student gathered for their morning assembly every Monday to hear the headmaster speech and move on the disciplinary teacher. Aesook walks behind Beakhyun following him towards their classroom lineup while Grace walks away alone towards her line.
 
“Good morning” someone greeted her just when she get in the line; Kyungsoo. She was already familiar with that voice and turns around only to smile widely while greeting him back. “Aesook late again?” he quickly asked about her younger sister.
 
Grace nodded determined to lie about she was the cause of her lateness but over being friend for nearly 2 years since middle school, Kyungsoo know her better than anybody else. “Don't lie Grace, it was you the one who make her late” he replied before laughing slightly only to receive a light slap on his shoulder.
 
“I'm so hungry” she whisper to Kyungsoo while patting her belly; because Aesook was nagging about being late the whole time they were inside the bus just now, Grace cancel her plan about stopping at the shop on the way to school.
 
Sighing softly she could hear her stomach softly complaining about the need of food; shooking the thoughts of being hungry away she finally could listen up to the speech the disciplinary teacher were making and end up wishing she wouldn't have to listen to it.
 
“Since all the teacher will be attending to the sudden brought up meeting by the headmaster, we will leaving you all in the hands of our school prefects. Suho-sshi...” the old disciplinary teacher pointed for Suho to take over the mic.
 
Her eyes quickly look away from the stage where the most adored and honored prefect on the school stands. “I'll be leading you from here onwards...” 'I love you' she shuts her eyes as those words pierce through her heart and it felt as if countless needle were stabbing upon the already broken heart. 'I'm sorry...'
 
“Since the assembly already ended we will go back to our own classroom and have a self-study time. Students who got caught going out of classroom doing unnecessary thing will be punished” informed the prefect and cleanly ended the assembly. Slowly the student neatly start to walk towards the school hallway into their own classroom. 
 
Aesook eyes shifted towards the students who were late and her eyes look at each of them as if trying to investigating those bunch of people. “Ah...Chanyeol is late” she slightly turned her head towards Beakhyun who seem to know one of those late students.
 
“Chanyeol?” her eyes were fixated on Beakhyun somehow interested in seeing which one were his familiar rather than interested in the person itself.
 
Beakhyun pulled the strap of Aesook bag and pull her back towards him before pointing out his finger towards the red hair guy with round eyes crouching down awaiting for his punishment for him being late. “He's not familiar” Aesook simply reply and her eyes goes back to Beakhyun seeking for his reply.
 
“Are you kidding me? He's in our class idiot!” Aesook flinched when Beakhyun softly hit the back of her head from the air-headed she is. It is just like that, she is the type that whomever isn't around the cycle of her knowing, even that person existence wouldn't be known to her. She simply doesn't feel the need to remember such a thing.
 
******
 
“Suho will have his hand pretty much heavy from the very morning” Kyungsoo comfortably said those words before stepping his foot inside the classroom. “Ah~ it's cold” he squeals from the coldness. “Aren't you cold Grace?” his eyes were on her as he speak noticing she was daydreaming he claps his hand right in front of her eyes causing her to flinch in shock.
 
“What are you doing?” she blinks her eyes; shocked to suddenly be brought back to reality.
 
“Are you okay?” he tilted his head to side, worries slowly covering his face expression which Grace quickly end it with just a simple nod and big smile.
 
"Everything's okay, maybe I'm just a little hungry you know.” she puckered her lips softly while her hand under the table rubbing on her belly only to hear it grumble in complain. “Can you cover for me?”
 
Sighing softly Kyungsoo only nod in agreement knowing she would go to the school canteen searching for food and probably will get caught by the prefect and ended up being drag back in the classroom. “It couldn't be help...” he commented and shook his head, seating on his chair.
 
Grace sneak around expertly in the school ground, with her eyes wildly looking and examining the surrounding afraid she might get caught by the prefect if ever she is unlucky today. The only unlucky day she ever have eventually whenever he...”Grace Park-sshi” her eyes widen and she stop on her track standing straight right away after hearing the strict and serious voice calling out his name as she was caught right handed.
 
“I'm so sorry its because I wake up late and I don't have time to eat afraid that I be late for school so right now I'm dying for every food I can get” out of her being nervous she blurted out everything and expect that the teacher or even the prefect would be understanding upon her situation.
 
“You will accept every food you can get?” the strict voice turn into a softer tone and somehow the voice seems quite familiar for Grace. She slowly relaxed her tense body and turn around only to see Suho standing there smiling his angelic smile as he held out bunch of breads and two carton of milks he bought from the store she intended to stop by just now. “How...” her words were cut off.
 
Suho walks nearing Grace with his hand holding the food. “Come on now, let's eat upstairs on the rooftop so that no one can caught you” his voice are so soft that it sent shivers down her spine, 'You're my friend' and she quickly flinch slightly at how hurtful those soft voice can be. 
 
Like it or not, she knew she couldn't win over Suho knowing how he would react upon her declining the effort he took in buying the food for her; not saying anything she starts walking following the broad shoulder in front of her that leading her towards the rooftop. 'How can your time be so perfect? Breads and even two cartons of milk...it's too detailed!' her heart aches somehow at these overflowing thoughts that cross her mind as the silence enveloping both of them as they climb the stairs.
 
'Does he always look at me without even me knowing?' thoughts after thoughts keep crossing her mind and what annoyed her the most was that her heart and mind in every mean trying to find the slightest hope that he might actually change. 'Isn't he being too sweet?' both of their track went into a stop for Suho to open the door which lead to the rooftop where air were softly gushing leaving it windy and cold for the season. “Here, you can have all you want” Suho quickly handed all the food he was carrying into Grace's arms.
 
Suho grabbed her wrist and drag her over the corner and seated there. “Come on now, I'm already starving...” Grace stood there in dazed at the sudden change of attitude and the soft voice just now disappeared just like the gush of the wind. “Come on seat!” he patted the floor requesting for her to seat. 
 
“Ah, according to Hanbyeol girls sure love it when guys put their handkerchief when they are seating at a dirty floor. Wanna me to do the same?” Suho asked her straightforward only leaving Grace quite shock and that feeling came again. The same feeling few months ago, the aching of her heart was so familiar. It's the same feeling as to when she confesses to him. The scene from few months ago start coming back to her mind.
 
“Suho-ya” she plays with her fingers, her face flushed in embarrassment about what she about to tell this boy standig in front of her. Inhaling every oxygen in exchange for courage, in one go she muttered those words bravely. “I love you~ Suho. I've already been in love with you since long ago”
 
Suho expression were as to be expected by Grace; shocked, flustered and few minutes later he smile and her heart flutter as if there is a sign of hope but it wasn't a hope instead it just crashes everything in one single blow, like a nuclear bomb being thrown down to make the world vanish. “I'm sorry Grace~ya. I only see you as my friend and never as something more than that. I can't and won't accept you. I can't love you~ but I still want you as my best friend” in single breathe Suho decline and crush both love and courage Grace gathered over this seven years.
 
“Grace!....Ya!....Grace” realizing she was daydreaming, she look aside to see Suho was shooking her body. “Are you okay? Have you been listening?” Suho asked once again while he look at her in the eyes.
 
“Sorry, what did you say?” Grace tilted her head in confusion, she must have miss something of Suho question.
 
“I was just asking that we're best friend right?” hearing those question hurt and aches her heart even more than before. It as if Suho was trying to reopen the old wound.
 
“If—if....if you say so...” she could only softly smile upon that lie she just said.

*****
 
Please leave a comment.
What do you think of this fanfiction? I'm not that good in English sorry for any grammar mistake.
Leave your comment and don't forget to subscribes.
Thanks.