Final

In the Eyes of Another


Kyungsoo

His brain was swimming in the clouds.

Not even a day in and they were already awake, shaking arms into sleeves and spooning cereals into their mouths, just to be on time as their manager rattled off schedules for the day from his position in the doorway.

He yawned, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He couldn’t wait for this day to be over.

The day passed by in a rush of costume changes and sweat and the bright flush of adrenaline coursing through his body deliciously, lending strength to overworked muscles clamped down by fatigue.

And now, hours later, the sun was underneath the waves, but still, they were on their way to the last recording as part of their promotions. 

He wonders if he can even muster up the strength to bellow the notes needed, with his throat parched and sore, but that's a problem for later.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly, pressing palms to dry, red-rimmed eyes, in the hopes of alleviating the headache starting to form beneath his eyelids.

A chuckle from the back of the van startled him awake from drowsiness, and he craned his neck to look at Lu Han, who was playfully punching Jongin on the arm.

Lu Han's eyes were crinkling at the corners, mouth wide with laughter. Jongin was silent but amusement was curved on his lips, eyes almost closing in mirth as Lu Han whispered something in his ear.

The other members were drowsing, catching on needed bits of rest, head lolling unto shoulders uncomfortably as the car drove down the busy streets. Kyungsoo wonders how the two are even so wide awake, eyes brilliant and feverish, but suddenly he remembers the performance just before and how the adrenaline had rushed through his veins, heart thumping loud in his ears.

He imagines it must be the same rush of energy that made Lu Han's eyes so intense, and Jongin almost jittery, hands fluttering a bit until Lu Han covered them with his own. Jongin shot him a grateful smile.

Kyungsoo turned around, closed his eyes, and smiled.

It would take a while for the adrenaline to die down, but there was still a long way to go.

 




Airport
 


The sound of fans screaming were painful to his ears, almost drowning out the voice announcing the arrivals of flights.

"Flight CJ-5092 to Suvharnabumi, Thailand, please start boarding now."

"Flight FB 468 from Incheon, Korea, will touch down in approximately 20 minutes to avoid air traffic. Again, Flight FB 468 from Incheon, Korea, will officially reach the country…"

 

Thomas winced as the fans screamed again.

He should already be used to this, with the arrival of Korean superstars almost every month in the country, but it still hurt his eardrums as they were subjected to shrill screams made by fans. The fans fidgeted along the departure area excitedly, waving fan boards and fan signs.

Thomas started reading their writings curiously.

"Kris, marry me." 

"Hunhan forever!"

"EXO, Fighting!"


He didn't understand the other writings, but he supposes it might just be as well. It's too late for him to start learning more languages when he can barely speak two.

He wonders when the superstars arrive, so he could actually see what the fuss was all about.

"Flight FB 468 from Incheon, Korea has arrived in the country and would be exiting in Departure Gate 2. Again, Flight FB 468 from Incheon, Korea…"

The screams starting rising in volume as fans pushed against each other. The barricade started to topple dangerously against their manic force.

Thomas stared as a multitude of Airport Security tried to fend them off, large figures imposing as they tried to intimidate the fans into backing down.

Thomas knew things were going to get worse when "EXO" actually arrived.

Thomas shifted impatiently, eager to get things over with.

He just knew the moment everyone had been waiting for had arrived when fans' screaming reached new heights, and a tall figure stepped out from the gate, a bag slung from his shoulder. One by one, members of the Korean boyband EXO stepped through as if they were just modelling for a magazine.

The roar of the fans was already deafening when two members of the group caught his eye.

The other one was small in stature, hair bright and skin reflecting the bright rays of the sun seeping in through the glass windows. He was ushering his companion through, pushing a bright haired but dark skinned member through the gate, hands bunched on the latter’s shoulders.

The dark skinned member turned and flashed the other a smile, one of the most beautiful that Thomas had ever seen. The taller, dark skinned one placed his hand over the one set on his shoulder and pulled the other closer. His smaller, paler companion allowed himself to be pulled close and started whispering in his ear, to which the dark skinned member stifled another laugh in response.

The fans started screaming names.

“Jongin! Jongin!” a fan was screaming loudly, gasping for breath as she was jostled to and fro; the darker skinned member turned his head in acknowledgement before turning again to his companion, seemingly resuming their conversation.

Thomas smiled.

For some reason, seeing them to be so unperturbed and ignoring the fans' hysteria was refreshing a bit; if they could learn to ignore, then Thomas could too.

When they came near him the smaller one turned his head and chanced upon Thomas looking at them; he bowed his head slightly and smiled a bit. His companion felt him stop momentarily so he turned his head as well.

"Welcome and please have a good stay here!" Thomas said loudly, and the darker skinned member- Jongin, his mind supplied helpfully; he seemed to understand, nodding shyly before tugging on his companion's hand so they could go.

The other members were already a little farther ahead, Thomas noted, seeing the consternation on Jongin’s face. The young faced one, his smaller, delicate looking companion turned his head in alarm, flashed him a smile and a quick wave before he linked his fingers with Jongin and started briskly walking through. The crowd started following them, loud screams of "LUKAI" reverberating in his ears.

Thomas watched their linked hands until they were swallowed up by the crowd.

He stretched and smiled.

A good day, indeed.


 



Sehun

The streets were busy with the 7am rush hour, pandemonium evident on people's faces as they rushed past, elbowing others out of their way in their hurry to reach their destinations on time.

Sehun liked walking during this time because of the anonymity it offered him, despite the stampede of the crowd.

And so there wasn't anything else to watch except his footsteps and the back of Jongin's head as he followed after Lu Han, hands grasping Lu Han's coat.

Still.

Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Can you be even more saccharine?" he deadpanned, running his fingers through his windswept hair.

"Um. What?" Jongin asked, pausing mid stride to look back at Sehun. Lu Han turned and stopped as well, hand griping Jongin's elbow lightly.

People were still jostling through them, parting like the red sea. Jongin stepped closer to Lu Han, avoiding the elbow swerving dangerously close to his rib.

"What?" Lu Han mouthed, hand shifting slightly to accommodate the heat of Jongin's body pressing to his side. He curled his fingers on Jongin’s hip, resting there almost possessively.

Sehun fought the urge to roll his eyes again. "Nothing."

Jongin stared at Lu Han, who shrugged.

"You sure?" Lu Han asked SeHun skeptically.

Sehun opened his mouth, and paused.

He wonders if it's right to say that they look so comfortable together, like a couple, or if it's quite right to say that Jongin's touch on Lu Han's waist looked natural, or that Lu Han's answering squeeze of fingers on Jongin's hand and his little smile was anything but affectionate. The hand on Jongin’s hip remained, fingers splayed, looking like they belonged there.

Sehun closed his mouth, and nodded.

A brief knot of confusion settled on Lu Han's forehead which was washed away by the tug of Jongin's fingers on his coat.

"Let's go, hyung." Jongin said, and Lu Han nodded, shooting Sehun a brief look of 'we're going to talk about this later' before pulling Jongin after him by the hand.

Sehun bit his lip and stifled a smile as he followed after them.

Maybe saccharine wasn't so bad.
 

 





Bubble teashop

"Welcome!" Kim Hye Rin said brightly when she heard the jingle of the bell. A group of young girls stepped inside the Milk Tea shop, brushing their hands through their hair, patting their clothes down to maintain their orderly appearance as they escaped the strong winds from outside.

When they came near the counter she flashed her customers a wide smile, hand poised with her trusty pen as she awaited their order. 

The chatter of the girls stopped momentarily as they stopped and thought about their preferences. They began pointing to the menu, debating among themselves, and Hye Rin glanced around.

She knew they were going to take a while.

The Milk Tea shop wasn't full during this time of the day, only the usual shop customers lounging around and talking with each other to pass the time.

The place was bright and cheery, with large windows filling the place with sunlight, the walls decorated in shades of cream and the palest of blues and lavenders, interspersed by vibrant splashes of yellow and green.

The girls finally caught her attention so she began to take their order. She smiled and excused herself, and proceeded to give their order to her co-employees.

When she heard the jingle of the bell again, she straightened and greeted the store's newcomers with another chipper smile.

Two guys walked in, both dressed in tones of black and white, the slimmer, shorter one in black slapping the other on the arm heartily.

The other had a lethargic, drowsy look to his face, only beguiled by the brightness of his eyes. He was smiling, straight, white teeth frame by a very lush mouth.

Hye Rin stared.

They were both handsome and somehow, looked oddly familiar.

When they came near the counter, the one in black started pursing his lips, looking like he was debating with himself. His companion just stood there and waited, hand gripping the other's sleeve lightly.

"What do you want, Jongin-ah?" the one in black turned to his companion, tilting his head slightly. 

He spoke with a rather lilting accent, Hye Rin noticed, and she was so caught up trying to place the accent when the one in white, the one with the lush mouth waved his hand in front of her.

She snapped upright. "Sorry! I'll be taking your order now!"

Black quirked a smile at her, and Hye Rin felt her cheeks heat up. 

"Right. So what will it be, gentlemen?" 


They started giving their orders, and when they finished, looking expectantly at her, she cleared .

"I'll be repeating your order, okay? That will be one Wintermelon milk tea and one Hot Taro milk Tea. I'll deliver it to your table, thanks!”

They nodded, bee lined to the closest window seat, and just sat in silence, looking at the passers-by outside.

Hye Rin watched them as she waited for their drinks to be prepared,  feeling almost like she was intruding on something.

They weren't even talking, she thought guiltily, trying to brush away the feeling. When Black turned and said something to his companion, eyes vibrant with an emotion Hye Rin couldn't quite discern, she turned her head to stifle the giggle rising up .

"Hye Rin!" Her co-worker called, waving his arm rapidly. "Order's done!"

"Right!" She said, balancing both drinks on her tray and slowly made her way to them.

They stopped talking and drew apart slightly, Black slowly pulling away his hand from White's hand. White was still staring at Black, eyes intense.

Hye Rin bit her lip.

"Here are your drinks... I hope you enjoy them." She said, trying to keep a smile off her face.

"Thank you." Black said softly, smiling at her slightly before resuming his staring competition with his companion.

Seeing it as a sign of dismissal, Hye Rin hurried away, and placed herself at a vantage point so she could watch.

"What are you staring at?" Her co-worker hissed, a cup of tea burning hot on his palm.

"Nothing?" She ventured.

Her co-worker raised an eyebrow. "Those two guys don't look like nothing to me." He blinked, and strained his neck forward.

"Aren't those guys idols, or something? I'm pretty sure I've seen them on TV before."

"They are?" Hye Rin asked, surprised.

"Probably new, if you're not familiar with them." Her companion shrugged. "My daughter likes idols. They're getting younger and younger these days, don’t they?"

"I'm too busy with school and work." Hye Rin said apologetically. "But they're really quite handsome."

He laughed. "Trust you to notice that. Anyway, here's the order for table 5."

"Right, thanks!" She settled the order on her tray and began trekking her way towards the designated table. 

When she passed by their table, she looked at them at the corner of her eye.


Idols... She mused. Skinship was all the rage for idols, but they were not on stage and not projecting for the camera. 

So.

Why were they sitting so close?

Black was talking, waving his hands excitedly, and White was watching with rapt attention, chin settled on his palm as he set his elbow on the table. She watched, fascinated, when White brought the straw of his drink to his full mouth and began drinking, cheeks hollowing as he siphoned the pearls from his tea.

Black stopped talking and swallowed, red creeping up his neck. White smirked, the corner of his mouth lifting.

Hye Rin turned away.

They were in quite a public place, and people were already starting to stare, them being idols and all.

Still. 

She'd give the privacy they need.

 


 

 

so, that's it! that marks the end of the different pov fics.

I would have liked to add more, but I was running out of ideas...

hope you guys like it!

Please read and review!