Angel and Demon

Feathers

 

“It's good to finally meet you, little angel.”

Chae Won stared at the man before her whose aura was emanating too much darkness that it even took her some effort not to show her fear. But the pit of her stomach told her that she was afraid of him.

She was afraid of him and she cannot understand why the fear that she experienced from the other woman seemed to be minute compared to the fear he evoked in her. She let out a painful moan when the pain on her chest seemed to be more excruciating. She exhaled sharp, short breaths to ease the pain.

Why isn’t the pain fading? Rather, why is it worsening? What is happening to her? Who are these people?

There were too many questions clamoring for attention in her mind. She winced as she tried to tolerate the pain while looking at the man before her.

His cold, calculating look inspected her until they reached the wounds that seemed to be healing slowly. A smirk formed on his lips.

“Compared to the way you healed in that woman’s cottage, it seemed like that ability is getting too slow.”

Chae Won had able to frown despite the pain inside her chest. “H-How did you-” she stopped as comprehension hit her. When he continued staring at her in amusement, Chae Won felt a sudden burst of wrath in her chest, enough to escape the two men from behind her. She screamed as she unthinkingly raised her fist to him. But it never landed.

She was left tumbling forward on the road. Her head bumped against the pavement, causing another nausea distorting her vision. She heard a chuckle behind her and with an ear-piercing shout; she turned around abruptly to try to attack. Chae Won felt as if she was slicing air as she kept on throwing her punches. But they never seem to hit him.

“You killed them!” she screamed.

He only chuckled earning another burst from her. Her tears came to pour on her cheeks as she futilely tried to attack him once again. She never cried when she was being tortured by these creatures. She never cried when she felt that excruciating pain inside her chest. But she felt that strange emotion she instinctively knew as hatred towards this man. Hatred, so deep it cut her.

It seemed like minutes had passed before he was done playing with her. With a swift movement, he took hold of her neck in a firm grip. Chae Won felt herself choked when she was lifted in the air. Her hands came to futilely dislodge his hand on her neck while her feet shook violently.

“This is the angel that we should be afraid of,” she barely heard him mock as she was too preoccupied with escaping his cruel grasp. He tightened his hold, choking her. Her eyes widened. Is this going to be her end?

She was catapulted back to the pavement. Her breath caught from the impact. But it didn’t stop her from looking at him with as much hatred as she could muster. She didn’t know that angels could hate. But what could explain this feeling? He was nothing but a cruel monster that would kill innocent people.

He pocketed his hands as he looked down at her. Seeing her expression, he said, “Whoo. Someone is angry.” Guffaws were heard from his companion while Chae Won just continued staring at him, seething in silence.

“You killed them,” she spat, her eyes glittered. “You actually killed them! You created the fire!”

He shrugged. Chae Won let out sharp, short breaths. “Why?” she asked hoarsely, feeling the lump on .

“Because I can.”

Her answer to that was her sudden lift from the pavement. She tried to attack him once again. The hatred was too great to pester in silence. She needed to let it out.

“Why?!” she shouted just before she threw her punch. Her fist was caught in the air by his hand. They stared at one another. Her expressive eyes reflected the hatred that she felt for him while his eyes glowed with amusement.

“It seemed as if your little friends forgot or seemed to have purposefully prevented you from knowing the truth,” he smirked. When she continued staring at him in confusion, he continued, “Your feathers are scattered around the axis. Without them, you’re nothing.”

She continued staring at him in fuming silence. He smiled as he slightly tightened his grip on her fist, making her catch her breath. His fingers dig deep on her skin and almost cracking her bone, drawing blood.

“Even if you can find them all which is impossible, do you think I will let you get you away so easily?”

“Why are you doing this?” she asked, her eyes flaming. “Who are you? And why are you-”

“I am the prince of darkness and I will do everything to destroy you.”

Chae Won caught her breath. She didn’t know how she had able to recognize it. She instinctively knew that he was the demon, the favorite of the damned, the demon that every angel feared. But she cannot understand that other feeling of sudden recognition. She didn’t understand the feeling.

 “P-Prince?”

“A little souvenir,” he smirked. Before she could comprehend his meaning, she screamed when his hand burrowed deep in her stomach. She went crashing to the floor as blood oozed from where his hand had been. The hole on her blouse showed the closing of her wound. A tiny movement from the wound didn’t escape her vision. Then, the surroundings darkened.

 

***

 

 (A/N: I know Joongki's cruel. Well, he’s a demon, duh. ;) Anyways, hello to our new subscribers out there! Although I cannot name all of you, I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to read this story. Are you having fun? I hope so. Please do leave some comments for me to read, yah? Unlurk from the shadows, silent readers. You’re my motivation and inspiration here. And thank you for upvoting Minty13!)