Untitled

lips sweeter than mint chocolate ice cream

 

The sound of soles against the cold floor can be heard clearly. The group of 6 walks faster as they heard some announcement regarding their flight, which is 30 minutes apart from departing. Zitao unconsciously start running, followed by Jongdae and gradually all of them.

Wufan then suddenly stop his steps, back turning, eyes searching for that petite figure. After a bit of head tilting he finally found him, eyes fixed on the screen in front of him, unaware of what happened around. Not wasting any minute, Wufan hurriedly swing both of his legs towards Yixing.

Yixing immediately lift his head up as he feels a strong grip on his wrist. Eyes both popped up like a bunny, mouth slightly parted.

“Duizhang?” Yixing asked, confused. Wufan didn’t give any reply to him, and just drag the latter, walking faster with bigger steps.

“Zhang Yixing, how many times I told you not to get lost and to pay attention to things around you? You owe me one-no, two scoops of baskin robbins’ mint chocolate for bringing yourself together again for god knows how much today.” Wufan said, without even looking at the latter, eyes focused on the way in front of him.

“I-I’m sorry. I was wearing my headphones I don’t-“

“And don’t ever, ever use your headphone without checking things around you first.”

Yixing don’t give any feedback this time, head nodding twice just like a boy that just got scolded by his father.

                                                      ***

Wufan lift his head up, eyes meeting with Yixing’s playful one.

“What?”

“Move. I want to sit in the middle.”

“Yi-“

“Three scoops.”

“What?”

“I’ll buy you three scoops of your favorite ice cream.”

“You forgot the flavour, didn’t you.”

“No, I don’t. I just-“

Wufan sighs at Yixing’s blank expression, then he lift his and shifting himself to the seat beside.

“There you go.”

Yixing immediately sit down after putting his backpack at the cabin, eyes observing Wufan curiously.

“What again?” Wufan says, eyes remain closed because he’s not able to get his beauty sleep lately.

“Duizhang, talk with me.”

“Don’t wanna.”

“Well, literally you are talking with me because you’re replying to the things I said.”

“Then shut up.”

Wufan is peeking of his eyelids as he feels that Yixing’s eyes still watching him, with an addition of a pout. And Wufan immediately regrets doing what he’s just doing.

“Talk with Luhan or Zitao, they’re beside you, if you aren’t  aware.”

“I know they’re beside me. But I want to talk with you.”

The taller finally opens his eyes, up adjusting his position so that he can converse with the latter comfortably.

“You win. What is it?”

“Never mind, just sleep a little more. I think I got sleepy watching you close your eyes comfortably like that.” Yixing said, then a yawn escapes his mouth.

“Zhang ing Yixing.” Wufan felt his hands clenching, but Yixing only answered him with a frown.

“I don’t have any middle name, if you don’t know, Duizhang.” Yixing then adjust his seat before held his blanket and close his eyes soundly.

Wufan let out a loud sigh before doing the same thing that Yixing did.

“I won’t wake up if you call me again. You don’t know how miserable my eyes from the lack of sleeping.”

Wufan’s about to drifting to his land of slumber when he felt a soft touch on his cheek. And he does languish because the touch is lingering on his cheek. He plops out his eyes to meet Yixing’s smiley face with some garnish of dimple on his right cheek.

“It’s for one spoon.” Yixing said, doesn’t paid any attention to Wufan’s brows frowning. And before Wufan’s words spits out of his throat, Yixing move forward.

Then Wufan’s head felt light. Because everything happened so fast yet so breathtaking. Because Yixing’s small lips feels so right on him. And because Yixing is smiling against his lips. The taller feel a little of disappointment as Yixing breaks the kiss (it’s more a pout than a kiss, actually).

“That’s for another one. So I’m only left with one spoon.”  Yixing flash him the sweetest smile before saying, “Have a good sleep, Duizhang.”

And Yixing is drifting to his slumber, completely unaware of Wufan’s beats of his heart. Wufan suddenly had this thought on his blonde wrapped head.

Maybe I deserve this more than a mint chocolate ice cream.