DISGUISE

EXO Short Stories

 

Characters:         Park Chanyeol

                                Choi Ji Hyun

                                Kim Chang Soo

***

Eodukeomkeomhan gotongui geuneul wi ibyeorui munteoge naega muchamhi
Neomeojyeodo geumajeodo neol wihaeseoramyeon gamdanghal teni
Uh, daesin nareul julge birok nal moreuneun neoege
Don`t cry, tteugeoun nunmulbodan chadichan useumeul boyeojwo baby

(Baby, don’t cry; EXOK)

I sang with my earphones on as I cleaned the desks of the café. Exo never fails to lighten my day, especially Chanyeol. The happy virus and the wealthy teeth of EXO. . I admire him very much even just from the start.

“Excuse me, miss” I faintly heard someone call between the beats on my ears. I turned my head not knowing what side of the room to look at so I gazed around. There I saw someone waving his hand to catch my attention. He doesn’t look familiar. He wore a cap that tried to hide his curly black hair and have some thick nerdy eyeglasses on covering mostly half of his face. He wore some not-so-good-looking cloths that made me think that he’s not a wealthy man. But I’m 80% sure his on his 20’s. “maybe a new customer” I thought to myself. I’ve been working here for almost a year already and I can already familiarize faces of costumers coming  in and out the café.  I gestured to wait for me for a minute as I hurriedly finished the desk I’m working with and placed the empty dishes in the counter.

“Good morning, Sir! May I take your order?” I said as I stood beside him with my paper and pen. He looked at the menu and pointed a dish.

“Okay sir, would that be all?” I asked him leaning a little closer to write down his order. He suddenly moved away ”Y-yes, t-that’d be a-all” he stuttered as he stiffen in his seat. I stared at him curiously because of his sudden act. “O-okay, Your order will be ready in a minute” I said and made a light bow. ‘What a paranoid man’ I murmured silently as I walked to the kitchen counter to give them the orders.

“Ji Hyun-ah, give this to table 5” Eun yuk, the cook shouted as he reached 3 bowls of ramen out the counter.

“Neh” I happily reached the tray and slowly walked to the tables. Before I could reach my destined table, I heard the three girls chatting.

“Yah! Is that Chang Soo? The nerdy guy?” a girl with a blue shirt said as she points to the table at the right edge of room. ‘Are they referring to the new customer?’ I questioned and turned my head to where she is pointing. Confirmed, they are referring to him.

“what is he doing here?” I heard another girl asked as I placed the bowls on their table. I can’t help myself but to listen more about their talk so I moved a little slow.

“Like we care… he’s a no one anyway!” The third girl said making a halt of the conversation. I felt pity for the boy ,like he’s being bullied or something.

“Ji Hyun-ah! for table 5” Eun Yuk shouted. I hurriedly made a bow to the three girls and grabbed the tray. ‘ table 5’ I muttered as I gazed around the room to look for it. ‘new customer’s table’ I mouth as I approached his table. I saw him reading a book almost as thick as an encyclopedia. ‘Guess he’s really a nerd then’.

“Here’s your food, sir!” I said and sent him a smile but he made no response. With disappointment, I placed his plate in front of him. I really wanted to start a conversation with him after I heard the girls comments about him. And also because he’s a new customer. But, I guess he’s better off as customer. I was about to leave his table when I heard his phone rang.

Tiket deulgeo wannayo (Yo!)
Yeogiro yeogiro jureul seobwayo (Yo!)
Geokjeong marayo yeogi pyeonhi anjayo (Yo!)
Jakku shigyen wae bwayo kkeutkkaji bwayoja

(Let out the Beast; EXOK)

I suddenly felt excited hearing his ringtone. ‘Is he an EXOtic?’ I mentally asked himself and turned around to face him…again. He was shocked by my sudden action so he ended his call.  He stared at me with questioning eyes.

“EXOtic? That was EXO, right?” I asked him with my full face smile as I sat to the extra seat in front of him. I can see that he is fully confused so I asked again. He finally mouthed ‘o’ that made me sure that we’re on the same tract.

“y-yes, I like EXO” he said. It was bells to my ears to meet another EXO stan, especially a boy one.  It was not the first time I met one. So my coworkers know that every time I seat beside a customer, I’m going to talk for ages. So, they took my part of the job.

“Jungmal? I like them too” I squealed as I moved to him closer. Again, he moved away until he can feel his back against the chair. But it didn’t bother me, as long as he talks. It was already like 15 minutes since I started talking to him about EXO and still counting. He gazed at me as I talk wildy about them. This time, I guess his quite comfortable.

“f-from the six of the members of exo-k, w-who do you like most?” he asked as he made a sip in his tea.

“Chanyeol of course, Park Chanyeol” I answered directly. I don’t need to hide anything anyways. His lips formed a smirk when he heard my answer. “really?” he added and I nodded as an answer.

***

            Chang Soo and I became really good friends from then on. He would always visit the café every 3-5 in the afternoon since he said that this is his only extra time of the day. The first few day’s talk was more on Exo but lately, the information we shared became more personal. But Exo information are still dominant.

“I heard EXO will be having a comeback this November?” he said while looking outside the window

“Neh, It was on the news earlier!” I squealed. I was so excited and this time I’ll make sure that I’m in and every concert they are making in Seoul.

“I will triple my update!”  I added. He just sent me a smile.

It was really great having Chang Soo around.  I can feel that I would never be bored every time I’m around him. His face was just too jolly and fun like there is no problem at all. I don’t really know why they call him ‘nerd’ but based on my observations, he’s not. He jokes around and sometimes makes funny faces and would always talk about random things in life.

“I-I have to go, I still have many things to do” he hurriedly finished his cup of coffee and grabbed his things. He made his way out and gave me a wave. I smiled and waved back.

Later that evening…

“I-I like someone and I w-would like to confess my feelings to her this Wednesday” Chanyeol innocently gave the camera a glance. My eyes stared at the screen wide open.

Park Chanyeol of EXO confessed his feelings. In love?

I was startled by what Chanyeol said in the media. He is going to confess to her this Wednesday?. What the… It was like 2 days away. I was really heartbroken. I felt stabs in my heart. It was so painful.

“W-why Chanyeol oppa? Why do you need to tell us that?” I yelled at the TV screen. I wasn’t that selfish not to share Chanyeol but I really hurts that this time, It was Chanyeol’s feelings and that for sure can’t be stopped. Who am I to stop him, I’m a nobody. For sure, he doesn’t even know I exist. I surrendered in defeat as I dropped tears on the floor. I’m just a fan, but fans too get hurt, right?

***

It was already Wednesday, the day of my death. The day of Chanyeol fans death. I’m not on the mood to work so I called my boss for a day off and gladly she approved since I worked double time yesterday to forget all about the Chanyeol thingy, plus Chang Soo’s not around the whole day. Since finals are fast approaching, I decided to study. I looked at my stack of books looking for a Calculus, unfortunately, it’s not here. I remembered that I placed it in my locker at the café.

“Ugh, now I have to go there” I frustratingly mumbled and grabbed my jacket.

“Ji Hyun-ah? I thought you’re in your day off?” Eun Yuk asked as he noticed my presence.

“I am until I realized that my book don’t want to.” I said as I grabbed my book out my locker. “Now that I got it, I’ll be heading out, again. Bye” and waved to him.

I was about to leave the café when I saw Chang Soo on one of the tables. I don’t want to talk to him since his not around yesterday where I felt great need of his presence. So, I ran out like I saw no one.

“Ji Hyun-ah” he shouted but I didn’t stop walking and fastened my pace. But because of his long legs he hurriedly catches up.

“Yah! What’s the problem? Why aren’t you talking to me?” he asked as he grabbed my wrist to stop me from walking.

“I’m not in the mood!” I said and pulled my arm. I ran my way back to my house and I didn’t notice him following behind me. As I was about to lock the doors, he squeezed his way in.

“Yah! What are you doing? I told you I’m not in the mood to talk, okay?” I said as I tried to push him out but I guess he’s far stronger than I am. He grabbed both of my wrists to calm me down but it didn’t work at all.

“What’s your problem?” he suddenly raised his voice. This was the first time I saw him mad and it made me felt weak so I decided to answer him.

“Chanyeol’s going to confess today” I answered looking down the floor in embarrassment. I heard him chuckle. I looked up to reach his eyes, it was unreadable. Moments later he started to remove his jacket. It was still okay for me since he’s still wearing sweater. But then I noticed he is also removing it. I hurriedly covered my eyes. Is he going to me?

“Yah! What are you doing?” I demanded for an answer.” Just look at me” he said.

“What the--- your removing your clothes and you want me to look at you? What a ert!”

I suddenly felt two hands clasp my wrists…again and pulled it away from my eyes “I said look at me!” this time, it sound like a command. But still, I shut my eyes closed.

“If you’re not going to open your eyes in the count of three…I will kiss you”

“One”

“two”

“Okay! Okay!” frustrated, I peeked through my eyelids and saw him still dressed. I was relieved and opened my eyes. He then released his hands from my wrists.

How can you like someone…”he said as he slowly removed his eyeglasses and cap. I eyed him… what?

“…you can’t even recognize” lastly came off is the dirty looking wig.

 I was startled from what I saw… I can’t barely breathe to see who is in front of me. I can only see him on screen but in person, it was unbelievable.

It was Park Chanyeol…

How come I haven’t recognized this angelic being? How come I haven’t noticed his wealthy teeth? And how come I didn’t know all about this? I must have been a shame in front of him. Ugh! I remembered the way I acted in front of him…it was purely embarrassing. I was dumbfounded.

Suddenly, I felt my cheeks being cupped and I saw Chang Soo Chanyeol just inches away from my face. My breathing started to be uneven. The face that I wished is mine is in front of me.

“I love you, Ji hyun” he said. It was music to my ears… the words that I have started a millionth time had returned to me. He sent me his signature smile and I was assured this is all real.  His lips then slowly met mine. I’m in cloud 9.

“I love you too... in disguise or not” 

 

Want some chanyeol moments?