Autumn. {final.}

Autumn. {oneshot.}
autumn. {oneshot.}

 Myungsoo Scenario — I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.

Myungsoo's favorite season was the fall. It happens to be the perfect excuse to wear lots and lots of black, without battling the heat. You equally enjoyed the fall, jumping at the chance to wear all the dark hues you wanted along with your boyfriend. 

But, the fall wasn't just about the clothes. It was also it's beauty, the orange and red and yellow leaves littering the ground created a picturesque scene. And Myungsoo sure did love taking photographs. He happened to be doing just that as he walked hand in hand with you through the park. He would occasionally stop and release your hand, snapping a quick photo before grabbing your hand once more.

"I love Autumn," You stated, watching as Myungsoo snapped a photo of a small pond. "I read a this quote about Autumn once, 'Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile'. William Cullen Bryant."

"I like that."

"Me too."

You looked off into the distance, watching as a few colorful leaves fluttered to the ground, leaving only several left on the tree. You heard the famaliar click of Myungsoo's camera, and you smiled, turning to look at him. He smiled back at you, his dimples making an appearance, and you surrpressed the urge to pinch his cute cheeks.

"Let's get some hot chocolate, oh?" Myungsoo didn't wait for your answer before he took your hand and began to lead you to a nearby cafe, for he knew the answer was going to be a yes.

 

tumblr_inline_mfbs8bQwja1qiv2qh.png

 

You blew on your hot chocolate before taking a drink, but sadly still burnt your tongue. You took a bite of the pastry Myungsoo had ordered for you, hoping the cold icing would ease the slight pain you felt.

Myungsoo slid his camera toward you, pointing at the screen, "Do you like that one?" He asked.

You picked up, examining the photo. It was the one you heard him snap of you earlier, and you had to admit, you looked pretty good. You gave him a nod, and instead of giving him his camera back you started look through the rest of his photos. Most of them were of the landscape, gradually changing as the autumn equinox began.

But you soon got past the photos like that, and the rest of them seemed to be mostly of you. Myungsoo had caught you off-guard in each photo, and some you didn't even remember him taking. There was one of you reading, doing your make-up, brushing your hair. Seeing those photos made your heart swell. You brought the viewfinder to your eye, snapping a quick picture of Myungsoo. 

He snapped his head up, narrowing his eyes at you. "Yah, why'd you do that?" Myungsoo prefered to be the one taking the photos, instead of the one actually in them.

You didn't answer him, just admired the photo you had taken. Myungsoo had his head down, and he was fiddling with the corner of his napkin. His cheeks were slightly pink, and you assumed it was of embarrassment, since he knew you were seeing the large quantity of pictures he had taken of you. Handing the camera over to him, you took a drink of your hot chocolate in attempt to hide your smile.

Myungsoo examined the photo for a few seconds, his cheeks turning a darker shade of red. He set the camera back on the table. "That's a nice photo.." He mumbled.

"That's because it's of you."

 

tumblr_inline_mfbs8bQwja1qiv2qh.png

 

You looked over the box of little pumpkins, looking for the one that was the roundest. Myungsoo watched as you did so, taking a photo of you. But you were too immersed in your current activity to notice, and the  sound from the bustle of people around you was able to drown out the shutter's click.

"Myungsoo oppa," He looked up from his camera upon hearing you call his name, walking over to stand by your side. 

"How many little pumpkins should I get?" You asked him, turning one over in your hand.

Myungsoo shrugged, "As many as you want, jagiya." He looked down the line of boxes, focusing on the one that stood out. He told you he'd be right back, and made his way over to the objects that had caught his eye. 

White pumpkins.

Myungsoo quickly snatched up the unique pumpkin, returning to you. He made his way behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his head on your shoulder. You laughed, and he held you closer to him. "You always smell so good jagiya.." He commented, causing you to laugh once more.

"You do too. Now come on, let's pay for these."

 

tumblr_inline_mfbs8bQwja1qiv2qh.png

 

"You should help me, yeobo."

You looked up at your book to glance at Myungsoo, whom was pouting at you. With the fall season came the responsiblity of raking leaves, and you had left that job to Myungsoo. You set your book down next to you on the wooden porch swing, standing to stretch. Myungsoo stood there looking at you, obviously expecting you to come help him.

You hopped off the porch, skipping the steps entirely. Instead of heading to the garage to get another rake, though, you plopped down on the grass directly next to his pile of leaves.

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo questioned, frowning.

"Collecting leaves." You answered, holding one up to examine. "We should press them. I've never done that."

"How about we do that after we rake the leaves?" Myungsoo suggested. 

"After you rake the leaves."

In the end you helped him rake. After that task was you finished, the two of you had a seat next to the leaves. You rummaged through them, picking out the prettiest ones. You rushed into the house when you were done, and Myungsoo followed in less of a hurry.

You went straight to the kitchen after you found what you were looking for. Myungsoo stood at the counter, pouring hot chocolate mix into two coffee mugs. He raised an eyebrow at you and nodded towards the big book in your hands, "What's that for?"

"To press the leaves," You dropped the book onto the table with a slam. "Duuuh."

Myungsoo laughed, and the sound brought a bright smile to your face. The two of you spent the rest of the afternoon pressing leaves, going through all the hot chocolate packets, and watching horror movies, the latter being something Myungsoo was quite reluctant to do.

October was by far the best month.

Autumn was by far the best season.

Kim Myungsoo was by far the best person to spend them with.

"Autumn carries more gold in it's pocket than all the other seasons." Jim Bishop.

author's note

i was hoping to get this done yesterday but i didn't sob so here it is now ;u; waaah i'm happy with thiiissss~~

 

credits - contradictori