My Angel

Angel brought by the rain

He bids his goodbye to his friends. It’s already getting late and they are all exhausted in the after school practice.

He wanted to go to the University, but he wasn’t the brightest. 

Therefore, instead he wanted to impress them with his dance skills and created a dance troop to show his talent.

Dancing is his passion. It is he’s emotional outlet.

He is happy hearing cheers from the crowd. In stage he could be proud of himself.

He knows he is great and other people appreciate his talent.

Hearing praise from people even from those he barely knew makes his heart feel so alive.

He sighed as he makes heavy steps towards his home…

He stops for a short while as loud voice welcomed him as he entered the house.

This is not an unusual occurrence, his parent would always argue about financial issues…

Their family is not that well off, he would often asked himself what it would have been like if he came from a rich family.

There are times that he wanted to quit school and just work to help out maybe…

 just maybe his father might become proud of him…

and soon he might recognize his worth.

he remember their trip to  Myeongdong for a holiday with his Noona last weekend

A guy came to them and recommended that he audition for SM Entertainment's Starlight Casting System.

That time he didn’t take it too seriously but now the thought of debuting and being successful is very tempting.

 

“Jungsoo-ya, why did you came too late?” Inyoung asked as she pulled him to the side before their parents could see him.

 

“Mianhe Noona we had some practice after class I got lost in tract of time.”

 

“Aisst this kid you know how appa don’t approve of you dancing.” His sister hissed.

 

Jungsoo felt hurt hearing that. Of course he knew their father won’t support him.

He never does…

His relationship with his father is not that great.

Ever since his elementary years when ever their parent would have an argument he would end up getting hit too.

He had dislike his father ever since. He had always been afraid of him.

 

“I want to do the audition Noona.”

 

“Are you out of your mind?”

 

“I want to debut and be successful quickly.”

 

“That won’t be that easy…”

 

“I know.”

 

“You’re finally home.” A voice from behind interrupt their conversation.

 

“Annyeonghaseo abeoji.” Jungsoo greets.

 

“Did you went out again with those friends of yours? I told to you went straight at home and study

How do you expect to enter a university if you take everything too easy?” his father scolds.

 

“I’m not playing around!”

 

“And what do you want me to call it?”

 

“This is my dream.”

 

“Your dream? What kind of dream is that? Do you think your dancing could feed you?”

 

Jungsoo bit his lower lips. He’s already used to his disapproving but he still feels hurt.

 

“Mianhamnida, No matter what you say I would still do what I want.” He utter in a low but clear voice.

 

“Jungsoo stop it Appa is not in the mood they just got into an argument with umma”

 

“It is always been hard to talk to them. They never try to understand us.”

 

“This kid! Do you think you could handle yourself on your own now?” His father asked in an angry tone.

 

“Appa, stop it already!” Inyoung shouts as his father starts hitting her brother.

 

Jungsoo just accepts all the beating. He could feel the pain but somehow he already felt numb.

Their mother went to them and helps block the strike as Inyoung pulled Jungsoo away.

 

 “Jungsoo-ya, go out first I’ll just call you once dad have fallen asleep.” His sister suggested.

 

Disoriented Jungsoo walks around their neighborhood. He doesn’t have anywhere to go.

He suddenly felt something cold touch his arms.

He looks up and saw tiny raindrops falling from above.

He lets out a bitter smile, his grandmother told him that he was born during rainy day and

That an angel is sent down from heaven making the sky cry.

He found himself inside their community church.

It was empty lights are barely . He went to a bench and lay down.

Jungsoo got awaken by the sound of piano playing.

He adjusted his eyes in the darkness and search for the music.

In a dark corner he saw a girl playing piano.

She is a wearing white dress and her black wavy hair covering major parts of her face.

He notices something glitter in her cheeks and when she turned slightly in his direction he confirmed that she’s crying.

For others it might have been a scary experience a crying girl in white playing piano in a dark deserted place

But instead of feeling afraid he felt entice by the view.

The girl for him looks like an angel sent by the rain.

She’s feeling the same pain he did and he wants to stop those tears.

But somehow he can’t seem to move towards her.

He heard another sound mixed with the music.

He saw her turned to his direction and like an idiot he takes cover.

He reached for his mobile and answered his sister call.

 

“You could go home now.” She said then hangs up.

 

Jungsoo sighs and looks up to check on the girl but there’s no trace of her anymore.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Jungsoo straggle in his life as a trainee. It had been hard to get a proper opportunity.

He had been a trainee for almost 6 years now but still he hasn’t debut.

What’s worst is he’s now turning 23 years old.

It’s rare for an Idol to debut and make it this late.

It’s not like there’s no opportunity. He had been cast with several groups already

but every time an opportunity comes for him to debut something happens and takes away his chance.

Just like his group ‘Smile’, which was supposed to be the matched to DBSK were about to debut.

But timing is not on their side… South Korea makes it to the World cup Semifinals.

The soccer passion is so hot that time that their management figures they won’t be able to gain attention even if they debut.

He and his friend Donghae stayed with SM entertainment but the other three members couldn’t stand it and left the group.

Honestly he is now thinking of doing the same.

He’s neither the best dancer nor a great singer…

He’s like a jack of all trade master of none.

This makes him worried… he should at least be good at one thing to shine among others.

And with his age… how would he even compete with those guys.

His idol dream is slowly drifting from his hands and his time is running out.

 

 

Jung soo glance at the door for the nth time.

He kept on rubbing his hands. Anticipation and fear is building in his chest.

He kept on thinking is this is the right thing to do.

 

 

‘I could make you debut’

 

Jung soo shook his head.

His Dreams against his principle…

He looks at the clock, took a deep breath and stands.

 

I can’t do it…

 

He walks out of the room. He needs to get out of here before they come.

He finds himself standing inside a small open field of white flowers.

As much as he wants to appreciate the scenery given his situation now is not the best time.

He lets out a bitter smile.

How come time is always against him…

He was about to run when he got a glimpse of her.

A pretty girl with a simple white dress, soft wind blowing her black hair and a contented smile on her lips.

She had a cute dimple on her right cheek.

 

“An angel”

 

 

For a while he had forgotten his predicament; as if his hopes have been renewed.

He just stand there and stared at her as he did few years ago.

 

 

“Jung soo-ssi”

 

 

He heard someone called his name. Like someone being awaken from a beautiful dream he reluctantly looks back.

 

!

 

 

“Good that you’re here. I though you change your mind.” Said the Old man.

 

“I…”

 

“Gomapseumnida, Please take care of her. She needs this more than you do.”

 

Jeong su didn’t know what to say.

 

He was about to open his mouth when the old man called someone behind him.

 

“Sora-ssi”

 

He looks back and saw the angel slowly walking towards them.

He could feel the heat in his face as his eyes grew a little wider.

 

“Annyeonghaseyeo, chonum Kang sora imnida” the angel spoke in a sweet shy voice.

 

“Are you my wife?”

 

“Neh.” She answered with her head down.

 

Jeong si felt the urge to lift head but holds himself. As much as he wants her look at him he knows how she felt.