Refreshing Change

Everything Has Changed

ITALICIZED TEXT is LUHAN'S POV.

 

My alarm rang but I was wide awake. This is the first time in my two years living in this dorm that I woke up ahead of my alarm. The usual scenario is that the hyungs would drag me out of my bed to get me to practice but what happened yestarday changed me.

 

I have been feeling weird ever since I met the new trainee from China yesterday. He was introduced to us and we learned that although he looks like a kid, he was much older than the rest of us. He made a cute bow at us and the manager dragged him out to show him the rest of the building and to meet the president. I kept on losing my focus after meeting him and the hyungs scolded me for not paying attention.

 

I lay in bed and realized that all I've seen in the back of my mind since 18 hours ago is his doe eyes and gentle smile and somehow those images made me feel alright.

 

It gives me the feeling that I want to know him better. All he did was give me (and the rest of my hyungs) a sweet "hello" with eyes looking like it has found a home and said his name in the most angelic voice. It gave me butterflies in my stomach. Just from that, my everything has changed. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was anxious as I stepped inside the building. I've passed by this place hundreds of times whenever I walk with my friends to school. I've been living in Korea for the past two years as an exchange student and before going back to China I was scouted by one of the managers. I talked to my parents about it; It has always been my dream to be a star and they know it. They didn't think twice when I told them I was staying.

 

As I walked through the corridors with the manager, I reminded myself that I need to keep my guard up. I'm good at making friends but I've heard stories about the older trainess giving the new ones a hard time that's why I've decided to build a wall to protect myself.

 

We went up to the 4th floor and stopped by a double door room. The manager told me this was the main dance room where all the trainees practice. He held the door open for me and ushered me to go in.

 

That was when I saw everyone. Him, to be exact.  As soon as I enetered, he was the first person that came into view and just from that, the wall that I built came crashing down and I felt like his presence was invading me. It sounds creepy but it felt like everything that's happening was the right thing.

 

And that I want to know him better. The manager introduced me and I made a quick bow. He told me all of the trainees names but I was too focused on the boy who was staring right back at me that I didn't catch all of their names. Next thing I knew, the manager was dragging me out of the room.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I tried my best to focus at practice today and it was obvious I was struggling. The hyungs asked me what was wrong but I told them I just didn't get enough sleep last night. It was partly true, it was because of Trainee-hyung. Kai-ssi who knows me too well knew I was lying. But how could I possibly tell them the truth? 

 

I can't just open up to them and tell them I'm kind of missing Trainee-hyung who I just met yesterday. That I want to see him again to make sure that all these butterflies in my stomach are real. Heck, I can't even remeber his name. Lu? Lu was the only thing I heard when manager-nim introduced him.

 

My day went by with sermons from the hyungs and I was glad when practice finally ended. I went straight to our dorm, skipping dinner with everyone else. I didn't want to hear anymore lectures from Joonmyun hyung. I went to take a shower and prepared a cup of ramen to eat. I was happily slurping my noodles when someone knocked on my door. Asking who it was, I heard the manager's voice and quickly opened up.

 

"Hyung, what can I do for you?" I asked.

"Sehun, you don't have any room mates right now, right?"

"No hyung--"

"Good. Lu Han will be rooming with you."

"Wait, who?"

 

Before he can even answer, Trainee-hyung appeared right in front of me.

 

"You were there when I introduced him yesterday, right? Not paying attention again, I see." Manager-nim said as he carried a big suitcase inside my room.

 

Lu Han and I just stared at each other.

 

"Well, I hope you'll get to know each other better." Manager-nim said before he left.

 

We definitely will. I saw Luhan hyung smile and that's when I felt a new found brightness and we were both sure that after yesterday, everything, indeed, has changed.