Moving Day

Leaving on a One-Way Trip

I look behind me, taking one last look at the small room that I had lived in for most of my life. Now I'm going to have to leave it for who knows how long. It's been nearly three years since I knew this day would come, and I still feel majorly unadjusted to the gigantic step I'm taking with my life. I mean, moving to China is no small deal. I had to learn Mandarin, work out all of the arrangements for living there; getting a school, uniform, apartment, you name it, I probably had to do it. And of course next to no help from my soon to be roommate/best friend. Speaking of which..

"DAMMIT AHRI. GET YOUR DOWN HERE OR WE'RE GOING TO MISS OUR PLANE!!!"  EunJoo's voice pierces my ear like a banshee, she's only downstairs, yet I wonder if our future neighbours in China can hear her.

"JUST SHUT UP A MINUTE!" I yell back, secretly I'm smiling, I've known her for so long that I know she's smiling too. This is our way of telling each other that we have to leave everything we've known behind and head off to the airport to a foreign country. Honestly, I'm scared out of my mind, but I compose my self, gather my things and head downstairs.

"Took you long enough, what were you doing up there? Freakin' meditating?" My sister's booming voice greets me on the way down. I can detect a tinge of sadness in her voice and I know this is her way of saying goodbye.

"Boo, it's my last day in the country and that's the last thing you say to me?" I smile at her, even though she's eight years older than me, we're closer than if we were twins. My parents are standing beside her, even they look sad. I'm the baby and I've never been more than an hour away from them(jeez, how lame am I? :P). I give them a look like "don't worry, I'm not that dependant on you guys! But seriously, please don't forget to send me money." Then lastly my brother, Minho, is standing stoicly by the door, we've never been too close, but I really do love him. We used to be so close, but after we moved here, he became way too distant for my liking. It's been hell trying to fix my relationship with him, but I swear every day I'm gone, I'm going to call him, or I'll force him to call me.

"Guess it's time to say bye.." I say almost disappointedly, I give ever one of them a huge hug and before I get in the car, I look behind me one more time to wave. "BYEEE!!!!!" Yelling and wiping tears away, I hop into the car and pull out of our driveway.

"You okay?" EunJoo asks me, with real concern in her eyes.

"I'm going to have to be, because I really don't trust your driving" I laugh lightly and wipe away some more tears, leaving my face slightly wet. She throws me an glare and returns her eyes to the road.

"Just be grateful you can reach the gas pedal, shortie"

"YAH!! Just because you barely gave your family a goodbye doesn't mean I'm going to!" I yell at her, I may be...height-challenged...but my voice can definitely make up for it.

"Oh my god, AhRi, we've barely even left your driveway and we're already screaming at each other!" She laughs like a maniac and clutches her stomach. I'm laughing my off, then I remember I'm the one driving so...not the best idea.

"Plug in my phone! Even though we're going to China, there is no way I'm letting go of my Kpop music fangirling!" She willingly obliges and all the way to the airport, we're screaming at the top of our lungs all of my Kpop music. "If I don't find at least one SNSD fangirl, this trip will have been for nothing."

"Oh come on, that's not why we're going in the first place!" EunJoo pouts, looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Yeah yeah, we're going here to be manhua authors and start again. Sure, that's good and all, but you know me, music comes first!" I mess up her hair and laugh as she hits my arm. Jokingly, I swerve a little and watch her cringe in her seat, and start apologizing like crazy. This goes on for the majority of the way to the airport. And before I know it, I'm on the plane heading for Beijing, the capital of China.

Hey readers! This is my first fanfic, and if you honestly like it, or wanna see some kind of situation or character in the future, let me know and I'll see if I can do it. I'm probably going to be updating every weekend, or nearly every weekend, so please subscribe and wait! Thanks!