OO6

Dreamcatcher: Maybe No More Nightmare

I will love you and love you and love you,
Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you,
I will please you for all times.
I don't wanna lose you and lose you and lose you,
Cause I need you I need you I need you,
So I want you to be my la —


" Urgh. " a groan escaped from Sooyoung's lips as she dismiss the alarm that she set on her phone. Yeah, people usually set a loud music for their alarm ringtone but Sooyoung is different. She set a soft ballad, slow-paced music as her alarm ringtone and she also doesn't know why. She stretched her body for a while before entered the bathroom.

Sooyoung get out from the bathroom while wore a long sleeve blue shirt and white denim jeans. She ruffled her hair with the towel to dry it since she doesn't have a hair dryer. She stopped in front of her closet and took out her sports clothes and put it in her bag.

" What are we going to do today? Perhaps, a sport game? " she thought and scratched her head slowly. She walked towards her desk and grabbed a comb and a hair tie to prepare herself. She tied her hair into a ponytail before leave the room. At the living room, she greeted her father and make herself a breakfast.

" Oh, it's still 8 in the morning and you want to go to the university
? " her father asked with his eyes focused on the newspaper that he read.

" Nae, I need to do something. " she replied after make herself a sandwich. She want to find her book at the garden today, that's the reason why she want to go to the university early.

" I'll be home late today because of a sport activity. Annyeong! " she bid her goodbye to her father before quickly rushed out from the house.

" Where's Sooyoung? " her omma asked as her eyes wandered around the living room. A yawn escaped from because she is still sleepy and she want to sleep again but she know that her husband will scold her.

" She went to the university already. " her father replied and folded the newspaper neatly and place it on the table. Her mother makes a face before make her way towards the bathroom.


 



" Aish, I can't believe that I lost the book. Darn it, darn it, darn it! " she said and stomped her feet on the ground. She walked back and forth, try to calm her heart but then the bell ring. She walked to her class with a heavy steps and unfortunately she have Science class as her first subject today. She walked to her locker to take her Science book and after that she saw a familiar book inside her locker. She took the book and there's a sticky note stick on the book.

" Don't be clumsy next time. " she read the five words softly, almost whispering. She can't stop herself from smiling as she closed her locker. She didn't know that someone is eyeing her from the classroom.

" She's smiling. I should thank the girl for telling me the location of her locker. " Kai said as he eyeing her until she entered the lecture hall. He also have Science as his first subject today. She sat in the row in front of him. And then he felt someone tapped his left shoulder.

" You have science class too? " Kai asked with a shock expression. Baekhyun nodded his head and put his book on the table. Kai's intention to peek at her quickly disappeared because he afraid Baekhyun will caught him. Baekhyun just gave him a wide smile — not knowing anything before the lecturer came in.


 




Time flies so fast today and it's already 2 in the evening. The students already gathered at the field with their sports clothes after heard the announcement. Jessica and Sooyoung walked slowly towards the field with a bottle of mineral water in their grip. Sooyoung wore a white short sleeve t-shirt and a gray sweater hugged her waist with gray colored sweatpants while Jessica wore a pink sweatpants with sweater. 

" What are we gonna do today? " Jessica asked while hugged herself. Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders and wandered around the field, searching for her junior. Today activity somehow related with the junior-senior event. Then she spotted him with his group — not to far away from her place.

" Ehem, so everyone is here? " Ms. Hwang asked and they answered in unison. Their voice echoed throughout the field. 

" Without wasting the time, I'll tell you about today activity. But before that, please stay with your partner that we already assigned for the senior-junior event. I'll give you 5 minutes. " she said and the people began to scatter around the field to find their junior or their senior.

" Hello, Sica. " Tao spoke without formality as he approached Jessica slowly. Jessica gave him a look and keep a safe distant between them as he keep leaning closer with her. Sooyoung just make a 'tch' sound at Tao's action. 

" Oh, you're here. " she said as she saw Kai standing beside her. She gave him a smile while Kai just scratched at the back of his neck and replied with an awkward smile. 

" You can do better than that, Kai! " he whispered to himself, totally not satisfied with his own actions.

" Okay, today we will play a handball game. This is the instructions for the game, I will read it so please listen carefully. The senior must protect the junior from getting hit with a ball. If the junior get hit with a ball, that couple is out. " she read the instructions clearly. 

" What if the senior is a girl? " one of the students asked.

" She must protect the man, isn't it interesting? Hahahaha. " she replied followed with a small laughter. The students also laughed as they tried to imagine it. 

" If there's only one couple left in each group, the senior are invisible so what they need to do is to protect the junior. If you caught the ball, whether you're the junior or the senior, you can attack the other team. Understand? " she continued and the students nodded their heads. 

" If that so, please stand in a line. We will divide the students into two groups — Group 1 and Group 2. Shout your number continuously and loudly. There's no 3,4,5,6 okay? Only 1 and 2. " Ms. Hwang instructed as she blew the whistle. 

" 1! "
" 2! "
" 1! "
" 2! " 

" Hana! (1) " Jessica shouted alone while Tao just played with his phone. She blew the fringe of her hair in frustration.

" Dul! (2) " Sooyoung and Kai shouted their number. Kai felt so excited and at the same time he worried about her since she need to protect him. He really want to fake his age so he can protect her but he know he can't. He stole a glance at her who is smiling from ear to ear.

" Number 1, please take three steps forward and please choose a leader from each group to play rock, paper, scissors. This game will decide on which group will attack first. " Ms. Hwang said and both groups began to choose a leader. 

The leader of group 1 is Park Jungsoo while for group 2 is Shim Changmin. They played rock, paper, scissors — the best two of three rounds. Unfortunately, group 1 get to attack first. 

" Please don't step out of the line. So, if there is no any problems or questions, you may start now! " Ms. Hwang and she blew the whistle. 

" Please stay behind me. " Sooyoung said to Kai, reassuring him that she can protect him. Kai awkwardly stood behind her, not knowing what to do. 

" You can hold my sweater's sleeve. " she said again and at the same time avoid herself from getting hit with the ball. Kai's hands slowly make his way to her sweater's sleeve. A fade pink color already appeared on Kai's cheeks because of their closeness. 

" Gikwang and Heesun out! " the person in charge shouted and slowly there's only a few couples left in both team.

" Ack! " Jessica yelled in pain when the fast ball that was thrown by Sehun hit her head. She fell on the ground and still touching her head.

" I think it's bleeding. " Jessica said again and rubbed his head to ease the pain. 

" It's not your head that is bleeding. It's your hand become blistered, idiot. " Tao said and squatted down to equalize their height. Jessica frown and try to stand up without hurting her hand. Tao just walked away, did not think to help her. 

" Jessica and Tao out! " the person in charge shouted again. Jessica and Tao walked out from the box and the Mr. Han quickly ran towards them.

" What happened? " he asked in concern. 

" My hand blistered, that's all. " Jessica replied and try to endure the pain. 

" Tao, can you please bring her to the infirmary? We didn't expect this would happen so we didn't bring the first aid kit. " Mr. Han said and leave Tao dumbfounded. Tao want to refuse but Jessica already grabbed her arm and leave the field. Jessica let go her grasp when they are away from the crowds. 

" I can go to the infirmary alone. You can leave now. " she said and walked away. Tao was about to follow her but then he stopped himself. He shook his head and walked towards the opposite direction.

" I hope Jessica is fine. " Sooyoung said. There's only one couple left in Group 1 that is Seohyun and Yonghwa while there are two couples left in Group 2. Sooyoung caught the ball that was thrown by Yonghwa and try to aim at Seohyun's leg but she missed the target. Seohyun grabbed the ball and throw it to the another couple.

" Myungsoo and Minyoung out! " the so call referee shouted. Kai began to feel worried she need to defense him plus she will get hit with the ball more. 

" Be careful. " he whispered to her ear, almost inaudible for her to hear it. Then, Sooyoung nodded her head and mouth a 'thank you' for him. 
Sooyoung tried her best to dodge the ball with her legs and her hands — she doesn't know why but she felt very enthusiastic today. But her opponent is not that easy because Yonghwa in one of the university athletes.

W
hile avoiding from getting hit by the ball, Sooyoung slipped and fell to the ground and at the same time Yonghwa already threw the ball towards Sooyoung direction. Kai saw the ball hurtling towards her and immediately rushed to her and get hit by the ball instead of her. A loud thud can be heard and the ball bounce back out of the line. Sooyoung who saw the situation in front of her quickly stood up and brushed off the dirt on her pant.

" Are you okay? " Kai asked her as he tried to stand up. Sooyoung gave him a weird look and he started to feel uncomfortable.

" I am the one who should ask you that question. Are you okay? It must be hurt. " she said and start to feel sorry to him he just give her a reassuring smile. But that smile only last for a while as it slowly vanished and being replaced with a frown. 

" You're ble-bleeding. " he stuttered as he saw the blood flow from the elbow to the wrist. 

" Ah, it just a small cut. I should wear a long sleeve t-shirt next time. " she said with a laughter trailed behind.

" The winner of the handball game is Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun. Congratulations! " Ms. Hwang said and a few people cheered. 

" For the students who got injured, we already called the staffs from the infirmary to give you a treatment so can go to the tent. " Ms. Hwang said. On her way to the tent, Sooyoung's phone vibrated. She took out the phone and she got one message from Jessica.


     From: Sicachu
     To: Summer

I'm at the infirmary now. You can come here when you're done ^^


     From: Summer
     To: Sicachu

Eo, araseo.


" So her English name is Summer? " Kai thought as he peek at her phone. It's advantageous for him since he's taller than her. She turned her face to face him and Kai acted like he is playing with his phone. 

" Kai, I need to go n — " she didn't get to finish her sentence when Kai grabbed her wrist and walked towards the tent. Sooyoung try release her hand from his grip but he tighten his grip on her wrist. He sat her down on a chair and quickly walked towards one of the staff. 

" Can I have a plaster and a wet tissue? " he asked politely and the staff hand him the things that he requested. He took a sit in front of her and grabbed her hand to treat her wound. He wiped the blood carefully and put the plaster to cover her wound. Sooyoung just sat on the chair like a statue. 

" Done, you can go now. " he said and rubbed his sweaty hands on his pants. Sooyoung pulled her hand and bowed at him as her as a gesture of thanks before she walked away. 

" Aish, wake up Sooyoung!" Sooyoung said and slapped her cheek and make her way to the infirmary.

" Oh Kai, you're here. Let's go home! " Suho said with the others followed him from behind. Kai nodded his head and make an eye contact with Sehun. He wriggled his eyebrows and with a smirk plastered on his face. 

" You're so brave today? Does it hurt? " Sehun but he received a smack on the head because of that.

" Shut up will you? " Kai said and gave him a death glare while Sehun just stick out his tongue and ran away from him. Kai smiled when recalls what happened on this day.

A new reminiscence already created in his memory.