I wanna be the only thing you see

Zhou Mi - I wanna be the rain
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"It's not enough to be the one who holds you. It's not enough to be the one you're close to.

I want to be so much more, the love that you're living for. The air you breathe."



You have been friends with Zhou Mi for a long time and whenever you have gone through a hardship, he has always been there. You had met him when you were having a bad day and to make it worse, it was raining and you didn't have an umbrella. You were standing at the bus stop, shivering and holding your thin sweater close to you for warmth, occasionally looking down the street for any signs of the bus.


Suddenly, you felt the rain stop and looked up to see a black umbrella over your head. Feeling confused, you looked to your left and saw a tall, handsome man looking at you, his eyes glimmering with concern.


"You're shivering," he said in a worried tone.


He had you hold the umbrella and he started to get wet from the rain as he quickly took off his black trench coat. Before you could protest, he had already slipped his coat around your shoulders and put your arms through the sleeves. He fastened the buttons and took back the umbrella, making sure it was still over your head, and told you to put your hands in the pockets.


"That coat is nice and warm, so you shouldn't feel cold much longer," he said with a bright smile, then stared off into space for a second before turning his attention back towards you.


"My name's Zhou Mi, by the way," he said, that bright smile on his face again.


You could only stare at how strange Zhou Mi was, but a smile appeared on your face too as you felt the warmth spreading through your body. You warmed up even more at his sweet gesture because he didn't have to give up his coat, but he did.


You told him your name and you remember that he repeated it under his breath while looking right into your eyes, that bright smile never leaving his face. That bright smile that seemed to make the cloudy sky shine.



"I wanna be the rain that falls on you; washes away the pain.

I wanna be the sun that shines on you; warms your world each day.

I wanna be the sky that holds the stars for you; so you never lose your way.

I wanna be the wind that kisses your face."
 


You were sitting at your favorite cafe and looking out the window, at the rain drops falling outside. You smiled when you remembered that first say Zhou Mi came into your life. Since then, you two started seeing each other at the bus stop and started having small talks which turned into full conversations. You would tell each other about your days, whether good or bad, you would listen to each other with undivided attention.


"Spacing out again?" asked a male voice, you looked up and smiled when you saw Zhou Mi sitting next to you with an amused look.


"I learned it from you," you replied and playfully stuck out your tongue at him, he chuckled and lightly pinched your cheek, making you pout.


"Aw, don't do that. You know what that face does to me," cooed Zhou Mi as he took your face between his hands and made kissy faces at you.


You started laughing and pulled his hands away, he laughed too then let out a content sigh as he brushed some hair out of your face.


"You're so cute,"

Please log in to read the full chapter