Chapter 8

Prince and the Beast

 

When you woke up, you noticed that you were in the infirmary. You painfully gripped your stomach as you sat up. ‘Did I passed out?’ You tiredly rubbed your head and notice something was wrong.

“Huh?” You ran your hand through your hair.

“It was already cut by the time I found you.” Someone moved the curtain aside, revealing a guy that you recognized as Son Dongwoon.

You looked up at him, “Why were you in the girl’s bathroom?”

“I just happen to pass by when I heard someone scream from the girl’s bathroom.” Dongwoon sat down besides you.

“You brought me here?” You groaned.

“Yep.” Dongwoon nodded.

“Sorry if I was too heavy.” You played with your short, uneven hair that was just cut.

Dongwoon chuckled, “Don’t worry, you weren’t that heavy. Besides, a man should be strong enough to carry their women, no matter the size.”

“Heh.” You slightly smiled.

“You should smile more, you look prettier when you smile. Another thing, you should go get your hair fixed, whoever cut it has no sense of taste.” Dongwoon commented.

“Maybe that was the point.” You mumbled.

“Was there a reason why you left it long, seeing as you keep touching your hair.” Dongwoon asked.

You paused for a moment, “ A friend of mine told me to never cut it, he said he liked it long.”

“You’re boyfriend or a guy you like?” Dongwoon asked.

“No, he’s a friend…my only friend in fact.” You softly smiled as you looked down.

“~~~~!” The door burst opened.

“Kikwang?” You looked up at the panting Kikwang.

Kikwang rushed to your side, “What happened?! Are you okay?!”

“Hey, calm down.” Dongwoon got up.

“Were you the one who did this?!” Kikwang grabbed onto the collar of Dongwoon’s school uniform.

“Kikwang st- ugh.” You grimaced as you grabbed your sides.

“~~~~, are you okay? Where does it hurt?” Kikwang let Dongwoon go and rushed to you.

“Everywhere, where else? Stop screaming, you’re giving me a headache.” You covered your eyes with the back of your head.

Kikwang looked away, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I’m sorry, Dongwoon, for what Kikwang did.” You apologized to Dongwoon, “Dongwoon was the one who brought me here.”

“I’m sorry and thank you for bringing ~~~~ here.” Kikwang bowed to Dongwoon.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” Dongwoon shook his head, “I’ll see you whenever ~~~~.”

“Bye, Dongwoon.” You slightly bowed.

“That friend must really like you.” Dongwoon said as he left the infirmary.

Kikwang looked at you, “What friend?”

“No one.” You shook your head.

“Well, if you say so. Do you know who did this to you?” Kikwang asked as he gently touched your cheek, making you flinch.

“I didn’t know I got cut here.” You touched the bandage on your cheek.

“~~~~, I’m not kidding here.” Kikwang gawked at you.

You rolled up your sleeves, revealing bruises and scratches, “I’m being serious too. Just where else an I hurt at?”

“~~~~!” Kikwang rubbed his forehead.

You let out a sigh, “It’s fine so leave it alone.”

“How can you tell me to leave it alone when you look like this?” Kikwang reached up to your hair.

“It’ll heal.” You shrugged.

“~~~~.” Kikwang pulled you into his arms, “I hate seeing you in pain.”

“It’s fine, I’ll be good in no time. Why don’t you go with me to get my hair fixed when I’m better?” You patted his back.

Kikwang’s eyes watered as he caressed your cheek, “Okay.”

“Don’t cry.” You chuckled as you wiped away Kikwang’s tears.

“If anything like this ever happens again, please tell me.” Kikwang grabbed your hands as he pressed his forehead onto yours.

You were surprised by Kikwang’s sudden action but thought no more of it, “Okay.”

==========

“She woke up a while ago…No, her friend came…He is looking into it right now as to who did it…Hyung? You rescued her so why didn’t you stay to see her wake up?” Dongwoon asked through the phone.

Seeing that he wouldn’t get a reply, Dongwoon sighed, “Hyung, ~~~~ is a good person. Just don’t do anything you’ll regret.”

Dongwoon put his phone back into his pocket, “What is he thinking?”

“Oops sorry.” Yoseob apologized as he ran into Dongwoon.

“It’s my fault too since I wasn’t watching where I was going.” Dongwoon bowed his head.

“Yoseob, how’s ~~~~!” Doojoon ran over to where Yoseob was, “Eh? You’re Dongwoon, right?”

“Yes and ~~~~ is fine but she might be in pain.” Dongwoon said before he walked down the hallway.

“Doojoon?” Yoseob looked over to Doojoon who was staring at Dongwoon.

Doojoon shook his head, “It’s nothing, let’s go see ~~~~.”

“Hey.” You smiled as Yoseob and Doojoon came into the room, “Came to get him?”

Doojoon and Yoseob looked at the Kikwang that was clinging onto you. Doojoon shook his head as Yoseob laughed.

“He really loves her alright.” Yoseob whispered the Doojoon.

“Kikwang, you shouldn’t be holding onto ~~~~ that much, she might be in pain.” Doojoon chuckled.

“Hey! You boys better go back to class, you’re disturbing ~~~~. ~~~~, do you want to go to the hospital?” The school nurse asked you as she came back into the infirmary after leaving to the director’s office to report what happened to you.

“No, I think I’m able to go back to class.” You said.

“No you’re not, you’re going home.” Kikwang ordered.

The nurse sighed, “Maybe it’s better if you go home then. Kikwang, I hope I can ask you to take ~~~~ home and make sure she stays in bed?”

“Of course, I’ll make sure ~~~~ rest.” Kikwang nodded.

“Really?” You groaned.

“Wait as I write you guys a note for your teachers.” The nurse went to her table.

You glared at Kikwang, “You seem happy.”

“No really.” Kikwang shrugged as he walked over to Doojoon and Yoseob.

Doojoon handed Kikwang’s school bag back to him. With Kikwang no longer at your side, Yoseob hurried over to you. Yoseob gently hugged you and continually asked if you were okay.

“Hey, you may leave early with ~~~~ but don’t do anything that may hurt her even more.” Doojoon nudged Kikwang.

Kikwang blushed, “I won’t do that kind of stuff with ~~~~…n-not that I don’t want to but…I-I mean not yet.”

“Whoa, I don’t know what you’re thinking but I was just telling you to take care of her and not let her do anything that can cause her more pain. “ Doojoon gave Kikwang a look.

“Kikwang, are you ready to go?” You asked.

“H-huh? Yeah.” Kikwang nodded.

“What were you guys talking about? You’re as red as a tomato.” You laughed.