Chapter 6

Prince and the Beast

 

Minju took you to your parent’s home that was like a mansion bit a bit smaller, however, it feels nothing like a home. You let out a breath as Minju stopped in front of your parents house.

“It’ll be fine, miss ~~~~.” Minju said as he opened the door for you even though you were going to do it yourself.

“I already told you I don’t care about seeing my family.” You mumbled.

“Yes, yes, you told me that just twenty minutes ago.” Minju chuckled.

You made a face as Minju led you into the house. It’s been a long time since you last been here, before you moved or was forced to move out.

“Minju, where were yo-“ Your older sister, Miyeon came down the stair but stopped as soon as she saw you.

“Sorry, your mother told me to go pick up ~~~~. It’s been a while since you last saw ~~~~, right? Why don’t you take ~~~~ to the living room while I go get your mother?” Minju slightly pushed you forward with a smile.

The two of you looked at each other then to Minju who went up the stairs. You awkwardly stared at the floor. You could tell that Miyeon was feeling just as uncomfortable as you.

“Uh…hey.” You looked up at Miyeon.

“Hey.” Miyeon took a quick glance before walking pass you, “The living room is over here.”

You looked around the place as you followed Miyeon to the living room. Although the silence between the two of you was very uncomfortable, you didn’t know what to say to Miyeon at all.

“Mom should be down in a bit.” Miyeon said as you sat down on one of the small couch.

You were going to ask why your parents wanted to see you but Miyeon had already left the living room.

“Would you like something to drink, miss?” A maid approached you.

“Can I just get a cup of water?” You asked.

“Yes, I’ll be back.” The maid bowed before leaving.

You knew right away that the maid didn’t know who you were but you saw it coming anyway. It was your older sister that your parents showed off while you were never mention. Only a few workers for your family knew who you are.

“~~~~?” A lady in her mid forties came and sat down on the couch across from you.

You almost didn’t recognize the women for a moment, “Hello.”

“Did living alone made you forget your manners?” The women crossed her arms.

“Hello, mother.” You slightly rolled your eyes.

The maid came back to the room to give you your glass of water. It was obvious that she was very confused at the tension between you and your mother since she didn’t know about your relationship with each other.

As soon as the maid left, your mother tossed a black envelope across the coffee table. You glanced at her before picking up the black envelope.

“What is this?” You asked as you opened it and read its content.

“It’s an party invitation for your father best friend’s son, Yong Junhyung.” Your mother looked at her nails.

“What does this have to do with me?” You put the invitation back into the envelope and set it down on the table.

“Apparently, he asked for you to be there. His father must have told him about you.” Your mother snorted.

You stood up in irritation, “If this is all you need then tell them I’m not attending.”

“I don’t care about what you want but this is for your father.” Your mother leaned back, giving you a look.

“If this is for him then he can ask me himself.” You quickly left the living room.

Although Minju wasn’t around, you weren’t going to wait for him. You wanted to leave this house as soon as possible, even if it means you have to walk home.

“~~~~!”Minju ran after you, “Wait, if you want to go back home, let me drive you.”

You didn’t feel like arguing back so you just nodded. See that you agreed to wait, Minju quickly ran to the car. You clenched your fist as you saw your mother watching you from the window.

“~~~~?” Minju called out to you as he opened the door for you.

You saw Miyeon from the balcony on the second floor as you went inside the car. Minju got back in the car after shutting the door.

“Take me far away from here.” You whispered.

Minju looked at you through the rear mirror, “I’m sorry.”

=========

Kikwang heard your door opened and then closed, indicating that you were finally home. He was surprised to come back and see that you weren’t home even though it was late.

Kikwang looked up at the clock, “Eight-fifty.”

“Where are you going?” Kikwang’s mother asked as Kikwang walked toward the front door.

“Just to go see ~~~~. Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.” Kikwang said.

“Why don’t you ever invite ~~~~ over?” Kikwang’s mother asked.

Kikwang blushed, “Mom, you’re just going to show her all of my childhood picture again.”

“But you were so cute.” Kikwang’s mother pouted.

“I’m going now.” Kikwang said as he went out the door and knocked on yours, “~~~~, it’s me.”

You opened the door, “What? It’s late.”

Although you said that, you still allowed Kikwang to come into your apartment. You walked over and lay down on the couch.

“What happened? Was it that phone call?” Kikwang sat down on the ground besides you as he rubbed your back.

“Hm.” You tiredly nodded.

Seeing how tired you were, Kikwang didn’t want to ask you what happened, “Did you eat yet?”

“Yeah.” You mumbled.

“Come on, let’s get you to bed.” Kikwang stood up.

You sat up and grabbed Kikwang’s hand, “Is there something wrong with me?”

“What are you talking about?” Kikwang leaned down to your level.

“Why does it have to be like this?” You started to cry.

Kikwang instantly knew it had something to do with your family. Kikwang softly wiped away your tears.

“Why are you so kind to me?” You looked up at Kikwang.

“Because…you’re my friend.” Kikwang pulled you into his arms and tightly hugged you as you continue to cry, “Everything will be alright. I’ll always be here for you.”