Chapter 12

Prince and the Beast

After getting your new hair cut, you and Kikwang went to an ice cream shop. You were waiting in line as Kikwang went to the bathroom.

“It’s so short.” You grumbled while playing with you hair.

“It looks good on you.” You felt someone standing behind you, making you quickly turned around.

Your eyes widen before sending that person a glare, “What are you doing here?”

“Hey, I’m just here for ice cream just like you.” The person took a step back with his hands up.

“Don’t joke around with me.” You clenched your fist when you saw to smile on his face.

“Oops, you got me. I saw you and I just couldn’t help myself to saw hello.” The person shrugged.

You shook your head with a scoff, “Yong Junhyung, what are you trying to do? Why did you send me that letter? If you’re still trying to get Miyeon, I can’t help you.”

“Is that how you speak to a guy you dated for two years?” Junhyung tilted his head to the side.

“You only dated me to get to Miyeon or did you forget?” You could feel your eyes watering up.

Junhyung stared at you for a moment before reaching his hands out to trace the bandages on your face. You flinched at his and the memories of the time you two were still dating came back to you.

“Have you found your fairytale yet?” Junhyung smirked.

You swatted his hands away, “Don’t touch me.”

“I love to chat with you more but I things to do. I almost forgot about this, you have to come no matter what.” Junhyung handed you an envelope.

You looked away, ignoring Junhyung and the envelope in which you knew what would be inside. However, Junhyung tucked it in the pocket of the sweater you were wearing.

“It’s not like you have a choice, you are going to come to my birthday party.” Junhyung ordered.

Seeing that you weren’t answering, Junhyung smiled at you as if he had won something. With a pat on your head, Junhyung left.

You wiped away the tears that finally formed with your sleeves. You looked down at the envelope in your pocket.

“~~~~?” Kikwang came back.

You pushed the envelope further into your pocket so that Kikwang wouldn’t see it. At first Kikwang gave you a strange look but then decided not to ask.

“We’re next.” Kikwang stepped forward to the counter.

After getting your ice cream, the both of you walked to a nearby park and sat on the swing. You slowly swing back and forth as you ate your ice cream.

“How is your ice cream?” Kikwang asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

“It’s good.” You mumbled.

Kikwang stared at you for a while before reaching over to pinched your chubby cheek. You flinched in surprise, causing you to drop your ice cream.

“Ow!” You managed to get free, “What was that for?”

“I just felt liked it.” Kikwang smiled at you.

“Ah! You made me drop my ice cream.” You made a face as you looked down on your ice cream.

“Sorry, you can have mine.” Kikwang gave you his ice cream.

“Yours is already almost done.” You groaned, “Never mind, let’s go home. It’s getting late.”

Kikwang laughed, “I’ll buy you some on the way home.”

On the way home, Kikwang kept his words and bought you a vanilla popsicle. Deciding that it wasn’t enough, you made Kikwang give you a piggyback.

“You’re so slow.” You complained.

“Ugh so the heavy.” Kikwang joked.

You slapped his shoulder, “I’m helping you work out.”

“Yeah yeah sure.” Kikwang shook his head.

“I am too. Ooh get heavier.” You tried to make your self heavier by putting more pressure on Kikwang.

Kikwang chuckled, “Oh no, I’m going to fall over.”

Kikwang started leaning forward and tilting to side, making you squeal as you gripped on tighter.

“You’re going to make me drop my ice cream again!” You hanged on for dear life.

“Okay I’ll stop.” Kikwang looked back at you wide a smile.

You couldn’t help but smile back while hugging his back, “What am I going to do without you? I wish we could be like this forever.”

Kikwang looked back to the front with a small but painful smile, “Yeah, me too.”

Although, Kikwang does wish to be like this forever with you, he didn’t want to remain as friends. *I’m such a coward.* 

 

 

So sorry for the late update. This chapter reminds me of my first story Love of a Gangster. Anyway thank you for still reading.