A Promise is a Promise

JongKey Halloween Special

Jonghyun sat on the living room sofa flipping through an H&M magazine. The sun was steadily sinking in the sky outside the window of the cozy little apartment he shared with his boyfriend. Said boyfriend is due home very soon for he finishes his shift at six. The clock reads 6:19 PM when Jonghyun hears footsteps outside the door to the apartment. The door opens and Jonghyun then looks up from the fashion mag to rest his eyes on Key.

"Hey babe."

"Hey. How was work?" Jonghyun replies to his exhausted looking boyfriend.

Key flops onto the couch next to Jonghyun and sighs, relaxing into the cushions. "Tiring as usual. I'm getting too old for this."

Jonghyun chuckled at this.

"Hang in there. Retirement is far far away for you, mister."

Key grumbled dramatically and let out a laugh.

"I know. But when I wake up tomorrow morning, I know I'll be ready to do it all over again."

The pair shared a comfortable silence, and then Key let out an 'Oh!'.

"I was thinking during break today, you know, Halloween is coming. And Minho and Taemin invited us to their yearly Halloween party again. So we need to find costumes. But, I thought, instead of going as, like two separate things, we could do couple costumes." Key suggested with a new supply of energy.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Jonghyun thought about it for a moment.

"That sounds fun. What kind of couple costumes did you have in mind?"

"Well... I was going to leave that for us to discuss." Key said.

"Hmm..." Jonghyun his chin in thought. "What about salt and pepper shakers? Or maybe... I'd kinda like to be Peter Pan..." Jonghyun admitted.

"Peter Pan? What would that make me? Tinkerbell?" Key asked, a bit surprised at his lover's revelation.

"I always thought you'd look really y as Tinkerbell..." Jonghyun stated shyly with a blush.

"True." Key said, hiding a smirk. "But I was thinking more along the lines of, oh, I dunno, a horse?"

"A horse? So we'd be in the same costume? Why a horse?" a baffled Jonghyun pinched his eyebrows together.

"Well, you did once say that you wanted one of those weird horse masks so you could take funny pictures and get tumblr famous. And, well, if I was the back end I'd get to stare at your perfect badonkadonk all evening." Key came clean with not a hint of embarrassment on his face.

Jonghyun's face went red and he let out a giggle.

"Well, how about we settle this with a little kai bai bo?" Jonghyun suggested.

"That'll work." Key agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween night in front of Minho and Taemin's house

"I really ing hate you right now." Jonghyun whined.

"Sorry, Jongie. But you should've known how boss I am at kai bai bo." Key said, pulling on his half of the costume.

"We should have settled this another way. But let's just get into the house, okay?" Jonghyun said letting go of his frustration.

"I'll make it up to you, babe. I promise." Key said before Jonghyun put the horse head on and they got into position.

"Ready?" Jonghyun asked his better half. (haha hahahaha)

"Ready." said the rear.

"Left. Left. Left, right left. Left. Left. Left, right, left." Jonghyun led the way to the door.

"Stop." he said when they reached the door and Key managed to stop quick enough to not ram his head into his boyfriend's .

He rang the doorbell next to the big white door and waited.

"You alright back there?" Jonghyun asked.

"I'm great. The view back here is unbeatable. Just don't fart or I swear to God I-"

"Hey! Is that you, Jonghyun? Where's Key?" asked a mummified Taemin leaned against the door.

"I'm back here!" said Key from behind his boyfriend.

Taemin leaned over and looked at the rear of the horse and laughed. "Oh wow. Don't hurt yourselves coming in."

Jonghyun helped direct his rear into the house without incident and as soon as they made their appearance as the whole horse, they disbanded from their position.

"Oh, God. My back was starting to hurt already." Key said as he palmed his lower back.

"But, everyone seemed impressed with us and our teamwork. I think this was worth it. Now, how should I make this up to you?" he asked his boyfriend.

"I thought about this and I have it all planned and supplied." Jonghyun smirked at Key.

"Why? What did you have in mind, Jongie?" asked a curious yet cautious Key.

Jonghyun leaned over and whispered in his hear, "I'll give you a hint. It starts with 'Peter Pan' and ends with 'roleplaying'."

Key's eyes widened. Then he just sighed.

"~A promise is a promise." Jonghyun sang.

Key repeated in confirmation, "A promise...is a promise."