~

You're going to be a maknae

I had been only a few days since Dongho made his decision to leave U-Kiss. Due to his health condition, it was just impossible to continue living the idol lifestyle when it was straining him like this.

He had broken it to the other members the other day, but now he needed to break it to the one remaining member, whom he hadn’t yet told.

His boyfriend.

“Hey.” He whispered gently, pushing open the door to his bedroom, where he was curled up beneath the covers. “Are you sleeping already?”

“No.” A mumble came from beneath the covers as he rolled over to face him.

“Good. Listen, I have something to tell you.” He sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

His boyfriend widened his eyes in concern, sitting up and putting an arm around him.

“What’s wrong? Are you not well? Are you going on temporary leave again?” He asked, and Dongho bit on his lower lips, the guilt of not being able to break it to him eating away at him now.

“Well...” He began, snuggling into his boyfriends embrace.

When Dongho had told him he was going on temporary leave before, he had immediately thrown his arms around him, and wouldn’t let him go all night.

“You’re going to be a maknae.” He eventually said, his voice cracking a little as he attempted to hold back the tears.

Kevin’s eyebrows furrowed and he tilted his head to the side.

“You don’t mean what I think you mean do you?” He asked uncertainly, instinctively moving closer to the younger.

Dongho’s tears had choked him up by now, so much so that it had become impossible for him to speak. So he just nodded instead.

“You can’t do this.” Kevin’s voice had dropped to a whisper. “I prayed so hard that you would get better and you would never leave me. I told God how much I needed you, how you were the only thing keeping me sane here. I know I’m not the only member from America, but you know I miss home a lot, and since you care for me so much, I just...” Kevin trailed off, his voice breaking as his tears finally began to spill.

“But we can call, and we can visit each other, we’re not breaking up, we just wont’ be together every day.” He mumbled, trying to make Kevin feel better even though he was feeling sad himself. And that was just one of the reasons Kevin loved him.

“That’s the problem though isn’t it?” Kevin asked, wiping away the tears with the back of his hand. “I need to see you every day. I need to hold you every night. I need you Dongho.” He mumbled.

“I need you too Kevin.” He replied, leaning into his embrace as Kevin wrapped his arms around him, keeping him close and burying his face in his hair and kissing him as he cried.

“But it’s just the thought of you not being here.” He whispered, tightening his grip on him, trying to keep him close and safe, and never let him leave. But it was inevitable. He couldn’t cling onto him forever. He had to let him go at some point.

“I’m getting ready to leave tomorrow. I’m going home and I’m just going to live a normal life.” Dongho sighed, his hands clutching to Kevin’s arms as he held onto him.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Kevin finally asked, rubbing Dongho’s back in an attempt to soothe the crying boy.

“Because I was scared. I was worried; I didn’t want to hurt you.”

Kevin smiled, pulling Dongho with him and pulling the covers across the both of them, allowing Dongho to snuggle against him.

“It hurts. It hurts to know that you won’t be here every night, I can’t cuddle you when I want to, I can’t be with you all the time.” Kevin breathed. “But it doesn’t matter, because I love you, and one day we will be able to be together, properly. We will cuddle every night and kiss every morning.” He smiled, pecking his boyfriend on the temple.

“I love you.” Dongho mumbled, pulling himself closer to the elder’s embrace.

“I love you too.” Kevin smiled.

And that night they held each other, they didn’t sleep, just held tightly to one another, both of them afraid to let go, in the fear they would never be able to hold one another in this embrace again, scared that they would forget or drift apart.

They wanted to remain in this moment forever, and ever let each other go. But when the sun finally began to rise and peek through the curtains, they knew that their time was up. 

 

 

Ok so it's only short but I wrote it as a dedication to my biases, since one of them has now left it gave me some inspiration, I hope Dongho stays happy and healthy and I pray none of us will ever forget him!