First Hellos

Listen.

She popped another cola jelly into as she wheeled her blue luggage on the rough asphalt. She turned back to the van that she just got off and waved enthusiastically to her family inside it.

 

As she strolled to her destination with her luggage behind her, she took note of the cherry blossom trees that lined just in front of it; her new dorm. She made it a point to inhale deeply in an exaggerated way when she finally reached the entrance of the dorm. This is it. Time to live the dream!

 

“501, 502, 503… ah, 504!” she knocked twice on the door before twisting the key into its slot and opening the door. Before she could proceed further into the room, she bumped her head onto someone.

 

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I wanted to open the door and greet you because the management said I’ll be getting a new roommate but.. oh my gosh..” the girl rumbled on with an accent, “Oh right, where are my manners? I’m Tiffany, your new roommate!”

 

The girl let go of her hold on her luggage handle and offered her hand in a polite manner, “Hi, my name is Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

After exchanging polite pleasantries, Tiffany led Taeyeon to her bed side to settle in.

Tiffany excused herself to go to the market and left Taeyeon to familiarize herself with the room. The room was not big to begin with; just two beds, a couch, a small fridge, a TV, and a small coffee table in front of the couch. It was slightly packed, to say the least.

 

Small or not, it did not matter to Taeyeon. She plopped down onto her bed; first, arms up. “Yup, I’m totally living the dream.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Hi! Just a short chapter to test the waters haha. It'll be a bit different from my other on-going from the way I'm writing it. I'm hoping for a different approach to this one in terms of writing. What do you guys think? ^^;;