Chapter 1

Then

*****Part 1*****

Changmin had always known who his neighbors were, ever since he was old enough to know how to distinguish names and faces. He knew Mr. Han, his right side neighbor, liked to jog in the mornings because he always said hi to him as he waited for the bus to pick him up and knew that Mrs. Kwion, his left side neighbor, liked to nag her daughter about bringing dirty shoes into the house whenever she could. He'd grown use to the neighbors he had and had gotten so use to their routine that when there was a change in it he became weary of it.

Mr. Hans had thrown a huge party one night. Had invited all his neighbors, the few that lived in this street, and some friends over for the big gathering. Everyone ate and had fun. All the kids had played outside as the adults had talked inside. This was weird to Changmin though. Not in all his eleven years of living in this block, that he remembered of course, did he recall Mr. Hans making a party for the neighborhood. Gifts had been taken, and when he asked if it was Mr. Hans birthday, his parents had laughed and told him no.

"It's a going away present Min." His mother had informed him as she adjusted her hair once more before telling them to go.

After the party was all said and done he'd forgotten the nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach, the feeling the unknown brought.

Like everything in a young kid's life, playing dissolved stress and made them forget their troubles if only for a second.

That nervous feeling came back a week later when he noticed boxes were being stacked outside Mr. Han's porch. At first he thought he'd just have one of the many yard sales he had, having forgotten he was moving, but then a moving van had pulled up and Mr. Han had proceeded to load all the boxes into it as well as other items he'd be taking and suddenly Changmin realized that a huge change would happen in his life and he didn't know how to deal with it.

He'd been nervous all day in school, wondering who his new neighbor would be. If they would behave like Mrs. Kwion or if they would be as mellow as Mr. Hans had been. He wondered how many people there would be and whether they would have children or not. Mr. Hans didn't have children and Mrs. Kwion had only girls, so if the new family had children and there was a boy then that meant he'd have someone to play with. Suddenly, the idea of the new neighbors made him nervous, but this time the type of nervous that made him excited rather than fearful.

With his young heart, he hoped it'd be a boy his age. Someone he could play with and wouldn't call him names for being smaller than the other kids their age. Someone he could get along with and become best friends with; kind of like Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun, who all lived in the same street five miles away from his house. They were his friends at school, but since they lived so far from each other they couldn't really talk outside of it.

It really did living so far away from town.

He sighed and kept waiting for the bus that would take him home. The other three had already walked home. More than ever he wished for a neighbor he could go home with.

**

If you want chapter 2, it's here in LJ.  Thanks for reading. :)