After Summer

Fall Breeze
You were sitting in your class and looking out the window next to your seat. You were sighing so hard, tried not to get bored. The class was so boring even you didn't know what teacher was saying. She was just blabbering and kept telling story. Meanwhile, your bestfriend next to you, Mirae, was holding her mirror and kept checking herself out. When she was applying lip gloss on her lips, you intentionally shook her hand.
 
"Yah! Don't do that!" Mirae shouted to you while she wiped her lip gloss on her cheek. But she was unaware that the whole class became so quite because of her. And then you saw the teacher walked to you both. You just crossed your arms on your chest and sighed. She wouldn't do anything to you and Mirae though, you thought.
 
"Is there anything wrong, Kim Mirae-ssi?" your teacher asked Mirae and you just gave a boring look.
 
"Nothing, ma'am" Mirae looked at the teacher fearlessly.
 
"Then don't shout like that in my class. I'm teaching here." She wasn't so happy about Mirae's attitude. Then she looked at me who as ignorant as Mirae.
"Alright..." said Mirae so the teacher wouldn't bother you both anymore.
 
When the teacher was walking back to her desk, the school bell rang.
 
"Alright class, you can dismiss now" the teacher said. "But not you two. You ladies, we have a problem here, and we should talk about it" she said again as she pointed to you and Mirae. You and Mirae were looking each other and put down your bags with so much disappointment. You and Mirae walked to the teacher's desk, and the teacher gave you a glare. She looked at you from head to toe, ready to say something (maybe to despise you and Mirae) when a group of boys came into your class. And the teacher stopped looking at you. She was (not surprisingly) amazed by the boys.
Yap, the boys were the most famous boys in school, or you rather called them Kingkas of the school. There were 6 boys, and one of them was Mirae's boyfriend. That was why they came into your class. To get Mirae to cafeteria and had lunch together. When that happened, you never want to be with them, so you rather be at cafeteria alone or in library.
 
"How can I help you, boys?" the teacher asked the boys with a soft voice. You and Mirae looked each other and felt disgusted. That teacher was such a flirty.
 
"Nothing, ma'am. I just want to take my girlfriend to have some lunch" said Daehyun. He was Mirae's boyfriend.
 
"But I have something to tell her. She just made a trouble at class..." the teacher was disappointed with the fact that the girl she about to get mad at, was a girlfriend of Daehyun, one of the most handsome boys at school.
 
"That's your problem ma'am. But we gotta have some lunch or we'll report you to the board of school that you prevent your students from having lunch. I know you'll be suspended because of that" that time, Himchan was saying that little harsh words to your teacher and then winked at her. Everyone in school knew that Himchan was a handsome playboy. Who wouldn't fall for Himchan? He got the best face in the world if you didn't exaggerate. And he had smooth mouth too. Everything that came out from his mouth would make every single person melt from its sweetness.
 
The teacher was so shocked by Himchan's words. When finally she realized that there was no way to keep Mirae from them, she let you and Mirae go.
 
"Fine. You can go have some lunch all you want. But Kim Himchan, you better watch your mouth" she said, shocked yet still flirting with the Handsome Himchan by looking at his lips.
 
"Thank you, ma'am" Daehyun said to the teacher and then pulled Mirae to his side.
 
And then they just walked away and you were still standing there, not moving.
 
"Aren't you going with them?" the teacher asked you. That time she asked nicely while she settled her things up.
 
"Nope. I'll just be here" you walked back to your chair. You knew that Mirae and the boys were waiting for you outside the class, so you made your voice a little bit louder so they could hear you and just leave you alone in class.
 
"Alright then. But still, you and Kim Mirae have to make a 15 pages paper about today's subject for your detention." There, the evil teacher was back. Then she walked out the class, like nothing happened.
 
After the teacher was out, you started playing games on your phone. You didn't know what to do. You had nothing to do if you went to library, and you couldn't go to cafeteria because you would meet Mirae and Mirae's boyfriend gang. And that was a thing you always avoid. You knew you couldn't be around them. Not because they wouldn't befriend you. It was more privateナ it was about your feeling for one of the boys.
 
Zelo.
 
You liked Zelo. That was why you couldn't be around them. Because you didn't want that feeling to be too much. Because you realized that you couldn't be with Zelo. So you thought you better kept it for yourself. Even Mirae didn't know that.
You put your phone in your desk and closed your eyes then took a deep breath. Why was the feeling made you felt more uncomfortable? It was suffocating you.
 
"Uhm, hey..." suddenly you heard a boy voice in your class room. You opened your eyes to see who was in the class room. It was Zelo. And he called you. Nervously. You couldn't be more nervous because Zelo was approaching you and there were only both of you in class room.
 
"What is it, Zelo-ssi?" you asked him, tried to be calm so your voice wouldn't shake.
 
"Mirae want me to take you to cafeteria. She wants you there to have some lunch together with us" he said clumsily. That was what you like from him. His clumsiness, his shyness, his innocence, but once he stopped talking and just walked pass you, he looked so much cooler.
 
"But I don't want to..." you hesitated. You really couldn't be around them.
 
"She insisted. Come on..." Zelo grabbed your hand and pulled you. Because he was pulling you too hard, you almost slammed your body onto him. And that made you almost die because your heart skipped a beat.
 
"Uhm, alright..." you walked beside Zelo all the way to the cafeteria. And that was the longest time you ever spent to go to cafeteria.
As soon as you arrived at cafeteria, Mirae had ordered food for you. So you had no choice but to eat together with them. And that wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be.
 
 
You were walking home alone because Mirae went back home already with Daehyun. You walked slowly, thinking about when you at cafeteria then. You were sitting next to Zelo. You didn't even dare to move your feet. You were so nervous. But Zelo... he was so sweet to you. Or maybe not just to you. But you couldn't think clearly about that. You were blinded by your feeling to Zelo.
 
That time you didn't realize that someone was following you.
 
A man was following you in an alley on your way home. He was slowly approaching you. But you weren't aware of that. You kept walking. When you finally realized that something was wrong, it was too late. He grabbed you and covered your mouth with his palm.
 
"Don't you dare to scream, or I will ruin your life" he said, threatening you. You could smell an alcohol from his mouth.
 
"What are you doing, ajuhssi?" you asked him, gathering all courage you had left in you. Despite your tears were flowing on your cheeks and wouldn't stop. You were so scared.
 
"Don't be afraid, little girl... you won't be harmed. Just follow me" you didn't believe in what he said. That man was drunk and you knew you're in danger.
 
You took a deep breath and gathered all your courage and your strength. You elbowed his rib and kicked his crotch and then you ran away, as fast as you could. You ran to a crowded place. You couldn't go home yet because you took a different direction. You couldn't go back because you would meet that man again and you were so sure it'd be worse.
You sat on a bench in a crowded park. You were still crying. You just felt a little bit happy because you were with Zelo, ate together with him, talked to him, and felt his sweetness. But when you came home, that disaster happened. You just didn't get it. Why did it happen to you? What did you wrong? You cried and you covered your face with your palm.
 
Suddenly you heard someone called your name.
 
And when you lifted your head, you saw Zelo with a skateboard in his hand. You shocked and you wiped your tears and tidied your messed hair.
 
"Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen to you?" Zelo asked you and sat beside you, looking at you. While you just bowed your head because you were so embarrassed. Why should he see you at this condition? When you were at mess.
 
"Ah, nothing..." you stood up. You couldn't face him at that moment. So you thought you better to go somewhere else.
 
"Hey..." Zelo grabbed your hand. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. But you should calm your mind first before you go somewhere else, if you didn't want to get lost, ha-ha" he said it wholeheartedly.
 
You decided to sit back beside him, with keeping your head down. You still couldn't face him.
 
"You know, I was coming here for skateboarding. But when I saw you sit here alone, I can't think about anything else but to sit here, beside you" you looked at Zelo. Your day was a little bit brighter when you heard that sweet words from Zelo. It was like a dream.
 
"Thank you, Zelo. You're so sweet..." but still, you couldn't forget what just happened. So you kept silent and were playing with your finger.
 
"I don't mean to be sweet, you... I'm just concerned about you. You looked so... scared, and unsecure. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with you. Besides, I barely see you here, and this park is like my second home because I always practicing skateboard here every day. But if you don't want to tell me, it's alright. I'll just be here and be with you until you feel okay to go home alone" Zelo looked at you as he said that. His hand was about to grab yours but he decided not to do it.
 
"I'm... not okay... I'm scared, Zelo" Zelo was shocked by your words. He didn't expect that you'd finally told him your problem, with that kind of voice tone. A scared tone.
 
"What's wrong, you? What makes you scared?" Zelo grabbed your hand tightly. You could feel his concern through his hands. So you decided to tell him what terrible thing that just happened to you. You felt bad because you couldn't control your tears. You were crying hard in front of Zelo. A thing that you couldn't do in a normal situation.
 
"Oh my God... that was terrible. I'm so sorry..." Zelo hugged you unexpectedly. You were shocked. But that was you needed the most. A hug from Zelo. "I'm sorry, I couldn't be there when you need me. I'm sorry... but please, don't cry... I can't see you crying like this" Zelo patted your back and your hair. You were crying on his shoulder. "Please, you... from now on, I'll be your bodyguard. So you can't be harmed again" Zelo said promising you. You just nodded on his shoulder and whispered 'thank you' between your sobs.
 
 
Since then, Zelo was always by your side. Even everyone at school thought that you both were new couple. You hoped so, but Zelo whose dignity, just wanted to protect you and kept his words to keep you safe and that nobody could harm you.
He waited for you when your classes ended. He walked with you, ate with you at cafeteria and walked you home. Everyday. Even sometimes he texted you just for make sure that you're safe.
 
Honestly, deep in your heart, you hurt a little. You wondered why he couldn't just be your boyfriend. Why he wanted to protect you all the time and made you face him when you actually didn't want to. Because your feeling for him was growing fast. And you were afraid it became love.
 
 
 
One day, when Zelo was walking with you to your home, he looked so uncomfortable and burdened.
"you, can I stop to be your bodyguard?" Zelo asked you. Heard he said that, made you dead a little bit inside. You knew, you were a burden for him. But still, you were hurt.
 
"Of course, Zelo... from now on I can take care of myself" you held your tears up, tried to look strong.
 
"I'm sorry..." he said softly. But then he smiled.
 
"Can I be your boyfriend instead?" you stopped walking when actually you wanted to run away after hearing that Zelo no longer wanted to be your 'bodyguard'.
 
You cupped your mouth. You didn't believe him, his words, his question. But his action after he said that made you sure that he wasn't kidding.
 
Zelo pulled your hands and kissed your lips gently.
 
"I love you, you" said Zelo while caressing your hair.
 
"I love you too, Zelo..." and you hugged him. Tighter than ever.