The Candle Late Dinner

Before Midnight

She was busy wearing her lipstick, checking her hair and her dress, checking her phone and keeps looking at her watch.

 

“You look like a , Sica” Taeyeon suddenly showed up and interrupted her

 

“Really?” she looked at the mirror again “!”

 

Taeyeon chuckled, she couldn’t believe her eyes looking at Jessica with full make up not for a photo shoot or else but for attending dinner with Kim Heechul “Come on, it just Heechul oppa

 

Jessica widened her eyes while erase some make up on her face, “ I respect him, Unnie. That’s it”

 

Well in her honest defense, she did not think it was just a respect, it’s more than that. If it just a courtesy why would her heart skips a beat and her smile rise whenever she think about spending time and share food with Heechul, and only with Heechul.

 

“That’s it. I am leaving” she kisses her Unnie cheek and put a finger cross “Wish me luck”

                                                                                ***


 

Heechul is already suit up, ready to leave. He combed his hair and make sure his look was fine after he finish his photo shoot.

 

“Heechul, where do you want to go?” Heechul know his voice very well. It was Leeteuk, “we haven’t finished yet, we still have recording for our Music Video” he added.

 

Heechul couldn’t say a thing, his mouth open “w-w-wait? Not finished yet? I guess it was until 7 p.m”

 

“what can I say” Leeteuk patted his shoulder, wishing his dongsaengs know the circumstances, they have to do extra work in order to catch their schedule, since Superjunior is about to comeback.

 

Heechul took off his suit and go back at the make up room, he frowned and curl his lips. The very temperament Heechul is trying to control his anger, but seriously he didn’t mind to blow someone head off is someone is messing around with him.

                                                                                ***


 

Jessica look so beautiful, with blue dress and not so tall high heels, her scent is like a strawberry with her hair tied up in a ponytail way. She entered the regular café where she and other SNSD or Superjunior member usually spends their time.

 

“You are at your own this time?” Asked the waitress as Jessica come in.

 

“No” she couldn’t hide her smile and almost spoil him that she was going to have dinner with Heechul.
She sat by the window, looking gorgeous with a big smile on her face, even people walk passed by can tell she was happy and in love. She exudes a happy aura.

 

She waited for 15 minutes but no signed Heechul would show up. It’s very rare to happened, all she knows Heechul is tight when it comes to time. He is very discipline.
 

Lucky her, she was accompany by the waitress.

It was 20.00 p.m, she text Heechul, make sure if he would show up or not

 

“do you want some wine?” asked the waitress “No” the happy aura is not there anymore, it change to the old Jessica, the cold and silent Jessica “Actually, I am ready to leave” her voice is shaking, she tried so hard not to cry and ruin her mascara, because it will make her look more hideous.

She tried so hard not to loose it, she came with a million excuses why Heechul didn’t show up, she thought every possibility. However she couldn’t hide her disappointed feeling toward Heechul.

 

“Heechul is a jerk ” she talked to her self try to convince her self not to cry because of a stupid jerk like Heechul

 

“You know..if by any chances someone came and looking for me, would you please say.. I am in Taeyeon apartment?” she asked the waitress

 

“Okay.. Jessica-ssi I am so sorry”

 

“please, don’t be” and she leave.

                                                                                ***


 

Heechul keep looking at his watch, concern if Jessica is waiting at the café by now?

 

“Hyung! Don’t you have an appointment today?” Donghae Point out.

 

“yes! Yes ! I do!! I do have dinner with Jessica, but thanks to this unstoppable work we have done. I canceled it. crap” everyone give him is-that-just-a-dinner-or-more-like-date expression.

 

“but you already let her know about your additional schedule right?” Leeteuk added

“What? Of course not!”


“good grief,” Leeteuk exhale “YOU SHOULD LET HER KNOW OR SHE WOULD WAITING FOR YOU LIKE AN IDIOT!”  

 

“or worse, someone with more good looking will accompany her” Donghae said, not helping the situation.

 

“well, okay. I’ll text her”

 

“Nevermind. You’re off to go, it’s done anyway” Leeteuk give him permission to leave

                                                                                ***


 

Jessica slammed the door pretty hard, and make Taeyeon shocked.

“Geez.. Jessica. How was it?”

 

Jessica took a space near her unnie and sit, she keep quiet with her hands fold and a curl smile

“Judging by your look, it worse” She give Jessica a pathetic look and stood up from her chair “ice cream?”

 

She walk to take an ice cream from the refrigerator

“He didn’t show up, Unnie” Jessica start crying, she didn’t care anymore about her make up, her mascara, her look.

 

“What?! Why he didn’t show up?”

 

“i..i.. I don’t know” her shoulder is moving up and down, uncontrolled

 

“Geez, come here..” Taeyeon hug her “let’s take a bath, and sleep. Okay?”

 

She nodded, couldn’t say any word again

                                                                                ***


Heechul shocked, his phone is full with Jessica texts. He rushed to the café, maybe she was still there

“Welcome, Heechul-ah” said the waitress

“Oh.. Annyeong” he bowed a little “did you see Jessica?”


“So it’s you, who she was waiting for?”

 

“Yah.. it’s me. So .. mm.. where is she?”

 

“Where have you been, Heechul? She’s been waiting for you like an hour and she already gone now”

 

“Okay, thanks” he turned around and run to his car

 

“W-wait!!” The waitress called him, and force him to stop “She’s is Taeyeon apartment now”

 

“Thank you for your information” he bow again

 

“Heechul-ssi.. Jessica is a good girl, please treat her well”

 

“I will”



He was rushing to Taeyeon apartment, he know he owe her an apology, a big apology. When he already in front of Taeyeon apartment, it was 21.40 p.m. He is starving, and then he got an idea

 

“Leeteuk-hyung. Do me a favor, please?” he called Leeteuk.

                                                                                                ***


It was 23.27 p.m , Jessica was ready to snap with  a pajamas, which she borrowed from her unnie, when suddenly the bell rang. Taeyeon open the door

“Sorry, Is Jessica here?” asked Heechul

 

“Yes, she is. Come on In hyung” she let his hyung come to her apartment

 

“no, I’ll be here. Please tell Jessica I am here”

 

“I am afraid she won’t meet you, after you know..”

 

“I know, that’s why I am here, please” he pleaded.

 

“I’ll try”

 

For 15 minutes of waiting, Jessica showed up with a frowned look

 

Heechul bite his lips, he looks so nervous, afraid that Jessica will mad at him and slap him. Actually he deserves it.

 

“Sica, listen. I am sorry” he sighed “sorry I didn’t show up, therefore pleaseee let me pay my mistake”

 

“That’s unacceptable, hyung. You didn’t text me or something. You owe me an explanation and an apology big time”

 

“I know, that’s why I am here” he look at him self, he wears a suit “do you want to .. well dinner? With me?”

 

Jessica chuckled, he couldn’t be mad at him anymore, looking at his hyung with an afraid expression besides, he looks super handsome who can deny this?  


“I’ll change”


“no no. we don’t have much time for that” he dragged Jessica out

 

That’s very funny, looking heechul suit up, looking so handsome with an expensive cologne, while Jessica only wear a slipper and pajamas.
                                                                                ***


 

Outside, Heechul take Jessica by his arm and look at  his watch again, “well, we only have sev.. six minutes before midnight, come on” he open the car door, let Jessica come in

 

“I know, this should be celebrated in a fine restaurant with” he paused, and went outside from his car, Jessica couldn’t say anything, she look confuse with what Heechul was doing.
 

On the right side, there is a table, full with a candle and a flower with a little Orchestra, which later she know that it was Kyuhyun, Ryewook, and Yesung

.

Heechul open the door for her “come on” Heechul pull a chair for Jessica. Not so long Donghe and Leeteuk showed up, dressed like a waitress and give a plate with bruschetta and crostini  on it,

 

“Please, enjoy” said Leeteuk

 

was wide open, she still don’t get it what is this all about

 

“Come on, eat it. We don’t have much time”

 

“What was this?” she asked, looking so confuse.

 

“Geez, this is the dinner, now eat”

 

“Dinner? In here?” she laughed, and shook her head disbelief. She took a bite of her brsuchetta, only a bite, then the plate was taken by Kyuhyun and replaced with Spaghetti which Kibum and Siwon carried. Now she’s getting to know this concept, it was a dinner that only happened in six minutes.

 

Kyuhyun was singing isn’t she lovely followed with a guitar instrument from Yesung and a keyboard instrument from Ryewook.

 

Isn’t she lovely,


isn’t she wonderful


isn’t she precious


less then one minute old


I never thought, through love we’d be


making one as lovely as she


but, isn’t she lovely Made from love
 

isn’t she pretty
 

truly the angel’s best.

 

Again, it was only a bite of spaghetti when suddenly the plate was taken.
“Dance with me?” he propose and bow like a prince should be


Suddenly, the music change into a slow one. He took her hand and put in his shoulders, and put his on Jessica waist, moving slowly, keeps up the tempo. Sometimes He turns Jessica around


“You look beautiful tonight”

 

“For real? With my pajamas on?” she rolled her eyes and chuckled.


“Listen, I am sorry. Sorry for being a jerk that let you wait in a café, sorry for this candle late dinner”


“Apology accepted, but you still owe me an explanation”


“Oke.. I was having a photo shoot, and a recording for my mv” he checked at his watch


“come on, 2 minutes left”
 

He put away his hand from her waist. “Mind if we walk? Anyway it’s only ten steps from Taeyeon apartment?” Jessica dare him.

“Whatever you say”

                                                                                                ***



They walked to the apartment and leave other Superjunior member there. When they already got in front of Taeyeon apartment, Heechul give him a box of chocolate
“don’t forget our dessert”

“Are you making me diabetes or just fat?” she laughed.

“Anyway” Heechul looked at his watch again “Right in time, 23.59 p.m. you already here before midnight.”

“It was a beautiful night, thank you for accompany me dinner” he wave before leaving Jessica.
 

 

                                                                                                ****