Smile Like Sunshine

|☼| Smile Like Sunshine |☼| [MBLAQ Joon One-Shot]

One Shot Theme Songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KlbmceMzLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itQLSjob_4Q&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov79ttyStA


"Ugh," Ann exclaimed, staring at the mess.


She looked at the piles of clothes on the ground, "Ugh!"


"Ugh!" She went again, spotting a mouldy chicken leg on the ground.


"Ugh!"


"UGGGGHHH!"


"UEeerrughhh!"


"UGH!"


She couldn't believe anyone on earth could be so messy. MBLAQ were seriously pigs. Stupid pigs who were going to waste ANOTHER five hours of her life cleaning for them. She put her hands on her hips and blew a strand of hair away from her eyes. This was going to take a while.


She started gathering stray clothes from around the living room. A sock off the television. A jacket off the table, a pair of black jeans away from under the couch. A jumper off the fruit bowl, a tie hanging from the crystal drop light.


As she collected the clothes, she started self-pitying herself. Cleaning for MBLAQ for half a year had certainly toughened her up. Though girls would kill for her position, she'd give it up any day. If she could. The only reason she continued this degrading job was because it paid well.


"Frickin' retards," She said out loud, staring at a poster of MBLAQ on the wall. Even hanging pictures of themselves. Conceited idiots. "Dumb pigs making my life miserable."


She trudged huffily to the laundry room and dumped the clothes into the washing machine. Ten minutes later, when she was wiping the tables, she realized she'd mixed the red clothes with white. She couldn't be bothered fixing her mistake.


"Too bad," She said smugly out loud. "Let their inner 'Pink Manliness' shine."


She was paid to clean for them and the contract never specifically stated that she had to color code their clothes.


"Hmph," She smiled, scrubbing at a dried spot of juice on the table. "Not like I care."


"Talking to yourself again," A voice mocked behind her.


She turned and her instant 'death glare' mode switched on. Six months with MBLAQ had taught her she should never let her guard down. At least around this guy.


Lee freakin' Joon.


He must've come back early. Damn.


"What do you want?" Ann announced imperiously, turning back and scrubbing the table with more vigour. She heard him step closer, the click of his expensive shoes against the floor.


"Oh, nothing much," He drawled. "Do I even have to explain myself when I want to get a cup of water?"


Ann didn't say anything. Experience taught her that if she retorted, there would be a full on hissy fit in a matter of minutes. Or maybe even burnt hair. It had happened.


She turned to wash her wiping cloth and found herself slamming into him. Well, to be more specific, her face hit against his chest and the cloth dropped on the ground. Ann glared at him and bent down to pick it up.


"It's too early to get touchy and feely, isn't it?" Joon smirked, sweeping his brown hair casually. He leant against the kitchen counter, acting all careless and bored and sipping his damn water.


"Don't flatter yourself," Ann snapped, pushing around him and washing her cloth. Her arm knocked over a few glass cups, sending them crashing loudly to the ground.


"Great," She rolled her eyes, shooting a deadly look at Mr.Abs. "All your fault."


She grabbed a dustpan and a broom and began sweeping the broken pieces.


"Here, let me help," Joon offered, taking the broom from her. They were too close for comfort.


"NO, thanks," Ann took the broom back. She didn't get why he was always pestering her. "Why don't you go work out and continue to define those 'awesome' abs of yours?"


A small, hurt look crossed Joon's face. He put a hand in his pocket and leant against the counter again.


"I don't get it," He said finally.


"Well since your brain is the size of a peanut, I didn't expect you - " Ann remarked sarcastically.


"Why do you hate me so much?"


Ann got cut off. She was taken aback by his question. The answer should've been so easy - because he was a show off, he was a playboy, he just got on her nerves. Nothing came to her mind.


"I...I don't know," She finally replied shortly, in a less sharper tone. She concentrated on the broken glass.


"I want a reasonable answer," His tone was serious and contemplative. She had never heard him use that voice before. It made her self-conscious and falter and lose her confidence. It made her notice him clearly for the first time since he came into the room.


He was staring straight at her. He was still wearing MBLAQ's 'Cry' practice outfit. The sunlight grazed his brown hair and reflected in his chocolate eyes. A hint of the eye makeup in 'Cry' was slightly visible, but it made him seem more tempting. Ann's heart was on overdrive, she couldn't decipher why.


"Why?" He pressed, his brows furrowing slightly.


"I-I told you!" Ann blurted. "I don't know!"


"I'm not leaving until I get an answer," Joon said.


Ann's emotions twisted together like a whirlwind and she spat out the first thing she thought of, "BECAUSE I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU OKAY?! YOU'RE ANNOYING, YOU PLAY GIRLS, YOU'RE CONCEITED AND LOUD AND...I JUST HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!"


The sunlight dimmed. Joon leant back, his eyes were frozen. His fingers curled into fists as he looked at Ann. She stared straight back, heart pounding, shocked at herself for what she had just said.


"I - I - " She stammered.


"Is that really what you think of me?" Joon stepped closer, until he was almost pinning her against the kitchen sink.


"Wh-what are you doing?" Ann was frozen.


Joon lifted a hand and tilted the girl's chin, somewhat shocked at her stupidity.


"Can't you read my heart?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow, amused.


Ann was annoyed, at the situation she was in and at their close proximity, "What? Are those new lyrics in the 'Mona Lisa' album?"


He stared at her, "Are you kidding me?"


"What are you talking about?!" Ann exclaimed, aggravated. "Stop wasting - "


"I like you, okay?!" Joon snapped, letting go of her.


Ann was stunned.


"...What?"


"I. Like. You," Joon rephrased slowly. "I played girls, acted like some kind of idiot...because I wanted your attention. However much I vied for it, you never seemed to give me any thought. I went to the extreme, I did everything, I did it all so I could just get myself one single chance with you."


Ann couldn't believe this was happening. Lee frickin' Joon of MBLAQ was confessing to his dorm cleaner? Was this a prank on that new celebrity prank show?


"You..." She mumbled. "You like me?"


"I like you," He repeated, confirming her question.


"I - then why were you always acting like a jerk around me?!"


"Because," Joon sighed. "I wanted you to notice me."


Ann was silent.


"Now that I got that over with," Joon continued with a grimace. "Will you give me a chance?"


His chocolate irises stared gently into hers, sending some sort of silent plea.


"..." Ann opened .


The sound of a door opening the hallway echoed into the living room. Mir's loud voice soon filled the whole dorm.


"Hey," Seungho entered the room and glanced at the two. He paused, noticing the two's awkward positions.


"Yeah..." Seungho said slowly, backing away. "I'll be right back."


He vanished quickly. Ann heard the sound of him barricading G.O from entering the living room and Thunder's octopus voice complaining about being hungry.


Joon turned back to her and raised an eyebrow, "So...?"


"I...I guess," She replied, blushing uncontrollably.


A smile like sunshine broke across Joon's face. Ann was dazzled, she had never seen such a beautiful smile.


He chuckled quietly, touching the tip of his finger to her nose, "You're too cute."


Before Ann could reply, a horrified yell broke through the dorm.


"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" Mir's voice howled. "WHY ARE MY SHIRTS PINK?!"


"BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Thunder's voice cracked up and then broke off halfway. "Wait...MY JEANS!"


Joon turned to look at Ann with wide eyes, "What did you do?"


"Nothing you need to know," She replied airily. "But...just so you know, you might be wearing pink underpants tonight. Teehee."


Author's Note:

Aws, I know, lamest ending EVER. But I at endings so...

Anyway, hope you like it Ano <3

Joon: Write more. I need more time with my wifey.

Me: Later.

Joon: Pleeeeaaasseee~

Me: . . . Ann, your husband is playing dirty tricks!

Joon: Am not. Aren't I, Ann? *seductive smirk*

Me: *spew* Take that somewhere else.

Please comment or subscribe? <3

I love you Ano, I dibs being maid of honour at Joon and your wedding~! <3