Tutoring session

My Tutor is a Bully

Seungho let out a loud sigh, willingly showing his annoyance at the younger who was (Seungho was sure) only pretending to work on his exercises. Just why the hell did he accept this job as a private tutor?! He felt as if this was just a waste of time. His and Mir’s. He was boiling inside, as his eyes were digging holes in Mir’s head who was yawning indolently in front of his paper on the desk. Unable to hold in his temper anymore, Seungho snapped and ripped the paper from the younger’s hands and angrily crumpled it before throwing it at Mir’s forehead who seemed to wake up when the paper collided his head.

“That hurts, hyung!” Mir shouted as he rubbed his slightly red forehead. “Was that really needed?!”

Seungho turned his head aside as he took a few long breaths, trying to calm down his anger so that he would stay polite with the punk.  He then looked at Mir who was staring back at him with big, stupefied eyes and forced himself to smile, hoping it would help him gain his calm back:

“Apparently, yes, since you didn’t even bother to read the bloody text!”

Unfortunately, his voice had risen by the end of his sentence and he had to stop talking if he didn’t want to sit up and vent his rage on the lazy punk in front of him.

Mir frowned at his hyung’s tone, eying him darkly. Really, this was all Byunghee’s fault. He didn’t want to be tutored in the first place. Sure, he wasn’t the brightest in the class, but his elder brother had gone too far by asking his best friend to tutor him so that his grades would improve.

He had always had a crush on Seungho so when Byunghee had hinted at the idea of the elder tutoring him, Mir had hurriedly pressed his brother to talk Seungho into doing it. Unfortunately, Seungho was nothing but a bully. He didn’t care about Mir’s well-being, only thinking about the results. And he’d smack the back of his head when he’d realise Mir was daydreaming, or talk to him as if he were retarded and now, he was throwing paper at him! It was fair to say Mir had started to hate the elder and was now dreading his tutorial hours. Of course, Byunghee would leave the house, saying he didn’t wan to have to choose between supporting his baby brother or his best friend, especially when Seungho was doing him a favour in tutoring Mir. The younger was fuming.

“Don’t stare like that, it’s rude, you brat!” Seungho seethed and it took everything in Mir, to prevent himself from punching the elder in the jaw, as he lowered his gaze down, now staring at his hands on his lap.

How could he ever have a crush on that bully? This guy was a control maniac and a moody jerk!

“What did I tell you yesterday? We already talked about that text, didn’t we?!” Seungho’s voice had risen once more, making Mir lower his head in his shoulders, slightly grimacing at the words. He hated that Seungho was right.

“You didn’t listen to a bloody word I said, did you.” Seungho stated sternly, annoyance seeping out almost painfully.

Mir sighed and eyed at his desk, trying to avoid the elder’s piercing gaze.

Seungho was flabbergasted. The nerves that little brat had, acting so cocky and insolent.

“Did you just sigh?!” Seungho roared as, for a second, his anger overtook him.

Mir froze. This was bad. Seungho really scared him. He didn’t even understand what he did to upset him. It seemed his only breathing was annoying Seungho.

“You think you’re so cool and smart you can look down on me? That it’s funny just to make me waste my time? I’m doing it because I owe Byunghee! He told me you needed help! But you won’t even understand how much your brother cares about you! You just act like the stupid brat you are and look down on him, on me, on everyone that tries to teach a ing thing to you so that maybe, you can become less of a nut head! You’re so disrespectful it makes me sick!” Seungho’s temper was unleashed and he couldn’t stop the words to flow out of his mouth. He’d been holding in for too long now. Two ing months that he was trying to teach something into to the younger’s head and it was as if he’d never done anything. This was just a waste of time and it was so frustrating, driving him out of his mind! The younger wasn’t particularly stupid, he was just carefree and lightheaded, merely too immature to understand he had to study for his own good.

Seungho was breathing heavily as he was seeing red. It made him mad that Mir wouldn’t listen to him. He just wanted to help, for ’s sake! Why was it so hard?! He stood up and angrily gathered his stuff, deciding he was too mad at the younger to be able to stay in the same room for today. Once he was done, he stomped to the door and was about to open the door, when something caught his attention. Mir was still staring at his lap and hadn’t uttered a single word in a while now. He turned to look at the younger. He could only see his back from where he was standing but Mir hadn’t moved at all and it bothered Seungho somehow.

“Hey!” He called, expecting the younger to turn around and look at him. But Mir didn’t move at all, ignoring Seungho royally which flustered him even more. “I called you, Mir! The least you could do would be to answer me!” He continued in an annoyed voice.

But Mir went on staring stubbornly at his lap and Seungho thought it was too much. He didn’t have to endure this spoiled brat’s insolence. He was still pondering whether he should just talk some sense into that punk’s head or just go away and chill out until the morrow, when he heard it. It was faint and he almost thought he’d made it up since it was barely perceptible, but he was positive he heard something close to a muffled sniffing.

Seungho furrowed his brows. What was it now?

“Hey, Mir! Are you crying?” He asked in that still annoyed tone, making Mir even more upset.

He’d never felt more worthless than when he was with Seungho. This was too much. Why did he have to endure this? He knew he was a good to nothing, careless brat but that didn’t give Seungho the right to treat him so lowly, always insulting him all the time. He knew he wasn’t worth all the attention his brother was giving him, but he hated having Seungho repeating it to him. Seungho was nothing but a bully. He was bright, sure, but he was a cold hearted bastard to Mir now.

As the younger was still ignoring him, he forced his voice to soften. Mir was five years under him. The boy was still sensitive, he had to take that into account once in while… especially if he didn’t want to fight with Byunghee!

“Mir, look at me.” He ordered, trying to control his anger.

“Go away”, Mir simply replied. Tears were already streaming down his cheeks and his was trying with all his might not to crumble in front of Seungho now. It would be too humiliating. So he tired to control his sobs, preventing himself from sniffing or let out any sound that would betray him while the elder was still here. He couldn’t wait for Seungho to leave now, he wanted him gone so he could cry to himself without his knowing it.

“Are you seriously throwing me out!” Seungho seethed.

Mir was crossing the line. He was being too disrespectful. He didn’t accept this task to be treated like that by a stupid selfish brat!

“Go the away!” Mir shouted now, his voice slightly quivering as he tried desperately to hold in his sobs.

It drove Seungho mad that Mir dared to use such a condescending tone on him and before he realised what he was doing he stormed toward the younger and grasped his arm in a steel hold, forcing him to stand up so he’d look at his face, shaking him violently.

“Do you want to die! Don’t you dare talking back at me!” Seungho roared, shaking Mir’s body aggressively.

Mir whimpered when he felt Seungho’s fingers dig into his skin, shaking his body violently and he couldn’t repress his sobs anymore. He refused to look at Seungho’s face, he refused to give him the satisfaction to see him cry. So he kept his head low despite the raging shaking. But his body was trembling with sobs now as he let the tears stream down his face uncontrollably.

Seungho’s other hand seized Mir’s chin, forcing his head up to look at him in the eyes. When he did, he felt a pang of guilt. The younger was staring back at him with tearful eyes and Seungho realised he’d been too harsh on him. He loosened his grip on Mir’s arm. A few seconds elapsed during which, none of them dared to look away. There was a wild glint in Mir’s fierce gaze that seemed to mesmerise Seungho. The elder started to regret being so harsh toward Mir. He was young and Seungho couldn’t deny his words had overcome his thoughts. He looked away in shame. How could he make a 17-year-old boy cry? He sighed and looked at Mir again.

“I didn’t mean it”, he confessed.

Mir didn’t answer. He was too hurt in his pride, he was feeling too low to say anything. He was mad that, despite his will to hate the elder, he still wanted his attention. Seungho was right. He was a stupid punk. He quickly wiped his tears away with his sleeves and turned his head so that he wouldn’t have to stare at Seungho’s face anymore. It hurt too much look at him. He could only see the failure he was in his eyes and it was painful.

“I’m fine, I’m just tired”, he lied bluntly, crossing his arms over his chest. “Just leave now.”

The last words scratched Seungho’s heart as he realised he’d behaved like a jerk and that the younger was hurt. It wasn’t his intention. He was a rash and moody man. He had no patience but he wasn’t mean.

He sighed regretfully and headed toward the door. He e last time to eye warily at the younger’s sad figure one last time before he left. Really, these tutoring sessions were going overboard. He felt like the lowest bastard for making the boy cry but at the same time, he couldn’t help but blame Mir for bringing the worst out of him. Were he more obedient and more interested, Seungho wouldn’t get mad and shout at him. No, really, Mir was to be blamed for all this drama.

Here is the first chapter!

Unfortunately, I'll be very busy this week so I won't be able to update before the weekend!  Hope you'll still like that beginning!^^