That Group

Mute

 

 

"So," Jiae said. "What are you up to there?"

 

"Studying.", I said. "Why? Is there anything else to do?", I asked.

 

"Of course, there are." , Hyeomin said, joining the table. "Slack off."

 

"Why would I do that?" , I asked.

 

"Jeez. Just because the exams are coming doesn't mean you should study non-stop." , Jiae told me.

 

"No, I think we should study, too.", Hyeomin said. "We want to be the top notcher, too, right?"

 

"Don't count on me for studying." ,Jiae said. "Let her be. She's been like this ever since."

 

"Is there anything I can help of you two?" , I asked them. 

 

"Well, I have." , Jiae said. "Who are they?" , she asked pointing to a group of guys coming out of the cafeteria doors. They look like the flower boys on TV. Just the type girls want. And we've been seeing them for a while now.

 

"They've been here around the past years. They're  seniors. And one of them is--" , I answered, but was cut off by Jiae.

 

"What is your brother doing with them?", she asked. "He's nothing like the standards they have."

 

"Are you talking about Sandeul?" , Hyeomin asked. "I haven't seen him with them the last time we met."

 

"You've been with them?" , Jiae asked. "I envy you." Then, she looked at me. "Don't tell me you've met them too."

 

"I actually have.", I said. "You can see my brother's there." 

 

"Do you like one of them?" , Hyeomin asked. As she asked, Jiae blushed. Then, Hyeomin chuckled. She turned to their direction and shouted, "Woohyun-oppa! Could you all come here?" All of them came and Jiae was blushing tomato red.

 

"Hyeomin-ssi,", Woohyun said as he came. "Do you need anything?"

 

"No.", she answered. "I'd like to introduce my friend.", she said ,smiling.

 

"Sure." , he smiled back. "Hello, Yaejin-ah!" , he greeted. 

 

"Hello.", I greeted back. "Well, you know me already." He nodded.

 

"So," , Hyeomin said. "Since you all know Yaejin, this is my other friend, Park Jiae." 

 

"Annyeong, Jiae-ssi!" , they greeted. "Now, we do our introductions." , Woohyun said.

 

"I'm Nam Woohyun. This is Kim Sunggyu,", he said regarding to his left. And to his right, "This is--"

 

"Hyung, she knows me already." , that person said. "Because, I'm Lee Sungyeol."

 

"How did you get mixed with them?" , Jiae asked, coldly. "You don't even meet their standards."

 

"Jiae, Jiae, Jiae...."

 

" What?"

 

"Are you sure I don't meet the needs of being a flower boy?", he asked. "Do you remember your little crush on me?"

 

"Well, I regret it." Jiae said. "I realized you're not good looking."

 

"If I'm not? What about them?" , he asked, directing at Woohyun and Sunggyu.

 

"They're a whole better than you." , she said.

 

"Do you like one of them?", he asked. "What about your crush on that classmate of yours? Sungjong, is it?" Jiae blushed.

 

When Sungyeol asked about Sungjong, Hyeomin's face turned down. I don't know why though.

 

"Hm?" Sungyeol said, leaning closer to Jiae. She blushed even more. 

 

"Oppa," , I quickly said, pushing him away from Jiae. "Stop this."

 

"Oppa?", Hyeomin asked. 

 

"Uh, yeah, he's another brother of mine." I answered.

 

"Wow, I really need to know more of your family background." , she said.

 

"Oh, you met my brother." Sungyeol said. "I'm more handsome, right?" , he asked. He then gave a wink.

 

Hyeomin laughed. "Nope. I have high standards." She then looked at our faces. "Now that I think of it, all of you don't really look alike." , she said.

 

"We know." , we both said at the same time.

 

"Enough talking, " ,Sunggyu said. "Look there." He pointed at somewhere.

 

Woohyun smirked. "It's 'Mute'." Mute? Who's 'Mute'?

 

"We'll get going now." Woohyun said. "We have something to do. Bye."

 

"Annyeong, girls." Sungyeol said. "Goodbye , Jiae." , he said as he ruffled her hair. Then, they all left.

 

"Yah, do you know who 'Mute' is?", Hyeomin asked. Jiae and I shook our heads.

 

Mute? I hear Sungyeol say that name a couple of times in the house. Probably someone they tease. I looked at the direction where they said Mute was. I looked around until I meet a pair of eyes. But it was only for a second. He left his table and headed to the cafeteria doors. I see Sungyeol and the rest going to the same direction.

 

He's Mute.

 

 

 


Updated!

I'm trying my best to introduce the other characters first.

If this chapter is boring, I'm sorry. Please understand.

Thank you for reading!

 

Please comment~