Best Friend.

Weeping Best Friend.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being his best friend did have it's benefits.

But her feelings towered those benefits which made her go downfall.

She knew he would only see her as his best friend he cared for. But she hoped to be noticed more than as how he viewed her.

But the odds were never by her side, and she found herself as the special bridesmaid beside the altar. She had always dreamed to be a beautiful bridesmaid noticed by everyone when walking the grand hall towards the altar.

But this time, her heart broke a bit in every step she took. Holding in the tears, Sulli hided the emotions with a small smile. Yes, she had wished to be a bridesmaid, but not his bridesmaid. She was going through a living nightmare she had dreamed many times.

Standing besides the groom, Sulli bowed before giving him a hug of congratulation. Hugging tighter than usual, Sulli took each second in the embrace deep into her heart. Each second was precious. 

Slowly letting him go, Sulli forced a smile when she viewed his uncrotollable smile as wide as it can be. Not even himself could remove that idiotic smile he had in happiness. 

"Congratulations." Sulli said simply with best efforts of not breaking down any moment now.

Nodding, her best friend patted her head affectionately. 

She had to be happy for him. Her being in depression had no right for having him locked in her fingers, he deserved being happy for all the kindness he has given out to her and to everyone around him. She couldn't bring him down with her.

But hearing the vows and 'I do's' being spoken out by him and his soon-to-be companion in life, made her grip the flower bouquet tighter in her grasp.

"Mrs. Yuri. Mr. Minho. You are now declared married. You may kiss the bride."

Letting a single tear fall to the sacred carpet of the church, Sulli quickly wiped it away. But the downcasted expression couldn't be more obvious than it was.

But still handling a small smile, Sulli viewed in pain as he slowly leaned towards the bride for a deep kiss.

'Be happy, Oppa. You deserve it.'

She believed they were happy, she really did. She remembered the un-wanted day where she witnessed him confessing his love for her with much romantic affection that even she couldn't deny. She was tricked on how deeply in love they seemed to be.

However, how could their marriage only last a mere of six months? Didn't they vow to live their lives together no matter what?

Sulli wasn't decisive on who should she try to give some support and company Yes, Minho was her best friend since primary school. But Yuri had also become a very close friend to Sulli once Minho had introduced her to Yuri. Yuri had been a wonderful, loyal girlfriend, fiancee, and bride. Yuri was also a very nice person to get along, not like Minho's past girlfriends who wouldn't approve of his close friendship with Sulli, Yuri was perfectly fine with that. And Sulli felt grateful for that. Yuri had actually taken the time to get to know Sulli every once in a while, which caused a friendship to be created between them.

Nonetheless, Sulli picked to give Yuri the support she needed besides Minho. She knew Yuri was hurting deep inside, ten times more depressed than Minho who seemed to be as good as new. Besides, Minho was out as a single handsome male needing attention, he probably had tons of females throwing themselves over him. She didn't desire to be one of those desperate women, even if she was from the inside.

It had been three months since their documents of divorce, and Sulli found herself sitting besides the quiet Yuri who had thanked her multiply for her company that was much needed from her. After the first weeks of much boxes of tissues and buckets of tears, Sulli had sadly handled the situation with bare arms.

"Do you know why we divorced?" Yuri suddenly asked as she placed her tea cup softly on the wooden table of the quiet coffee shop.

Taking a simple sip, Sulli only raised her eyebrow for a reply.

"We kept arguing for every single thing. It was as if he was forced to marry me, he didn't even have the passion towards our marriage since week one. After our first month, our marriage went chaotic. Now that I see things different, I love being divorced. I was getting white hairs from so much stress dealing with him."

Furrowing her eyebrows, Sulli's eyes showed of a cloud of astonishment. She had a hard time aprehending their different relationship. "Why did you argue frequently?" Sulli quietly asked as she poured another packet of sugar onto her coffee.

Shrugging, Yuri simply shook her head. "Disagreements."

Reasoning it was something personal, she simply gave a nod of her head with a statement to change the subject which soon died down.

Later that night after Sulli entered her complex of apartment, she noticed a simple white envelope with a bright red ribbon placed neatly before her door. Reaching for it, she noticed her name written in the elegant cursive font that slowly made her hands tremble at the sudden warning going through her body.

The warning being correct, she once again felt that crack of her heart going deeper than before.

It was a new announcement of a new wedding ceremony, in which she was once again selected for the main bridesmaid. But the names plastered in the center of the invitation made her trembling fingers slowly rip the invitation into pieces.

With the names of Choi Minho, and one of her closest friends, Bae Suzy being ripped into pieces, Sulli's heart also broke into multiple pieces.

Once again feeling the sudden flush of depression going into her body, she slowly began to dial the awaiting confirmation of a plane ticket.

Sulli did not have the hateful heart to not attend their wedding.

And finding herself once again witnessing his second marriage, Sulli kept going with the facade of her 'happiness' towards his decisions. But deep inside, she knew how much of a coward she was for not doing anything about her feelings. Sulli didn't have the guts to confront him. Eitherways, he will only see her as his little best friend that had no deep feelings for him. That was all there is.

Grateful for Yuri's sudden hand of comfort to her shoulder, Sulli smiled weakly towards the man's ex-wife.

However, this time, Sulli did not have the enough strong energy to keep up with her fake attitude. She silently let the small tears go down from her eyes and drip from her chin when she viewed the ecstastic couple walk out the altar with the new bride being carried by her best friend.

Having Yuri to hug the broken woman, she silently soothed the girl. There was no denial in how much the girl loved the man, and how much she regretted being part of giving the girl deep scars inside her.

Sulli silently wept inside the now, empty church with her grasp tight onto the older woman's body. 

"Why can't it be me for once?" Sulli silently whispered between tears with her face dugged deep into Yuri's chest.

Sighing in guilt, Yuri only shook her head. The answer was for her to realize.

Sulli knocked on the apartment's door before backing away like a coward. 

Even though, she didn't have the single desire to pay them a visit, she knew there could be misunderstandings if she left everyone with goodbye's except them.

"Oh, Jinri!" Suzy wrapped the girl in a welcoming hug before inviting the nervous girl into her newly-wed home.

"Hi Suzy." Sulli said quietly with a small smile.

Inviting the girl for a beverage, Sulli accepted politely with a bit of small talk. Chatting simple subjects, Sulli felt a bit relaxed when she was revealed to the news where Minho was currently at the Music Industry. 

"So...I heard from a little bird that you decided to take a leave to the U.S?" Suzy brought the dreadful conversation up when she viewed the girl trying to avoid getting near the subject.

Sulli exhaled a sharp breath and avoided eye contact. "Yes, I think I need a small vacation from Seoul. I love it here, but I need to get myself together from some personal issues." She explained in a fast speed to try and get over with it.

Taking her time for the information to sink in, Suzy bleamed a simple yet beautiful smile of her own. Suzy rose a suspicious eyebrow before plucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Ah, I see. And when are you planning to head off? I will surely miss you." Suzy sighed in disappointment when she realized her friend's departion would be missed.

Sulli also sighed, she didn't want this to happen either. But this was for her best. She was going through bad moments in Seoul, she needed to move on from her deep feelings and hopefully, get over her best friend. She began tapping her fingers in thought, when she reached for her plane ticket. She checked it with a slight hint of uncertainty before looking back up to her tall, beautiful friend. "I'm actually departing tonight, at approximately eleven p.m." She focused her eyes on the girl who suddenly gasped.

Covering in politeness, Suzy gained back her manners. "Pardon me, but Sulli...Are you trying to avoid your best friend?"

Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, she slowly shook her head even though it was the complete opposite of what she had in mind. "Why?"

Suzy clicked her tongue. "Minho gets out from work at ten thirty, and you'll be leaving at eleven. You can't possible wait for him all these hours, you'll end up missing your flight."

Laughing a bit, Sulli scratched her neck. She already knew his work hours, that's why she picked that time in order to not give him a farewell. It would be less painful for her. "I know. I was kind of hoping you could just tell him I stopped by and didn't make it to give him my goodbye." 

Suzy's eyes slightly widened. "But Jinri, you should know your own best friend. You know how much Minho will get depressed once he realizes you left and leaving farewell's to everybody except him."

Sulli sighed. "We aren't in the best terms right now. I hope you can understand that, and trust me. It will be better if I don't see him."

Suzy only sighed in annoyance. "Araso, I understand. It's business between you two, I am not the one in the friendship so I am not intervening."

Sulli smiled with an honest smile. Suzy was also a great friend, it was no wonder why Minho had selected her for his second bride. "Thank you, Suzy."

Nodding, Suzy resumed drinking her beverage with a bit of small chat every once in a while. When Sulli finished drinking her lemon tea, she noticed the time and gasped when she realized she hadn't packed her stuff. "Excuse me, Suzy. But I haven't prepared anything for my flight and I depart in less than five hours. You must please excuse me." Sulli bowed apologetically.

Nodding, Suzy waved her apology away. "No need to apologize. You have things to do, I understand. Thank you for bidding me a goodbye, it was nice seeing you after a long time."

Stepping towards the front door, Sulli nodded and embraced her friend in a deep hug. "I'll miss you." Suzy mumbled in the girl's crown.

Nodding, Sulli kissed Suzy's cheek in goodbye and began heading out the door. "I'll leave first then." Sighing, she began turning away from the apartment and into the elevator.

Sulli walked up to the receptionist's desk and handed the lady her plane ticket politely. "Sorry, when does the plane take off?" She slightly asked for assurance.

The young receptionist smiled and looked up towards Sulli. "Your flight takes off in approximately ten minutes. I recommend you begin to head towards your plane before you loose your spot." She slightly informed in an adviceful tone.

Bowing as a thank you, Sulli grabbed her suitcase handle and began rolling her luggage towards the direction where her entrance belonged. She took a deep breath and turned towards the grand glassed window one more time before leaving her childhood town.

'I will miss you, Seoul.' Sulli turned away from the view before she could end up giving up.

Grabbing the suitcase tight in her hand, Sulli decided to head towards her plane's entrance before she was suddenly stopped by the deep, yet gentle voice from her special someone.

"Sull?"

Snapping her eyes shut, Sulli sighed. 'Why do you this to me?' She knew ignoring him would not make any difference, and she slowly turned towards the male she dreaded to speak with. "Minho!" She feigned surprise and brought a complementing smile with her wave.

However, Minho crossed his arms in disappointment. "Were you planning to leave without a goodbye?"

Sulli sighed, she knew her best friend perfectly well. It was not a surprise how straightforward he was. She decided in avoiding his eyes and reply to his question. "Trust me, it would've been better that way."

She wasn't also surprised on how his curiousity escalated. "How?"

Snapping her eyes shut, She simply shook her head. "It's something I should only know. Now, I better go before my flight leaves." Pushing the words forcibly out of , she turned away from him. 

But being the fast insticted Minho that he was. Minho quickly grasped the girl's shoulder. "Why are you leaving, Sulli? Nobody wants you to leave, so why are you when there's not a single reason to."

She decided to ignore her best friend and keep her pace towards the plane's entrance. She knew she could spill anything out any moment now if she opened . 

Eitherways, she found herself being forcefully turned towards the angered male by his arm. "Answer me, Jinri."

She finally gave up with her efforts and stomped her foot in annoyance. "Leave me alone, I'm going to miss my flight!"

"Maybe I will if you would actually cooperate and answer me!"

Sulli finally found herself annoyed to the very edge of her patience, and burned her stare into his own. 

"Why are you leaving?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter