Sorry

The way to break up

Play the song THE WAY TO BREAK UP  If you want, play it again and again for effect :))


"Chaerin-ah!" Tao waved his hand above his head, trying to get my attention.

I spun my heel and turned towards him. He looks happy, but not for long. I smile at him but it isn't seen through my eyes.  I walked towards him slowly, taking in what I have to say. How I should say it, How he would take it.

"Annyeong" he said hugging me, I didn't hugged him back. This doesn't go unnoticed by him. "What's wrong"

I looked at him in the eye. I studied his face, his nose, his mouth, his body. He's healthy, strong. I envy him. I try to memorize everything before it ends. Before I realize its really over.

"What's wrong? You're scaring me" he said nervously

I hesitated "Let's break-up" I said my eyes cold, my face never showed any emotion except coldness.

"What? Stop joking, chaerin-ah! Its not funny!" he laughed nervously

"Im not joking" I said and looked him in the eye

He was silent, shocked. Who wouldn't be? We've been together for years, we've never fought or took advantage of each other. We loved each other.

"What?" he was still not understanding anything "Break-up?"

"Yes. Let's break-up" I said coldly

"Break-up?" he was slowly shaking his head "Break-up?"

"Yes! Break-up!" I shouted, irritated "We're OVER!"

"No" he was shaking his head violently, he's trying to hold back his tears but in the end it fell "You cant break-up with me! No!"

"Stop it Tao, You're only gonna hurt yourself more!" I said

"I dont care! I love you, Chaerin-ah... I know You love me too" he said trying to hold me but I struggled.

I didn't want to do this but I had to. I NEED to. If I dont do this know, he's just gonna be hurt more. I love him, but I cant be with him. Its not possible. Its hopeless...

"Dont you get it, tao? I dont love you anymore!" I said

"Is it because of what I've done? Is it because of me? Im sorry! I'll change myself, just tell me!" He shouted, more tears fell from his eye I wanted to wipe them so badly. To hold him close, but I cant. He's so near, yet so far "I'll change"

"Yes, maybe it is because of you!"I laughed, a bitter one. "I no longer have to follow you or any of your stupid rules! i no longer have to be worried to be seen with someone like you! I never have to be stuck with someone like you! And Im  no longer gonna be controlled!"

Lies. Im disgusted with myself. All lies. Lies. Lies. Lies.

"What?" he asked, his tears now falling aggresively  "I've never set any rules, I never controlled you! But if that's what you're upset about, Im sorry! I'll change! I'll trust you! I wont get jealous!"

 "You really dont get it dont you?!" I asked frustrated. I have to hurry up. I dont have much time.

"Yes! I dont get it" he shouted "We've been together for 6 years! 6 years Chaerin-ah! You cant possibly throw everything just because of that!"

"I can do that Tao! a relationship is about feeling the same way on what the other feels" I said "I dont love you anymore. Just go!"

"Just go?" He laughed bitterly "I cant let you go Chaerin. I WONT let you go!"

"Im sorry, but its over" I said, I tried to walk away but he pulled me towards him. His lips came in contact with my mine, but I didn't move. I didn't budge, Not because Im shocked but to show him that I dont want him. That I dont NEED him.

"So its really over?" he asked laughing bitterly. His tears fell aggresively, he avoided my gaze 

"Im sorry, that It had to end like this. Im sorry for everything. Someday maybe we'll see each other and be able to greet each other like we're friends tha---" he cutted me off

"Stop!" he yelled "I wont be able to do that, sorry. I love you too much to be able to just move on. You'll always be here" he yelled pointing at his chest "You'll always be that girl who broke my heart into pieces." he paused "And you'll always be that girl that I have loved with my whole heart."

He turned to walk away. Without another glance. Without another word. He just turned and left. Its my choice, but it hurts. It hurts so much. Its killing me. The tears I have been trying to stop fell. I fell to the ground, crying. I just broke up with him. I just threw everything down the drain. I just threw my happiness away. I just ed my life. But who cares? Im good as dead anyways. I wont be able to see anymore of him. I wont be able to see how hard everything is for him. I wont have to. No, I wouldn't. This is worst than dying. It hurts more than death. I hope God could just take my life away this instant, so that I dont have to feel anything anymore. I dont have to feel the pain. The coldness.

"You'll always be that girl who broke my heart into pieces."

"You'll always be that girl who broke my heart into pieces."

"You'll always be that girl who broke my heart into pieces."

His words keep on replaying in my mind. I cant get them out. It makes me cry more aggresively, making me gasp for hair. I was covering my mouth trying to control the loud sobs coming from my mouth, but it was of no use. I tried to remember his smile, but it only led to me crying more.

Im sorry, Tao. But I had to, its better that I broke up with you, than me hurting you with me being gone. Im sorry. I love you... My mind went blank, my breath stopped, until everything turned black. Im just here, lying in the cold hard ground...

....

"Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry! Chaerin-ah wake-up please! please! Dont leave me! You can do it" Tao, I hear him but I cant see him. Its dark. Cold. Where is he?! I wanna see him! 

"Im sorry, sir, but you cant come inside" a voice said

"No! I have to! I have to!" Tao screamed and screamed

"Sir, calm down. Please have a sit. You cant come with her" the voice says

"Chaerin-ah! Please! Please! Chaerin-ah!" I hear him, but he's getting far. He's voice turns small, like were miles apart.

Nothing

....

"Im sorry sir, but she is in a coma. We dont know how long she will be in that state. We can only wait" the doctor says

"Wait?" tao asked "You cant be serious! You're a in' doctor and you cant save her life?"

"Im sorry, sir" the doctor says, I heard the door close.

"Chaerin-ah" I felt someone hold my hand and touch my cheek "Please wake-up. please. Im sorry." I can feel thet he's crying "Why didn't you tell me you were sick?!" He cried more aggresively "I could have helped you through out everything" he said "Please wake up... Please"