一) Once Upon A Time

Romeo and Cinderella

O N C E  U P O N  A  T I M E


     At a street lined with various types of coffee shops and bakeries...

The smell of freshly baked bread and cheerful laughter wafted in the morning air. In this particular street where modern is yet to be discovered, 1900's music blasted out from crowded CD stores and the tinkling and dingeling of bicycle bells was a common find here. And here is where the two wealthy Jung Sisters lived after the death of their beloved mother. But other than Jung Jessica and Jung Krystal also lived their stepbrother Xi Luhan.

Everyday, he would wake up to the usual high-pitched voices of Krystal, and if it wasn't her, it must be Jessica which was double the annoyance. "Wake up, twerk!" the common phrase of Krystal was spoken as she barged in Luhan's door, located in the small crammed up room which was once a store.

Luhan was already up in bed even before Krystal was awake. He knew what to expect. Krystal cackled as she joined her sister downstairs, maybe making another plan on how to make his life even more worse, just as he thought it was enough.

He already changed his clothes so all he got to do is just head down the white painted stairs to the wooden table. "Where's breakfast, filth?" Jessica shouted at him, with a mocking tone concealed in it. Both of them laughed rather loudly. Luhan bowed his head and remembering his manners, "Sorry..." But the sisters weren't done yet. "So what? Get our breakfast ready then!" Krystal ordered.

The kitchen was right before him. The stove, microwave, sink, all of the kitchen supplies were all there. Luhan prepared two cups of coffee and toasted bread with an egg as a side. It was indeed delicious, but not delicious enough for Krystal and Jessica.

Just as they were about to put the food in their mouths, Krystal bellowed, "Eww! Disgusting! I don't want to eat this anymore!" Jessica agreed in disgust. And without another word, they left, their freshly cooked breakfast still lying on the table. But that was good luck for Luhan because he got to eat the food once they were gone.

 

   Outside the Jung Sisters' house...

Oh Sehun, the filthy rich boy from the city was here to visit the country. It brought a sense of warmth and relaxation to him. It has been a while since he rode a horse at the stables. It was quite different from riding a car. After visiting a few places, he and his father spent some time at the coffee shop, where they discovered that coffee made from the country were more delicious from the city's usual artificial flavour.

Sehun lifted his head to look at his father. "Dad, I've been wanting to ask you this," he gave a short pause. "What if our company goes bankrupt?" Yes it was indeed on the verge of receiving failure. After a long moment of silence, his father answered, " Don't worry about that son. I'll settle it."

I knew it. I knew he was going to say that. It's like the only thing he ever says. Sehun thought to himself. It was not that he was anxious at his father, but it was that he was worried. Sehun's father was not keeping up on his health. Proof? The coughs, the memory loss, the difficulty in hearing, it all proves that he was growing older. Sehun ought to ask another question but failed to do so.

How could father settle matters if he was in an unhealthy state?

But then he calmed down, took a sip of his coffee, sat back on the chair and shifted his thoughts to something other than the company's risks of bankruptcy or anything that is related to money.

Then he remembered Tiffany. All alone in the city. With no one to lean on to.

Maybe she could find someone else to love. Sehun didn't care. Honestly, he hated Tiffany. She was too clingy, too over-protective, too... annoying. Sehun took one last sip to finish his coffee.

He had a lot to think about after this vacation.


lol. sorry for a such a super-short chapter. Trust me guys I have, like, a schedule and time limits for everything. blablabla ok off to the topic. so this chapter is just a short introduction about a day in the life of luhan and sehun's trip to the country, which also happens to be the place where luhan is. i hope you enjoy reading this cuz hey i spent a decade typing this all right? /smacked

- xoxo, idealogist