Super Junior

The Last Men Standing

The small ray of sun shimmers with the morning sight, inflowing the tiny lid beneath the window frame. The sound of bees buzzing through the meadow of stars and the yellow of light, showing off its beauty like no other. And the sound of crystal clear water hitting the drain at a constant beat, making all troubled-hearts come to a serene.

 

Everything was beautiful.

 

That was what Park Leeteuk has always believed.That even though life has its ups and downs. Its troubles and hardships. It’s bad and vice. It was always beautiful. Spectacular even. Ergo, if we really put our thoughts into it, if we really think literally of the situation, we would eventually came to a realization that,

 

What would life really be if everything were to be just, perfect?

What would it be like if everything was always so organized and so well-manufactured?

Without a single flaw.

What would that be like?

 

 

Really, sometimes, the imperfection is perfection itself.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It has been 8 years.

8 whole years.

However, the memories of before was still fresh in his mind.

How could it not be ?

Before his 8 years of glory, no, ‘their’ 8 years of glory, hardship was a very familiar word in their lexicon. They had to go through so many things to stand where they stood now. What they have now was not something that fell off of the sky. It was their own sweat and tears that brought them to the glory they are so currently proud of. That’s just how life works. You gain and you lose. To achieve something, you have to give up another. To be where they are now, they had to give up so many things. Experienced so many rejections and hatery. That is just the fundamental of living. You just cannot have it all.

Leeteuk quickly hopped into the car that was park at the front gate of his camp. He was late. Very late. He was in such a rush that he didn’t even look to his left or to his right. All he could think of was the destination he was heading to. All he could think of was the date of today. However, from his peripheral vision, he could see hundreds of sapphire blue in all different kinds of form. He silently cursed himself for being such ignorance as he let down his car window and showed off his adorable dimples. Smiling brightly at the crowd of people he knew very well that he will treasure always deep inside his heart.

 

Today was an important day.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As Leeteuk continued to drive along the empty road he began to recall some of his reminiscences from before.

The first time he met s was one of the most memorable experiences in his life. Heechul, was quite the diva. The latter did not even care about other people but himself. However, as he got to know him, he realized how caring Heechul really is despite his appearance. And the same goes for the other members. They all have a special place inside his heart. They’ve all grown and mature in so many ways. Sungmin, who was quiet but began to open himself more with the passing time. Hangeng, who was always so calm and protective of those close to his heart. Shindong, who he sure, was the most talented person he had ever met. Kangin, who was always very strong and kind. Donghae, who was so innocent, he’d sworn himself to always be there for him and care for him with all his heart. Eunhyuk, the best dancer ever and one that will always show off his gummy smile. Kibum, who was always quiet but would always be there when needed. Yesung, who was the oddest, most weirdest person he had ever met. Siwon, who he thought was on another level with his handsome features. Ryeowook, who was always sweet and put others first before himself. And lastly, Kyuhyun, the best magnae one could ever wish for.

 

They were all important to him.

All of them.

And even after all these years, they still are.

 

Leeteuk smiled as he got off the car. The sight in front of him was one he was very familiar with. He looked around his surrounding for a brief second as he closed his eyes, letting the calm morning breeze brushed off his face.

 

‘Teukie hyung!’ Ryeowook greeted the older man with a warm smile.

‘Welcome home, we’ve missed you.’ He added as he hugged him tight.

 

‘Glad to be back. Even if for just one day.’ Leeteuk replied him with a chuckle.

 

‘Who cares!’ Came a voice from the hallway.

‘Even if it’s just one day, it’s still something.’

'You know, you should thank the army for cutting you some slacks today.'

 

Leeteuk let out a small laugh.

 

‘You’re right Chullie. As always. It’s still something.’

'And yes, I owe the world to them.'

 

'Ah! Teukie hyung you're here already!' Donghae who came from God-knows-where leaped happily as he hugged the latter.

'I'm so glad that you could make it!'

'This is just perfect! Everyone is already here.'

 

'Hello Donghae.' Leeteuk greeted the other warmly.

'I'm glad too.'

'WAIT.' His eyes went round as he said this word.

'Everyone's here ?'

 

'That's right! Isn't it great?' Eunhyuk uttered as he walked out of the kitchen followed by Yesung, Shindong, Kibum, Siwon and Kyuhyun.

'Well, except for Hangeng hyung but he said he'll call so that'll make things up.'

'Ouh, Henry and Zhoumi called early this morning so you should call them back later hyung.'

'AND YES, Yesung hyung got permission too hyung so he's here anddddd behold! Our precious little actor here also took the time to come.' He added as he shoved Kibum towards Leeteuk.

 

Kibum rolled his eyes as he bowed to their leader.

 

'It's been a while hyung. How are you?'

 

'Come here.' Leeteuk merely responded as he pulled the younger man into a hug.

'I've missed you.'

 

'I've missed you too hyung.' 

 

 

Soon, the rest of the members joined the crowd, exchanging hugs and laughing with one other. It was really one of those warm sights.

 

 

'Happy 8th Anniversary everyone!' Leeteuk yelled loudly followed by cheers and laughters.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The cool breeze of air felt refreshing as they listened to the sound of the crystal clear water lightly hitting the edge of some rocks. This was the place of memories. It was the very place where they let out all of their anger and frustrations. It was the place where they come to find peace and the place they would go whenever they needed some time to themselves. But most importantly, it was the place where they had spend time together, during their early years. It was a place where they shared so many things with one another.

 

Everything felt calm and soothing.

 

'Doesn't it makes you wonder, that no matter how long it has been, the Han River will always look so beautiful?' Ryeowook uttered breaking their silence.

 

'It does,' Kyuhyun responded.

'But it makes me glad, that it didn't change.'

'I like it just the way it is.'

 

'True, there were a lot of memories here. Good one, bad one, funny ones, stupid ones...' Kangin said with a chuckle. 

 

'Totally.' Eunhyuk agreed with a nod.

'Remember the time when Ryeowook cried his heart out here?'

'He wouldn't stop crying, the little baby!' He added teasingly.

 

'Hyung that's mean! I am not a BABY!' Ryeowook pouted causing huge chuckles and laughters.

 

'Then, Leeteuk hyung bought him Jajangmeyeon to him feel better yes I do.' Yesung said with a grin.

'Ouh! AND of course that time when Eunhyuk strip his clothes off and wore only a boxer because of the 'Truth and Dare' game!' He then laughed out loud followed by the others.

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

 

'It was Donghae's fault that I had to choose the dare! He made me!'

 

'I did not!' Donghae protested.

'Okay, maybe I did.' He said with a smirk.

'But that was only because you lost our bet the day before!'

 

'Hyukjae has such bad lucks before it's ridiculous!' Siwon said with a small laugh.

'Ahh the good times.'

 

'Okay okay, can we all stop talking about ME?' 

 

'Hmmm, do guys still remember that night?' Sungmin suddenly spoke. They all looked at him knowingly.

 

'Of course we do.' Shindong replied. His eyes looking far into the distance.

'It was the one of the most special memories to me.'

 

'Me too.' Kibum nodded his head.

'Honestly, it is still fresh in my mind.'

'It was the night where I first felt like we've become one.'

 

'We cried a lot didn't we?' Kyuhyun's voice was low but they've all heard.

 

'We did.' Leeteuk answered him.

'There were just so many things that was going on the emotions just, build up.'

'It was hard, wasn't it?'

 

'It was. Nobody knew who we were. Bothered to what we're doing. We felt like nothing because no matter how hard we try people still rejected us.' Donghae  uttered as he recalled the memories of the night.

'It was stressful. We were near to giving up that time, weren't we?'

 

'But we didn't and that's the most important thing.' Heechul was smiling warmly as he said this.

 

They all nodded and looked at each other with warm smiles.

 

'You guys know something?' Ryeowook spoke out. He was closing his eyes but his stance was calm and collective.

'I'm glad that you guys are my brothers and members.'

'I'm glad I've met you guys.'

 

'Likewise.' Was all they could respond as they were completely touched by Ryeowook's words.

 

'We'd be nothing without any of us.' Heechul then expressed proudly.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The sun was almost set and the birds were flying up in the sky, returning to their home and youngs. Despite that, thirteen men was standing  proudly side by side as, they continued to enjoy the view of the river that has always been beautiful in their opinion.

 

'8 years huh?' Kyuhyun uttered in a quiet voice.

'It's been such a long journey.'

 

'Yeah....' Eunhyuk agreed.

'I wonder...where will we go...from now ?'

'What will happen next year and the next years to come?'

'Would we still be together?'

'Would Super Junior still exists?'

 

'What a silly thing to say.' Heechul said to the younger. They turned their heads and looked at him.

'Of course we would still be together.' He continued. His arms folded nicely under chest.

'I mean, yeah, things would change, some of us will get married and live seperately and all.'

'But, no matter what happens, we would still be together.'

'We would always be Super Junior.'

 

'We are, after all, the last men standing.'

 

They all chuckled at Heechul's last words, but they couldn't agree more. They would always be together.

 

'The last men standing huh.' Leeteuk said with a smile.

 

 

'I guess, we'll see where life takes us.'

'But no matter what, as long as we're together, we would always be...'

 

 

'SUPER JUNIOR.'

 

 

'THE LAST MEN STANDING.'

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to apologise for posting this fics a few days late.

This whole week has been filled with assignments and tests that I completely forgot about this particular fic *bows down*.

Anyways, I would love to read your comments so do leave some.

Thanks for reading! ;)

 

OUH AND, 

 

HAPPY 8TH ANNIVESSARY TO OUR BELOVED SUPER JUNIOR! <3

 

Much love,

Haruhi