Final

Cherry Blossom

(Junhyung POV)

Dear Yong Junhyung,

                   It's Goo Hara.I hope you still remember me.Summer in Tokyo is really hot.You're not fainting in this hot summer, right? Our last meeting was at the elementary school graduation. Half a year has passed since then. Hey, Junhyung ah... do you still remember me?

I fold her letter and put it inside my pocket. How... how can I forget you, Hara?

Dear Yong Junhyung,

                   Continued from last letter. Thanks for your reply, I was so happy. Without realizing, autumn has arrived. The maple leaves are very beautiful here.How autumn in Korea?

I put her letter at the side of my table and started to write a reply for her.

Dear Yong Junhyung,

                     It's snowing really hard today. I have to go to school eith heavy equipment. I heard that you're going to Tokyo tomorrow. As promised, I'll wait for you at Sakura Station,7 pm. Be careful.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was in 3rd grade, I transfer to a school in Busan. a few days later, Hara transfered to the same school. Because of our small and weak body, we prefer going to the library instead the school's ground. I thing that Hara and me are similar. Well, Hara likes fiction books, just like me. We always talked about the books we've read after school. Before when we're being bullied by our classmates because we're always together, I didn't feel afraid at all. Maybe because our feelings are the same?

Then, when I was in 6th grade, a day after school has ended, I gota call from Hara.

"Junhyung ah, I'm sorry... We can't go to the same school anymore." her voice sound so sad, somehow." I really wanted to go to the same school as you, but I have to move to Japan next week, following my parents that got transfered there. I said to my mom that i can go to school by bus, and live by myself. But she said I am too young... I'm sorry..." "It's okay, its okay. you don't have to apologize..." i couldn't take it anymore. Her voice sound so hurting in my ears. she said sorry for the last time before hanging up. After that, Hara went to continue her study in Japan, and I move to Seoul.

Today I'll be meeting with Hara for the first time in half a year. I took the earliest flight and arrive in Japan at 3pm. I took a train to Sakura station. I thought that I can arrive at 5pm, but because of the heavy and thick snow, the train stopped at each station for 1 hour. after a few station, I am finally towards Sakura Station. it's already 8pm. I hope she didn't get mad. A sudden stop startled me. " Attention, Attention to all passenger, I'm sorry for the sudden stop, but we're stuck in the thick snow. I believe we can continue our journey in 15 minutes." But that 15 minutes change to 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour. by the time I arrive at sakura Station, It's already 10.30pm.

I search for her at the Sakura Station, but I didn't found her. Maybe she's gone back home... I thought. When  I am about to board the train, I spot her sitting on a chair in the corner. "Hara?" she turned her head in shocked. When she saw me, she burst into tears. " I... I thought that you never came..." she said between the sobs. "I'm sorry, please don't cry.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Junhyung ah, do you still remenber? This cherry blossom tree..." Hara"s hand slowly touch the tree. "yes, I remember." how can I forget? This is where we made our promise. The only difference between that time and now are the falling snow. " It is a shame that we can't watch the cherry blossom bloom." Her face shows dissappointment, yet she still smile. Her lips became crimson red because of the snow." Hara..." she looked at me and we engaged in a kiss that is pure as the white snow. deep down in my heart, I can sense that this will be our last meeting.

I open my eyes as the alarm clock disturb me from my sleep. I turned it off and get ready to go to work. I've dreamed about the past again... It has been 10 years since then. I looked at the window and saw the falling snow. just like that day... I put on my jacket and headed to the door. As I open it, I believe, that Hara and me will watch the cherry blossom together.... someday.