Happy Birthday, Snoopy – Vol. II

Happy Birthday, Snoopy – Vol. II

Henry smiled at the camera of his cell phone which his friend was taking a photo of the birthday boy and his cake with. Well, you should call Henry a man by now – he became 24 years old, after all.

“Let me see,” he said and got up from the table he sat on, walking over to his friend to grab his phone and to take a look at the photo. A grin appeared on his lips, and he nodded. “Great, thanks!”

“No worries, man. I'll head out for a bit, see you later.”

“Right.” Henry turned back to the table and looked down at the cake again. While viewing the picture of Snoopy as well as the message “Happy Birthday Henry, 1-4-3”, both written on the cake, the grin on the young man's lips got a little wider. It really made him happy to have so many people supporting and cheering for him – fans, friends, family.

Due to his promotions for his upcoming drama, Henry didn't have the time to meet up with a lot of friends for his birthday this year – which was okay, but there was this one certain person he really would have wanted to spend some time with on this day. But that person must be very busy as well, since they didn't even send him a text or anything yet. And Henry doubted that they forgot his birthday.

Or, did they? Henry pulled his cell phone out of his trouser pocket. He did receive some texts and messages, but not from that one person. “Well,” he muttered to himself, “the day's not over yet, right?”

“Right,” a familiar voice answered his question behind him, “but why the hell are you talking to yourself?”

With a raised brow, Henry quickly turned around and widened his eyes a little.

There she was.

“Amber?! How did you – … I didn't know you were coming.” It was obvious how confused he was about her sudden appearance. The smile on his lips also made it obvious though that he was really happy to see her. He always was.

“That's some nice greeting,” Amber replied – and then stepped closer to wrap one arm around the taller one's neck. “Did you really think I'd forget your birthday, dude?”

“Well, no.” Henry chuckled and returned the girl's hug right away. “But I didn't think you'd actually come to see me either.”

“Why wouldn't I? You're my Snoopy,” she said and pulled back to grin up at him. “Also, I got you something.”

Henry raised now both his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side. “Yeah? You got me something?”

“Uh huh. Even though,” she added and glared a little, “you still didn't get my that guitar for my birthday.”

“Oh, – I mean, you're still gonna get that one. I promise.” Henry lifted a hand to rub the back of his neck and gave her a shy smile. He didn't forget about that, of course. But he somehow wanted to give her that guitar when they had a moment alone with each other – which they barely had.

Although, now that he thought of it – suddenly there was no one else except the two of them present in the room.

Henry frowned a little, but then turned back to Amber. “So, what do you got for me, eh?”

“Well ...” A little grin played around her lips – and she suddenly lowered her voice a little when answering his question. “You said I'm like Stitch, didn't you?”

“What – … Yes, that's right,” he answered, blinking in confusion. What was this about? And why did Amber seem to be so … shy?

“So …” Amber hesitated for a second before she finally exposed the little present she held in her hand which she was hiding behind her back all the time. “Here.” It was a plushie of Stitch.

Henry curiously looked down at it and slowly took it in his hands before he looked back at Amber again. “You ... give me a plushie of Stitch?”

Amber gripped her lower lip between her teeth and nodded. “Yes.”

“And why's that?”

The girl closed her eyes for a moment, and Henry suddenly felt like this question was exactly what Amber was so nervous about.

“I just – … Well, I thought that – ...” Amber sighed and rolled her eyes, clearing her voice before she finally gave him a proper answer. “So I could always be with you. There. I said it.”

Henry watched her with an amused grin on his face while she struggled to find the right words – and when she did so, it was his turn to become speechless for a second. “So you could … always be with me?”

Amber laughed a little and nodded. “Yeah. We all know you need my company sometimes, don't we?” Saying that, she lifted her hand to flick Henry's forehead – but before she could do so, he suddenly wrapped his fingers around her wrist.

“You're right,” he said with a lowered voice until a smile crept up on his lips. “I do.”

The girl's eyes widened a little at her friend's reaction, but when hearing his words she couldn't do anything but smile as well. “Then I had a great idea again, huh.”

“You can say that, yeah.”

“Happy Birthday, Snoopy.”

“Thank you, Stitch.”

Henry didn't let go of Amber's wrist, but she didn't mind at all. And for a moment, they did nothing but stand there and smile at each other.