The other half

The Angel
The Angel
 
Every human that someday is going to live on earth has the chance to become an angel.
But it is possible that an angel can be turned into a human, too.
That is what happened to Chanyeol.
 
When Chanyeol lived on earth he was a communicative, handsome young man who has spent his life to cheer up his friends when they were feeling sad and of cause, he had a lot of fun to do what he wanted to do.
 
His dream came true when he was allowed to enter the Korean pop band named EXO. He was able to fly around the world to show the people his talent in singing and rapping with his eleven beloved members and friends. He was so proud when he saw all the fans screaming in excitement and calling their names to support them. It could not have been better.
 
But what was it that destroyed Chanyeol more and more, although he had lots of those pretty moments?
 
Chanyeol showed everyone that he was a nice and funny boy, even though he just met that someone a few minutes ago. He is happy every time and cute when he ‘is out of it’, what happens often sometimes. Chanyeol is everything except being dumb. His pure and big smile is ubiquitous. Everyday he sees how much the people around him do their best to get to that point on which he is already standing. He sees them falling in love, breaking up again, getting hurt or even die. Preferably Chanyeol would scream it all out at the top of his lungs but he forbid himself losing his face in front of the people he loves so much. He cannot show how he feels inside. How he looks inside.
Not now.
Not here.
 
He is working so hard that he forgets to think about his pain. He wants to show it. That he can do it. That one can trust him.
 
One day he had dance training with s for the next World Tour. They should travel to Europe, too, and visit at least three countries. Germany was one of them.
He was so nervous he did not realize that his body fought against his brain, against the stress and effort with all its strength.
“Chanyeol, are you okay? You look like you’re about to faint!” Luhan stopped dancing. He is standing right in front of Chanyeol. When he saw his face he could not dance along.
“W-what? I’m fine. Don’t you worry…” Then everything went black.
 
 
Yelling, voices, and noises he could not dedicate. Light, very bright light. Chanyeol tried to move but his body was paralyzed. He opened his eyes a slit and saw… that light. There seems to be neither a beginning nor an ending of it. He carefully tried to lift himself up to get into a sitting position and noticed, that when he tried he felt dizzy.
Beneath him was… nothing. Nothing at all. It was dark. And he sat on the ground inside of that bright light.
“Am I dead?” he asked inside this weird room. If one can call it ‘a room’.
“No.” answered a voice. A female, soft voice.
Chanyeol stood up and walked around himself in a circle. Where does this voice come from?
“Who are you?”
“Nice question.”
She obviously did not want to say the answer.
“Ok… another question. Where are you? Or better, where are we?”
There! He recognizes a figure getting sharper from one second to another. Not sharp in the meaning of ‘hot‘
She was very pretty. Long dark Hair falling soft from her shoulders, big dark eyes with a soft expression looking at him. The nicely curved lips showed a little smile. She was wearing a big dress flattering her body.
“We, my dear, are in the void.”
“Well, the void it is.” Chanyeol repeated.
“Yes, the void. On the one hand it is dark. On the other it is bright. It is not loud but it is not quiet, too.”
“Oh a riddle! I love riddles!” Chanyeol was clapping his hands and looked at the woman with expecting eyes.
Somehow confused she looked around.
“So… how did you get here anyway?” she asked him.
“There’s no riddle?” Chanyeol started to pout and shoved his lower lip.
“Sweety, I’m no good with riddles. So do you know how you got here?”
“Good question, next question. I don’t know anything. I only know that I had dance training with my members a moment ago and then everything went black. And now I’m here.”
The woman clapped her hands twice and the surrounding changed. Now they were no longer in the that void but in a hospital.
 
“W-wait. T-that isn’t… me?”
Chanyeol was stuttering in fear. He does not believe that he was the one lying there.
“I’m sorry to disappoint you. After you lost your awareness you felt worse every next day that was coming. Your friends were visiting you every day they had free time. Your manager however changed the schedule of you to not coming with the others to perform on that World Tour.”
“And how long ago was that?” Chanyeol’s voice was shaking.
“Two months.”
“Two months?!” His voice broke. “I’m lying inside this hospital for two months now?! While I’m obviously unconscious? My life just ends…”
“It’s not happening to most of the people to check it that fast as you did.” The woman answered drily.
Shock was written on Chanyeol’s face. He did not realize the teardrops falling from his chin.
“I will never ever see my friends again…” He sniffled and wiped his face with the back of his hands.
“Well, now you are still able to choose. Either you fight and survive or you surrender and watch everything you will never experience from up here.”
“Up?”
“Yes, actually we aren’t in the void or the hospital. This actually is heaven.”
“But I’m not dead at all!” Chanyeol protested.
Suddenly there was a spasm in his chest and he could not move anymore.
“That is the competitive spirit I was missing!” The woman said and disappeared.
Another spasm in his chest. It was so heavy that Chanyeol was carried off his feet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yeollie? Chanyeollie? Are you awake? Please say something…” It was Baekhyun. He sounded tearstained.
“Hmm… only five more minutes…” Chanyeol answered and Baekhyun sigh of relief.
In the next moment someone stole his blanket from his face. Soft lips were placed on Chanyeol’s temple. Now he was fully awake. He blushed madly.
“But Hyunnie what are you doing…” Chanyeol said with his husky voice. When he noticed Baekhyun’s raddled look on his face, he lost his voice.
He was not the only one standing around Chanyeol’s bed. The others were there, too.
“Hey you, how do you feel?” Kris said and carefully punched Chanyeol’s shoulder.
“Why are you all here?” Chanyeol confusedly asked and frowned.
Silence was spreading through the room. No one wanted to start talking.
Then Kai was brave enough to start. “So, you really can’t remember?”
Chanyeol was shaking his head in agreement. He did not know why in the whole world he was lying in a bed in the hospital.
 
“You collapsed. Then you were on a coma. That is two months ago now… Can’t you remember our dance training? Luhan asked you if everything was alright right before you lost your awareness…”
Now there was this click and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.
Then everything that lady said is true!
“He remembers!” Luhan whispered and smiled.
“But I have to say that it is great that you remember anything anyway. Do you know who we are?” Kris asked.
“Nope. Bacon, Dancing Machine, Ayo Whaddup Krease…”
“Ah would you please stop it!” Baekhyun chuckled and all started to laugh. But Chanyeol stopped smiling when he felt that strange spasm in his chest again. It was not as strong as it was back then, but strong enough for him to notice.
 
A few days later in the hospital under observation Chanyeol was allowed to go back to the dorm. It was a strange feeling. He was happy, but otherwise… This weird meeting he had, whether real or unreal niggled him.
It was the first night for him sleeping in his own bed again. It felt good. Familiar surroundings, familiar scents had wiled him awake from sleeping.
He slowly stood up and got ready for the day. Few minutes later he was sitting on the kitchen table reading the newspaper.
“Oh no… someone jumped off a bridge again…”
The others were casting a worried glance at each other.
“Maybe you shouldn’t read that, Yeollie…” Luhan said and tried to get the newspaper off my hands.
“Why? What’s standing in that article?” He overflew the sentences and his nice red face color changed to pale.
“T-they can’t be serious about that!” There was standing in all seriousness that he, Chanyeol, was the one that jumped off a bridge.
“W-what is this ???”
“Chanyeol you misunderstand… The media totally got it wrong! Our manager hyung explained that you were not in the condition to perform. The media wrote everything to shellac us… They wrote it was our fault you fell in a coma and that it’s not impossible that something like that could happen.” Suho explained.
Yes, the leader of EXO-K tried to calm Chanyeol down. But instead he got really angry.
“I’m going to that media right now and complain!” Chanyeol already stood up and was running to the door ready to take off until Kris stopped him.
“Don’t worry, Yeollie. I already clarified everything. Our manager knows and already complained to the chef of the newspaper. That, what has happened that time and what is written down that newspaper only causes us to earn a bad name. However we luckily don’t have that naive fans and friends to believe that .” He stopped to loudly breathe out. Kris softly laid his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders.
“I’m just glad that you’re well again…” Kris whispered before he pulled Chanyeol in a big hug.
Without he could have done something, Chanyeol started to cry and took a firmer grip on Kris’ shirt.
“Crying is tiring… I’m going to the toilet…” Chanyeol said a while after he stopped crying to Kris’ shoulder. They had sat down on the next sofa.
Kris looked after him worried and fixed his shirt.
 
Chanyeol washed his face with cold ice water and looked at his face in the mirror.
“Everything because of me… Where’d your smile go, Chanyeol?”
He was looking disgruntled in his own face. His eyes were swollen, his lips and cheeks were red.
Suddenly something appeared on his left in the background. He quickly turned around to see what it was. “But there was something just-! No…” He sighed and turned around to wash his face another time.
“So now I’m getting mad…” Chanyeol thought. However he was looking up again there it was again. White, big. It was a wing?
He turned around another time. There was nothing. No big bird in his bathroom.
 
“You fell from heaven.” A voice. She was whispering in his ear.
“You’re a fallen angel. Only one wing…” The voice sounded sad.
“What?” Chanyeol whispered back. His left hand slowly moved to his upper side of his rear.
“Oh – my – god! Just don’t freak out!” On the inside Chanyeol had a competition in screaming with a woman who’s been hunted by a stranger.
He really had a wing! White – big – fluffy.
“And what do I do now with only one wing?!” He quietly asked, bus still could not believe that there was something hanging from his back.
“Find the other one.”
“Another riddle?”
“As I said, I’m not very good at it…”
 
 
Since then Chanyeol is searching for his second wing. His second half. Maybe his better half, which allows him to sometimes be sad, to cry, or to scream.
The half that loves him just the way he is.
 
 
 
 
 
Have you seen his second wing?