final.

Call Me, Maybe?

 

Call Me Maybe?;

 

 

Stupid,” he said as he dropped his head onto the table, above his hands that rest on there. He raised his head again only to dropped it back. He continued to do that until he felt dizzy. A cup of Cappuccino in front of him had turned cold, he never drank the content, not even once. Since he sat at the table that he occupied, the Cappuccino was just standing in front of him. Like a table decoration. While Joonmyeon constantly saying the same words.

“Stupid. You're stupid Kim Joonmyeon,” He went back to mumbling incoherently. Then the longest and heaviest breath was coming out of his mouth as he recalled the dumb memory a few moments ago. He felt like dying if he remembered the incident. “That's really stupid of me,”

Do Kyungsoo, his best friend, just gave him a slap on his left cheek which was—if I may tell you—really hurt. Joonmyeon thought that maybe he will do that too if his best friend suddenly confessed his love. Yes, he did love him.

Do Kyungsoo.

A guy.

You know what that means.

But even how painful Kyungsoo's slap was, Joonmyeon wouldn't scold him. Because Joonmyeon knew that Kyungsoo did not mean to hurt him like that. He just shocked and the slap was reflex. Yes, Joonmyeon did not have to hate him.

The strange thing from this incident though, Joonmyeon did not feel any pain in the chest area. Like what his friends often said when they break up or being rejected by the people they like. He did not feel heart-broken or something like that. Maybe he was disappointed, but even it was in a small percent. And that also frustrated Joonmyeon.

"," Joonmyeon cursed under his breath.

Sensed a new presence of another beings beside him, Joonmyeon looked up, only to found a guy with a big smile that aimed at him. The guy was carrying a tray that contained a large cup of Latte and 2 pieces of cakes that looked so tempting. For a short moments, Joonmyeon felt jealous and amazed by the stranger's height, which is obviously taller than him. But that jealously and admiration feeling turned to annoyed one when the giant earlier pulled the chair across Joonmyeon's.

“I'm sorry. But that seat was mine,” Joonmyeon did not think that his voice would sound as angry and snappy as this, but whatever, he thought.

The guy looked confused, but in the next second he was smiling widely with his gums showing again. “Haven't you already sit on that one? And this seat is empty, so no problem for me to sat on it,” Joonmyeon's hands turned into fist.

“Usually, everyone who already sat on one table would claim all of the seat for theyself,” Joonmyeon's glared at the tall guy in front of him. Huh, what a troublesome thing, he just went through a stupid and bad day. Why should this creature have to come and worsen his already worse day?

“And the other people will immediately understand,” Joonmyeon continued through clenched teeth.

The smile on the stranger's mouth never left, not even for a second. “Well, maybe because I'm not one of those people who will immediately understand,” he then rested his chin on his left hand that rested on the table, his eyes staring at Joonmyeon with a flash of playful and challenging look.

The words stabbed Joonmyeon right after. Woah, he kind of clever for arguing. After he embraced himself so he wouldn't look stupid in front of the giant stranger, Joonmyeon put on his scariest face, “Isn't there another empty table and seats?” He blurted.

The guy laughed, his voice was deep and soothing—Joonmyeon added his list for the things that he jealous over the stranger. “Actually, all the tables are full, you know,” the guy gazed around the cafe. Joonmyeon was at loss of words as he mimicked the guy's action, he looked around the cafe.

Indeed. This place was already crowded with people—mostly couples.

The Lovey-dovey ones.

Ew.

“But, I think I'll still choose to sit with you here, although there are other tables that were empty,” Joonmyeon suddenly turned back to face the guy in front of him. This time the smile that plastered on the taller guy's mouth wasn't the big and wide and stupid one, but a sincere one. His eyes also emitted softness. Joonmyeon was fascinated.

“You looked like a crap. Like you were having a trouble. And I want to cheer you up,”

What?

“What? You don't even know me.” Joonmyeon waved his hand in front of his face. He tried to cover his cheeks that starting to get flushed. “And how can you conclude such a thing? I'm perfectly fine,”

“Hahahaha,” the giant guy burst out laughing. “Don't lie, stupid. I was watching you the whole time. Banging your head on the table like a mad man. How can I believe that you are okay?”

“Don't call me stupid, stupid! And it's just my habit! Not a sign that I was in a trouble or something!” Joonmyeon tried to hide the truth. To be honest he was quite shocked at the guy, he noticed him before?

The guy nodded and murmured, he then handed a plate with a piece of cake, which was so tempting, towards Joonmyeon. “How can you said that hurting yourself is a habit?” he asked. Joonmyeon almost lost his mind.

“There are some people who did that, you know,”

“But I'm sure you're normal enough to not do the same thing,” the taller guy sipped his Latte while continued to observe every movements Joonmyeon did.

Without realizing it, Joonmyeon grabbed his Cappuccino and drank it, wincing slightly when he didn't feel any warmth from the drink. “How could you be so sure of it even though you had just met and talked to me for,” he glanced at his watch. “10 minutes?”

The guy laughed, “You're pretty strict about time, huh? It was on of the proofs that showed you're pretty normal, wasn't it?”

A sudden silence enveloped the stranger and Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon eyes stared straight into the stranger eyes, and the stranger stared back at him. Joonmyeon's gaze was felt more and more intimidating for the stranger, but he didn't back out or look away.

At last, Joonmyeon huffed and looked away. “Whatever,” he said.

The taller guy just gave him a smile and offered him hand towards Joonmyeon. “The name's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol,” Joonmyeon eyed the offered hand with his piercing gaze. After a few seconds, the stranger, whose name is Chanyeol, pulled back his hand. He felt awkward, when Joonmyeon never accepted his hand. When introducing yourself to someone you probably will offer your hands for handshake, right? Not for a starring object.

“Alright, maybe you don't want to tell me your name. But it's okay!” Joonmyeon stared at the now smiling-like-an-idiot giant with a questioning eyes. Was he blind or something? Joonmyeon clearly didn't want his presence in here.

“What's bothering you, though? I'm curious,” he said as he plopped a slice of his cake into his mouth. Joonmyeon's eyebrows twitched in annoyance. How could he ask something like that to him when he just met him for less than an hour? Joonmyeon never liked someone who act like they have knew him for ages when in fact they just a simple acquaintance.

“ off.” Joonmyeon tried to shoo away the weird stranger, but he wouldn’t budge. And it pissed Joonmyeon off. “Don't you understand that I clearly didn’t want to face you?” he asked. Chanyeol simply shruged.

“I said it before, did I? You looked somewhat down for some damn reason, and I want to cheer you up,” the latter said after he sipped his Latte.

If looks could kill, Chanyeol would be a dead meat right now and then. But sadly it couldn't, but Joonmyeon still bore some holes on Chanyeol's face.

“Don't act like you actually care. And who do you think I am? I won't ever tell you what's bothering me! You just a random annoying people who I met randomly today,” Chanyeol frowned slightly but a wide smile grew on his face afterwards.

“Oh, so you're admitting to me that you have something that bothering you, huh?” Joonmyeon face palmed. That giant already tricked him!

“You tricked me, you stupid!”

Chanyeol gasped, “No, I wasn't!”

“Oh, yes you were!”

“You said that without my intend! I'm innocent!”

“I was just copying your words from before! So, it's not my fault!”

“Why did you copying my words then? Stupid grumpy grandpa,”

This, time Joonmyeon was the one who let out a gasp, “Who did you call grandpa, Giant?” unexpectedly, Chanyeol laughed. His hands were clapping like a mad sea lion, his teeth were showing along with his gums, his eyes crinkling in amusement. Joonmyeon find it weird yet cute.

Wait, what? Cute? Nononono—

“No, I must be out of my mind,”

Chanyeol gave Joonmyeon a look before said, “You definitely are,” Joonmmyeon growled in annoyance.

“Just leave me alone,”

“Nope, I won't do that.”

Sighing, Joonmyeon massaged his temple slightly. “Look, I knew you want to cheer me up or something. But I think it will be useless. You don't even know my problem,” Chanyeol smiled softly at Joonmyeon as he heard this.

“Now, why don't you tell me your problem?” the shorter male spared him a look. Chanyeol raised both of his hands. “What?”

Joonmyeon sighed for the nth times that day, “It's just no-ing-way I'll tell you my problem. We just met, stupid,” Chanyeol looked-like he was in a deep thought before his eyes lit up and slammed his big hand onto the table, startling Joonmyeon as well as the other cafe visitors.

“Um, if I'll tell you mine first...do you want to tell me yours?”

“Wha—”

Chanyeol ignored Joonmyeon as he began to tell the shorter male his story.

 

A story of a boy who has two best friends on his University. They always together and maybe the most famous people in their campus who well-known as The Three Musketeers. But when the boy realized that he fell in love with one of his best friend, he began to distance himself from the other guys. His best friends shrugged it off like it was nothing important. He was hurt, and the fact that the one he liked also ignoring him, made it worse.

Then one day, his best friend whom he like, came to his house. And acted like he care to him. But on the next day, that —Chanyeol likes to call him that—went back to ignoring him. Especially when his other best friend was with him.

Later, the boy learned that his best friends were dating each other. With a sad smile, the boy congratulated the new couple. His -like faced friend looked at him with pity, mouthing 'I knew it' at him. He waved them off like nothing. And goes on with life.

But like he lived in a blur, the next thing he knew was he standing in front of his best friend slash secret crush slash the face's boyfriend.

“Hi, Yixing hyung. I knew you're in relationship with Yifan, but I just want you to know that... I like you. You don't have to say anything though. Thanks for listening. Bye.”

He left Yixing standing and dumbfounded in the middle of the University's park after that. Honestly, he never felt this happy and relieved. And because of that, he went to a cafe to buy himself a nice cake and coffee.

 

“Why did you come to this cafe? There's a..better cafe than this one,” Joonmyeon threw Chanyeol a question, whispering slightly, totally cutting off the other's story. Chanyeol smiled at this and then placed his hand on the table and used it to prop his chin. His eyes looked at Joonmyeon, gaze soft and—was it admiration?

Joonmyeon shifted unconfortably on his seat, head was hanging low. To tell you the truth, Chanyeol was already taking a special place in his heart. But the annoyance and anger which he got from Kyungsoo get the best of himself. He couldn't pour it at Kyungsoo, so Chanyeol was his victim since he didn't have anyone else.

Chanyeol smile turned into a big grin when he saw Joonmyeon flushed slightly, “I choose this cafe because I saw a cute guy was banging his head onto the table and he looked very sad, so I want to cheer him,” Joonmyeon snapped out of his mind upon hearing Chanyeol's sentence.

So all this time.. it was me?

“Do-don't play with me, stupid Giant!” Joonmyeon exclaimed out of embarrassment.

“Who's playing with you? Seriously, you're likeable. I think I kind of taking a like on you,” Joonmyeon think his cheek couldn't be more red than before until he heard that words from Chanyeol.

“Just..shut up,”

A deep chuckle came from Chanyeol, “Now, tell me about your problem,”

“Well, I—oh?” Joonmyeon picked up his phone that ringing so suddenly. Chanyeol frowned and started playing with his Latte then drank it until it was empty in one go. He eyed Joonmyeon who had turned his hand into a fist before letting out a deep sigh.

“Okay, see you.” Joonmyeon put away his phone and drank his drink. “I'm sorry.. uh,”

Chanyeol smileed, “Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

“O-oh ye-yeah, right, sorry,” Joonmyeon flushed again. “I have to go now, Chanyeol-ssi. So.. see you around, I guess?”

Before Joonmyeon could go, Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and gave Joonmyeon a piece of paper. “Drop that formalities. And yeah, see you around.” Chanyeol hesitantly warped his long limbs around Joonmyeon before walked away, leaving Joonmyeon with a red face and a fast heartbeat.

“Uh, Chanyeol—“

“Call me maybe?” Chanyeol shouted from afar before disappearing in the mass of people.

Joonmyeon finally opened the piece of paper and smiled for the first time that day.


 

xxx-xxx-xxx

The Handsome Giant


 

But then Joonmyeon remembered something, and he wanted to fix it before it was too late. He quickly fished out his phone and typed the numbers. While waiting for the other to pick up, he looked around nervously.

“Hello?” the same deep voice from earlier greeted him, Joonmyeon sighed in relief.

“I'm Joonmyeon. Kim Joonmyeon. Stupid Giant.” He could hear Chanyeol's laugh clearly even though some chattering could also be heard.

“Okay, Joonmyeon. I really wanted to talk you right now, but I've to go.” Joonmyeon nodded.

“I understand, Chanyeol. See you.”

“Yeah.. see you,” and the call ended.

 

 

At the end, Joonmyeon thought that..maybe this day isn't that bad.

 


 

A/n: Meh. Meeeeeh. Meeeeeeh

Now you can kill me ;3;

I was late and i probably dissaponted you guys 

but here is my !

I know it wasn't much but yeah... hope you like it!

sorry for gramatical errors and typos, english is not my language

what is engrish, really? /shot

comments would be appreciated! <3

until next time!

 

P.S: I would love to make friends in here ^w^