1

Valiant Knight

 

 

 "Hyung--" Sungjong's small voice entered the small area as he crawled into Sungyeol's bed, curling up beside him. "Did you get lost Jongie? This is the wrong bunk." Sungyeol blankly murmured. The room pitch black despite for the moon's silver light leaking in. "No. . ." Sungjong murmured quietly and he sighed deeply. Earlier, they'd watched a horror movie all together in the dorm--but Sungyeol doubted that Sungjong was afraid, didn't he liked these things. "I had a nightmare." he softly murmured as if shameful that he was frightened. Sungyeol laughed quietly. "Aigoo, You're still our baby~" He cooed, teasingly as he pinched at the younger males cheek. Sungjong sighed and frowned, sitting up, turning the opposite way--ready to climb down and leave him there.

If there was one thing Sungjong hated--it was being treated like a kid. "I'm kidding! Kidding!" Sungyeol quickly hushed, grasping at his arm to pull him back; the guilt washing over him now that he'd seen Sungjong's damaged expression."Lets sleep." Sungyeol laughed as he laid down and Sungjong the same--slowly letting his eyes flutter shut and he was asleep.

A peaceful sleep that lasted for some time but Sungjong suddenly jolted awake--Jolting Sungyeol up from his slumber as well, a sigh rolling through him as he sat up and looked to Sungjong who seemed to be fearful yet half awake. He had the right mind to say some sort of complaint to Sungjong for continously waking him but when the younger sat up quickly and clung to him, burrying his face into the elder's shoulder--Sungyeol didn't really have the heart to do that. Sighing as he let a quiet laugh rumble through his frame and he brought his arms around Sungjong's shiver shoulders. "Again?" Sungjong only nodded slowly into the fabric.

Sungjong wouldn't be caught dead going to any other hyung, Sungyeol had always been the one who listened to him. Even though he was also the one who got him in trouble playfully from time to time and would , he was also someone who had all of his trust and Sungjong found himself growing more and more needy, but Sungyeol was just as needy most of the time, Yet Sungjong was the type to fight his needy urges to seek comfort in the other so these small actions from Sungjong were always a shock, always treat. Sungjong willingly crumbling vulnerably at his will.

Sungyeol breathed in deeply as he rubbed the youngers back slowly to comfort him. "What happens in it Jongie?" He questions and Sungjong takes a deep breathe to calm himself, he hesitates--it sounds so stupid when you explain your nightmares aloud and he was nervous of Sungyeol calling him out on his nightmare. whenever you explain it, it seemed to sound less scary than when it was in the moment. "We were at a place and in my room there was a huge window without curtains and a there is a big view of the yard outback." Sungjong breathed quietly, a breathe that would calm him some--he was still shaking, shivering. It was embarrasing to him.

"Everything is dark, pitch black and outside the window there is a forest nearby and a bunch of trees.  for some reason there is a light showing in the forest just a small light and just enough to see. There's a woman there and she is wearing a red hood . . " Sungjong slightly nestles his head closer, against Sungyeol as if seeking comfort just by the touches. "Kind of like. . .  like red riding hood? but she's scary . .  and she's got really long nails that look like claws--she's doing something in the woods but I cant see and so i point the flashlight at her and--Our house was dark but now that the light shone on her--she saw it and she turns and starts coming torwards my room...and then i wake up." Sungjong murmured and Sungyeol sighed softly petting the back of Sungjong's head comfortingly. "You really have some vivid dreams Jongie." Sungyeol muttered in a sleepy tone.

Sungjong just inhailed deeply, letting himself slightly grasp him tigher. Sungyeol resumed rubbing the youngers back and leaned back now, Sungjong still in his grasp as the younger laid atop of him, still clinging--grasping for comfort in which Sungyeol was ready to give him. Often times Sungjong would say things like 'Hyung, Tell me a bedtime story.' Sungyeol wasn't exactly as good as Sungjong because that kid had such a overractive imagination but he figured that moments like these--he'd probably do his best in trying to think of an alternative. Rubbing small circles that grew to large circles,lulling their precious maknae to sleep. "After the red hooded woman gets to the home. I get up and come to the room. You'd ate all my icecream so...I was coming to yell at you!" Sungyeol softly murmured, he could feel a tired smile pulling at Sungjong's lips as he slowly relaxed into the other's embrace now.

"When I get in there, I see the lady and I say. 'Yah! Go away, He's mine! I have to punish him for eating all the iecream!" Sungjong softly let out a giggle, muffled by Sungyeol's shoulder. "So I shoo her away and she never comes back because . . . she realizes that She'd come to the wrong house. . .  and that Halloween wasn't for a few more weeks!" Sungjong seemed to be slowly drifting now but Sungyeol was on a roll  now, "And then--" he started to continue before the soft snores leaving Sungjong indicated that he'd fallen back asleep. "Yah.. I was just getting to the good part." he murmured before chuckling as he sighed and Rested his head against Sungjong. Holding him safely in his arms, safe from any nightmare, like a knight in shining armour..