The Begining [part 1]

Unmei no Hito (Destined Soulmate) [PREQUEL]

A young lady stood at the bus stop and her left hand held a little girl hand as she cursed some incoherent korean words..

The little girl with her soft brown short hair absent mindedly kicked the peeble beside her feet

because she felt so bored in this strange country and her other free hand tighten her red backpack’s strap..

Few minutes later the bus came and they went inside the bus not before the lady paid the driver..

Her held on the little girl’s hand gotten tight  as she dragged her to the back seats..

 

‘Niang, women jiang qu nali?’Asked the little girl innocently..

‘Qian Kou!!’ The lady answered harshly..

 

They sat at the back seat which werent occupied another passenger..

The journey was spent in full silence because the little girl was very obedient to her mother..

The only one adult who raised her till she was 5 years old, the only one adult whom she considered as her mother despite the fact that she wasnt get the true love which a mother should gave to her daughter, the only one adult who always forced her to helped her worked at the bar back then whey they were still in China despite the fact that the little girl was five afterall, the only one adult who never gave her proper clothes when winter came, but nontheless the little girl loved her mother..

 

As time went by, the bus came to the last stop at a rather countryside considered the fact that there were less crowded and less passers by..

The lady command the little girl to follow her and got out from the bus..

They walked on the sidewalk and headed to the path which led them to an ancient buidling with a brick-wall full of wallflowers

and the said building had a very old rusty fence..

 

They were welcomed by a big wooden board hung atop the fence’s side and there were words written on it ‘Orphanage’ in Hangul

only to make the little girl confused and didnt know how to read them..

They just arrived from China 2 days ago after the most tiring journey with a ship and spent weeks to reached Mokpo Hangbu (Mokpo harbour)..

But the lady got nothing and this make her even more frustated and she had no choice but to did this..

 

The man whom she considered as the father of her daughter purposedly gave her the wrong addres and left her with nothing except the frustation..

The lady was hoping that at least the man would accept the little girl as his daughter and that would mean a freedom for her

because she was so freaking damn tired to raised the little girl all alone and sacrificed her youth..

 

The fact that the little girl was indeed very obedient meant she never complaint about anything and adorable only annoyed the lady much of her displeasure.. The lady always ended up hit her or slapped her when honestly the little girl did nothing which annoyed her, it was just she was so frustated with their not so well financial..

 

‘Han, zai zheli denghou!’

The lady command her daughter to waited there and the cute daughter only tilted her head in confusion but said nothing only nodded..

‘Buyao qu renhe difang..!’

Once again the lady command her daughter to not go anywhere and let go of her hand..

‘Due, Niang..’ The little girl didnt know anything but kept obedient to her mother..

 

In a brief seconds, the lady turned her heels and left the little girl there, infront of the rusty fence of the said orphanage without looked back..

The little girl stood still there motionless and didnt uttered any single words because she didnt know what was this mean..

She kept staring to her mother’s back until she saw nothing but her shadow..

It was almost twilight and the sun so slowly set itself but the little girl stood still.. There was no passer by, no one..

 

Although she was only five and didnt know anything, but she felt so painfully sad at that time..

She knew that something was wrong because her mother didnt comeback to her until it was very late in the evening..

Although her mother was very rude and harsh to her, she loved her, the only one family she had at that time left her all alone and it made her quietly sobbed..

 

‘Buyao likai wo.. Niang.. Buyao likai wo..’ She kept repeating these words because she didnt want her mother left her..

 

The little girl kept sobbed quietly and curled her body on the hard concentrate path infront of the rusty fence and hugged her red backpack..

She kept repeating those words and cried silently until she fell asleep on the cold hard floor that night..

Although she never snuggled and cuddled to her mother back then, although she had no fluffy warm blanket at her small and decrepit house,

although to had some decent meals everyday was very rare for them, she never complaint and felt happy but not at this time ‘coz she was all alone..

 

When the morning came, the sound of squeak’s fence made the litte girl stirred from her sleep..

The next thing she knew, two midle aged women in their baby blue uniform,

rushed to her and said some incomprehensible words which she didnt know at all..

Those two workers helped her stood up and held her backpack..

The little girl only stared them in confusion as they held her hands and led her to went in the orphanage’s building..

 

‘Neo irreumi..?’

 

One of them asked the name of the little girl but the latter only said ‘Senme?’ in her confused state and kept saying ‘Niang zai nali..?’ on their way..

Those two workers exchanged look then they concluded that this little girl was a foreigner, not a deaf neither mute girl..

They brought her to the main office of the head orphanage and asked the little girl to sat on the sofa

while they exchanged some sort of advices with the head orphanage..

 

Few minutes flew by, then one of them approached the little girl and asked her

‘Neo irreumi..? Naneun Miyoung imnida..’

Miyoung, one of the worker said her name and pointed to herself, she kept repeating that action, then finally the little girl seemed understand..

‘Han.. Lu Han..’ The little girl said pointed to herself, then she smiled and bowed lightly..

 

“Han..? Are you Chinese..?”

The other worker whose name is Yejin asked in Korean but the latter only tilted her head and nothing came out from her cute small lips..

After some little arguments between the workers and the head orphanage, they finally decided to kept this little foreigner girl under the patronage of orphanage..

Miyoung and Yejin more than gratefull to take care of this super adorable pretty little Chinese girl..

They squealed happily and decided that the most important thing to do first was familiriazed with the languange barrier,

so they wanted to teach Han Korean at her first day..

 

They led Han to the rooming building at the west wing of the main building..

Although this orphanage was indeed very old from the outside but the homie feeling was very strong..

Han was very awe-struck from this big building and she counted those numberless doors on each side the hallway..

They arrived to the last room at the end of hallway and Yejin opened the door to revealed the soon to be her shared bedroom

because there was another little girl, maybe she was 7 or so  according to her appearance, soon to be her roomate..

 

“Yura, this new little girl is Han, she is Chinese.. Hope you two will get along..”

Said Miyoung happily with her pretty smile-eyes..

“Yes, Ma’am.. Ofcourse..!”

“Take care of her and prepare yourself for breakfast..” Yejin added before they left them..

“Sure..!”

 

Yura said and took Han’s hand and led her to her bed..

Han, being the obedient girl she was, followed Yura and from that moment, Han decided that maybe Yura was suit to be her jiejie..

Yura showed her which one is her own bed, showed her drawer and whatnot although Han didnt really get the point but she nodded anyway..

 

Yura took Han’s red backpack and opened it to revealed her so called belongings..

From what Yura observed, Han didnt have much clothes..

She only found a worn-out grey beannie with deers print on it and a bright yellow thin jacket plus another worn-out mitten sweater

(the other one was worn her at that time).. Yura didnt said much because of these and she knew Han would not understand Korean..

She stood up from Han’s bed and placed those clothes in the drawer neatly and smiled to Han only to revealed her rather big teeth..

 

“I really like you and i promise to take care of you from now on because you are very cute and i want a younger sister.. Call me Eoni..!”

Yura blabbered but Han only confused.. Once again Yura pointed herself as Eoni, so Han tried her best to imitated Yura’s voice and mouthed an Eoni..

Yura smiled proudly and said

 

“Hanie, from now on your name is Hanie..”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N :

Okay guise sorry this is so short and just kind of telling about Lu Han’s past, but i’ve tried my best because my most important thing to do ritenow is finishing my paperworks for school (i’m a teacher fyi).. T.T


This short chapt is just the begining of Hanie’s life ohhkaai.. Kkamjong will appear maybe 3 more chapts..?? IDEK..

See ya, till next chapt.. ^^

 

Here is the translations just in case you are wondering:

Niang, women jiang qu nali : Mother, where will we go?

Qian Kou: Shut up

Han, zai zheli denghou: Han, wait here

Buyao qu renhe difang: Dont go anywhere

Due, Niang: Yes, Mother

Buyao likai wo: Dont leave me

Neo irreumi: What’s your name

Senme: What

Niang zai nali: Where is mother

Jiejie: Older sist