i

Remember.

 

 

 It's the first day of spring.The moon-shaped eyed boy glances at his watch. 9 am. Yeah, it is still early. Or isn't it?  This watch was a gift from her for his 21st birthday. His lips curve with a smile at the memory. It's time for him to make her happy too. He grins widely as he walks. He walks towards the street with his eyes fixed on the note that Woohyun wrote last night. They promised to come here together but he's just too excited to wait. He left Woohyun sleeping on his bed and here he is, walking all alone to the mall. Woohyun will probably be really shocked after finding out he was missing. His black eyes locked on the handwritten letters on the note.

 

 

1) Flour

2) Cream.

3) Eggs.

4) Vanilla extract.

5) Butter.

6) Milk.

7) Baking powder.

 

 

The man suddenly stops as he lifts up his head from the note. He holds the note tightly in his hands. His feet stop moving and his eyes land on the road in front of him. Which way must he go?

He looks at his left.

He looks at his right.

He bites his bottom lip not knowing were to go.

 

“Kim Myungsoo-shi…” He turns his head to the old man at the sound of his name.

“Where are you going?” The old man asks as he smiles.

“The mall” He blurts out.

“The mall…that way” The old man points his finger to the right.

“Thank you” He says as he bows at the old man. What a young man with a great manner. The old man looks at him as  he fades away from his sight.

 

 

 

  Myungsoo reaches the Mall and turns his head down to see the note again. But…But where is he supposed to found all of these things? Why didn’t he wait for Woohyun?

  He walks from one section to another section like a lost child.

  He wanders around.

  He scratches the back of his head.

  He feels so lost.

  But…but he wants to make her happy. He holds the note tightly into his chest and keeps going.

 

 

 

“Kim Myungsoo!!” Woohyun runs towards him as he stops and takes a deep breathed.

“Oh Woohyun” He says as his eyes lay on the soaked-with-sweat boy. Woohyun pants heavily as if he was running for his life.

“God! You should have waited for me!” Woohyun exclaims. He's really mad, his face is red. He holds Myungsoo’s shoulder and places his arm around his neck.

“Let’s go” Woohyun says bringing Myungsoo with him. They made the note together last night and he sure will help him with it.

 They buy all the ingredients and walk back home together.

 

 

♦♦♦♦

 

 

“Baby!” Gabriela yells from the door. No one answers back to her.Where is him? Is he with the Infinite boys?  Gabriela feels extremely exhausted since this was his first day as a freshman. She literally just walked for the whole day to find her class and then talked as much as she could to make a new friend. She jumps on the couch as she lays down but before she could close her eyes, she smells something burning in the kitchen.

 She rushes to the kitchen and turns off the oven. Her eyes stare widely at the burned... No, more like carbonized cake. Oh my God.

 She walks upstairs to find the culprit that made the cake but left it to burn. She stumps her feet into a room and her eyes soften at the sight.

 

 

 Kim Myungsoo is sleeping with his apron still on and flour all over his handsome face. He looks really tired. He is sleeping like a baby. Gabriela leans closer as she kisses his lips gently. Myungsoo opens his eyes and lock them with hers.

“Did something burn?” He asks innocently as his eyes suddenly widen up as he looks really shocked.

“OH GOD”

“Baby it all burnt” Gariela smiles as she holds his hands. Myungsoo pouts and gazes sadly.

“Not again…” His face looks like he wants to cry. Gabriela giggles from the sight.

“How can you bake a cake for one hour? It's just 30 minutes” Gabriela says softly.

“I forgot again…” Myungsoo says as he remembers that Woohyun needed to rush somewhere else and before he left, he did reminded him but…as always, he forgot again. He looks down.

“Baby it wasn’t your fault, that’s okay. we can make it again” Gabriela says to sooth him down.

“No…I did it to surprise you for your birthday…” Myungsoo avoids Gariela's eyes. Gabriela feels so touched and  overwhelmed. The feeling is so warm. She always feels warm and protected when Myungsoo is with her.

 She knew it.

 She knew how well he planned this with Woohyun but…she always knew it.

“It’s okay…you are the best present that I ever had” Gabriela beams as she holds his hands.

“I know…but…” Myungsoo can't hide the sad feeling that fills up his heart. He hates himself. Why can't he even  do this thing right? He wanted to make her smile and happy but…he did it again.

 

 

 He always forgets easily. This has been happening ever since he got Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). He always feels like it is impossible to be organized, stick to a job, or remember and keep appointments. Daily tasks such as getting  up in the morning, preparing to leave the house for work, arriving at work on time, and being productive on the job can  be especially challenging for him.

 And it's now getting worst.

 He hates it.

 He hates the fact that he must always get a treatment through medication. Of course this ilness won't make him die, but still. He  hates himself for that.

 He hates himself for being this fragile and vulnerable for her.

 

 

"Babe it’s fine.” Gabriela softly whispers as she ruffles his black hair. Myungsoo sits quietly on the bed.

“I love you for who you are” Gabriela says as she kissed the tip of his nose.

“I love you too and... happy birthday my precious” Myungsoo says as he crushes his lips on hers.

“I still have a present for you” Myungsoo says with his signature smirk. He slips his hand inside his jeans as he places a ring  on her finger.

“Would you marry me?” Myungsoo asks. He never forgets about this ring because he always keeps the ring inside his  jeans’ pocket. And every time he wants to change, all his trousers and pants have a note saying ‘keep the ring’.

 He is sick but he will never forget about his love.

 That one miracle in his life.

“Of course I will baby” Gabriela answers with tears creating in her eyes. Myungsoo leans closer as he gives her a  deep kiss that woke the butterflies in her stomach up. The kiss was innocent and pure. Just like a first kiss.

 

 

“What if I forget again tomorrow?”

“It’s okay because I can remember”

 

 

"It's Okay because my heart will always remember you, Gabriela, Happy birthday my precious" Myungsoo whispers.

 The truth is the mind can easily forget but the heart will always remember.

 

 

 

 

a/n : Gabriela Happy Birthday :D Hope this story is not too depressing xD

and Alee thank you for your help. :)

ca/n : gaby, te adoro. Feliz cumpleaños amiga :3