One Step Away

Dirty Little Secret

             “Khun ah! Over here!” Vicky waved. Khun walked over and saw a guy next to Vicky at the table. They were at a small cafe a block away from the agency.

            “What’s up?” Khun said as he sat down. Vicky called him earlier saying there’s something important that she want to discuss.

            “Ok…here’s the deal…this is Kwanghee…Jin’s realtor friend that I told you about…”

The two men shook hands.        

            “He already found a buyer for you apartment…since your place is kinda in the city area, he get a quite high price for it…” Vicky said.

            “Really? that’s great…”

            “Yeah…and there’s more…one of my former client is migrating to Canada by the end of this month…he’s willing to sell his studio apartment in Yeudongpo below the market price…the place is fully furnished and quite spacious…3 bedroom and 2 bath…here…you can have a look at it…”

Kwanghee put several pictures on the table for Khun to see. He carefully looked at the pictures and he instantly loved it.

            “I love it!”

            “Great! We could just sign off the deal tomorrow…and there will be few thousand bucks left for you…”

            “This is awesome!” Vicky hugged Khun. “This is the new beginning for you and I’m glad it happens now…”

A new life begins and he’s the one in control. Most of his stuff are already at Vicky’s and it seems like Seulong didn’t noticed his moves. He’s so ready to leave the abusive relationship behind and start fresh.

            “I’m so happy right now…lady luck was on your side this time…” Vicky said when they’re alone after Kwanghee left.

            “Yeah…I guess so…I’ve had enough of Seulong’s wrath and it’s time to be free…”

            “Yup…so, when is the big move?”

            “As soon as Kwanghee give me the green light…”

            “Today probably the happiest day of my life…” Vicky hugged him again. “You wanna go out and celebrate?”

            “I can’t…I have to get home…you know how Seulong would be…”

            “Yeah…I can’t wait for the day that guy is gone from your life for good…”

            “Well…me too…so, I’m going back to the agency…are you coming?”

            “No…I’m taking the rest of the day off…medical check up…”

            “Are you sick?” Khun asked with worry.

            “Nope…just a routine check up…”

Khun can’t help but to smile on the way back to the agency. This is his first step towards the happiness he always dreamed off.

            “Hold the door please!” someone yelled from outside the elevator as Khun stepped in. He pushed the hold button and waited.

            “Thanks…” a guy in suit stride in.

Khun looked and it was the CEO of the agency.

            “Annyeong hasaeyo…” he said slightly bowing.

            “Nae…”

Taecyeon looked at the guy standing next to him…he’s couple of inches shorter than him, fair skinned and smelled divined…like nothing he smelled before. His heart went faster and he wished that the other won’t noticed his nervousness.

*Why am I being like this? With a guy on top of that…snap out of it Taecyeon ah!* he shook his head.

He never felt like this when he’s with Hyemi though, Taecyeon thought…and she’s a gorgeous girl!

*I need to get myself check!*

The elevator stopped and Khun politely walked out. Their arms brushed against each other and it sends shivers down Taecyeon’s spine.

*I seriously need to be check…soon!*

Khun went to his practise room and saw Chansung inside.

            “Chansung ssi…”

            “Nichkhun ssi…” Chansung waved a lunch box at him.

            “You made that?”

            “Unfortunately no…I can’t cook to save my life…so, wanna join me?”

            “Sure…it’s an offer I couldn’t say no to…”

Meanwhile…

            “So, it’s been settled then…this year’s agency’s MT program will be held in Gangheung for 3 days and 2 nights…” Fei said and concluded their meeting.

            “I can’t wait to have some fun…”Min squealed.

            “Me too…” Minjun high fived with her.

            “And you my dear CEO…” Fei looked at Taecyeon. “Is not an exception…”

            “Noona…do I have to go?” Taecyeon frowned.

            “Yup…no excuses! I’ve told Eunjung to clear out your schedule…by the way, where’s Chansung? Why isn’t he in this meeting?”

            “Well…Chansung oppa is busy making his moves on the hot music teacher…” Min said.

            “Wait…he’s gay?” Minjun stared at Min.

            “Oppa, didn’t you know? Guys are so clueless sometimes…” Min shook her head.

            “Anyway…don’t forget to get the notice out…” Fei said and walked out from the meeting room.

            “Nae…”

As the people left, Taecyeon sat alone in there thinking.

*So, that guy is gay…I’m slightly attracted to him…does that makes me gay too? No…that can’t be! I liked women…and I have Hyemi…it’s impossible…wait…could I be bi? Maybe…*

*****************************************

It was bright Friday morning and the staff from TY Music gathered in front of the building getting ready for their annual MT program. The buses filled with staffs and trainees.

            “Khun! Over here!” Vicky waved at the bus’ door.

            “Nae!”

Khun ran dragging along a huge suitcase with him. After loading his luggage underneath the bus compartment, he made his way into the coach.

            “That’s a huge bag for 2 nights trip…” Vicky said.

            “Nope…it’s the day…Kwanghee called me last night…the deal is sealed and I can move in anytime I want…so, this is the best time. Seulong is away on business trip and after this; I will be living on my own.”

            “I’m so happy Khun ah…we’re gonna have so much fun!”

            “Yup…and by the way, I’ve switched to new number…”

            “Great move! Now Seulong can’t find you and I hope he’ll rot in hell after this…” she laughed.

After two hours bus ride, they arrived at a beautiful pension by the sea.

            “Okay! Everyone got their room…go, have a rest and our program will start in an hour…” Fei, the program coordinator yelled through the speaker.

The MT program started with a friendly battle game between trainees and the staff. All of them had fun playing on the beach forgetting their problems for a short while.

            “Nichkhun ssi…you alright?” Chansung sat on a dead tree trunk next to Khun. They were watching the intense game tug of war between trainees.

            “I’m fine…just a little exhausted…”

            “Here…” Chansung hand him a can of soda.

            “Thanks…so, do you guys do this often? I mean with the MT thing…” Khun asked.

            “Yeah…Taecyeon hyung insisted we have it every single year although he tried to avoid it…such a weird guy…sometimes I wonder what’s going through that thick head of him…”

            “Shouldn’t you be bad mouthing your own boss?”

            “Yeah…but we all did it…Minjun hyung, Fei noona, Eunjung noona and Min…and he knew about it…” Chansung smiled.

            “And he’s not mad?”

            “No…all of the guy I know he’s the one that hardly gets mad…but when he does…nothing can stop him…”

            “Scary…”

            “I know…”

Taecyeon watched as Khun and Chansung talked together.

*Why does it bothered me so much?*

            “Yaa! What’cha looking at?” Minjun sat next to him.

            “Nothing…” Taecyeon advert his attention to the game.

            “I never seen Chansung got so smitten over a guy before…at least not after Junho…”

            “I just hope that he’s not gonna get heartbroken again…” Taecyeon said.

            “Yeah…so, are you just gonna sit here and watch?”

            “Yup!”

            “I don’t know why did you even want this thing going every single year and yet you don’t seem like to participate…” Minjun shook his head. He knew Taecyeon since their idol trainee days but sometimes he don’t even understand the guy.

            “It’s for the staff and trainee…it’s a good thing that I’m even here though…”

            “Yeah…otherwise Fei noona gonna whoop your for good!”

            “That’s another reason…her nags could bleed my ears…even I wonder why did I even hire her…”

Taecyeon glanced over and saw Chansung extended his hands to help Khun get up. A wift of jealousy hit his heart.

 

Another update!

Next chapter spoilers~~~Taec Khun encounter....

Stay tuned!

Enjoy reading and don't forget to flood the comment box!