...

Medicine

I'm sorry for anyone who accidentally read this.

 

“No, I’m not getting that thing inside my body.” A sick Kris buried himself deeper inside the layers of blanket, making some sort of fluffy cocoon around his gigantic body. If the situation was different, you could’ve squealed because of how cute his bare feet were sticking out under the angry bird blanket his mom bought him as a joke.

“Come on… it’s not like it’s poisonous. Your mom said that it’s good for the headache.” you pleaded for the sixth time in half an hour.

“Still nope.” He popped the ‘p’. “Taste it yourself and you’ll know why I’m not consuming it.” He grumbled and turned his head, facing away from you.

“But your mom made it for you. At least take a gulp or two? Don’t be such a kid and endure the bitterness just for a while.”

A muffled grunt came as an answer from the bundle.

He might be all charismatic and cool and suave on stage, but when he was sick, the spoiled brat side he’d hidden so perfectly would resurface, especially if he was home. Take this situation as an example, a grown up man refusing to take medicine because apparently it ‘tasted like an alpaca poop’. How he knew the taste of an alpaca poop, you wondered.

You sighed, putting the cup of black colored traditional medicine on the bedside table and stood up from the wooden chair. “Okay. I’m offering you a deal.” You said and saw his ears peeking out of his blanket.

“What deal?”

“Uhm, how about 3 wishes? I’m gonna grant you 3 wishes if you finish the medicine.” You answered, unsure. After a few second of thinking, you added “But nothing extreme, ridiculous or embarrassing. Just simple things I can actually do.”

His head was sticking out of the blanket and his expression showed that he was contemplating hard. ‘Did the medicine really taste that bad?’ You asked yourself while eyeing the large mug.

“Okay. Deal.” He smiled and sat up slowly, flipping away the blankets, and his body came into view. He was wearing a tight white long sleeved t-shirt which outlined his chest and shoulders really well. And his collarbones were deliciously revealed. And you wondered why he didn’t wear this shirt more often. And suddenly all you could do was stare. And-

“Enjoying yourself?” He chuckled, an amused smirk plastered on his lips.

“Wha- NO! I wasn’t staring at your bod-… ugh.” You mentally facepalmed yourself as you felt your face heating up. He laughed heartily. “You don’t sound sick to me.” You stared at him with accusing eyes.

“I’m just tired.” He chuckled and looked up at you.

 “Are you really not sick?” You furrowed your eyebrows and stepped closer to him, putting a hand on his forehead. “So why did you act like you were sick?”

“I am sick. Having a sore body and slight headache is counted sick right? Now give me the black substance.” He answered, adding more slur into his already slurry voice so that he sounded ‘sick’.

“No, you’re not sick. The deal’s invalid.”

“But I am.” He took the mug but you stopped him.

“No, you’re fine. Don’t drink it. It’s bitter. And the smell’s horrible.” You persuaded him.

“I just have to handle the bitterness.” He smiled teasingly up at you. You huffed and took the mug from his hands. “You just want me to grant the wishes right? You stupid jerk.” You started to walk to the door with the medicine.

You jumped as you heard his voice boomed, “MOOOM! SHE’S NOT LETTING ME DRINK THE MEDICINE! SHE SAID IT WAS BITTER AND IT SMELLS HOR-mpffhh” You quickly sprinted across the room with the mug in one hand and covered his mouth with another before he could say ‘horrible’. “NO! IT SMELLS FINE! HE’S DRINKING IT RIGHT NOW!!!” You shouted downstairs.

“DON’T FIGHT AGAIN, KIDS!” Both of you heard Kris’ mom’s voice.

“You! Ugh.” You sat down on the stool and watched him smiling triumphantly at you, with eyesmiles and smug face. You dejectedly handed him the medicine and watched him gulp down the liquid without even blinking.

“My first wish.” He started, “After all this bitterness, I’m craving for a bag of Lay’s.”

You stared at him, dumbfounded. “It’s almost midnight, Kris.” He stared pleadingly at you with puppy eyes you couldn’t resist. “How about tomorrow?” You bargained and he pouted slightly.

“Fine. Now, my second wish,” He put down the mug on its previous place and waved his free hand for you to come. “I want to cuddle.”

“What. I’m not doing it with your mom downstairs.” You looked away, blushing furiously.

“We’ve known each other since we were babies and you’re afraid that my mom will be mad because of some cuddling. Please, we’ve seen each other before.” He muttered and lied back down, scooting away and patting the space beside him with a soft smile.

“But we were babies! I don’t even remember.” You mumbled the last part.

“So you want to remember? Tsk tsk… What a ert I have as my girlfriend.” He grinned mockingly and patted the bed again, signaling you to get on.

You stayed still for a while but then climbed up the bed wordlessly. His left forearm was stretched so you could lie down on it. As soon as your body was completely on the bed, he fixed the blankets so you were under them as well and his right arms slung across your waist. You could feel his nose nuzzling on top of your head as his arms tightened around you.

“You feel nicer than Ace.” He mumbled into your hair and you laughed, relaxing down. Your legs curled against his and you felt his cold toes under the blanket. “Your toes are freezing.” You stated.

“Stupid blankets are too short and it’s fall.” He yawned. “We should go blanket shopping tomorrow.”

You hummed and place your hand on his chest, looking up into his eyes.

“I miss this. I’ll miss this.” You whispered. Both of you stared at each other a bit longer and you regretted saying it as you saw his expression turned apologetic.

“I missed you too.” Was the only thing he said but his eyes showed much more than his words. I’m sorry.

“You should sleep. It’s already late.” You lifted your left hand and patted his bed ridden messy hair.

“I still have one more wish, remember?” He grinned excitedly and you sighed. He’s exactly like a kid. “Okay, tell me.”

“I want us for ever.” He cheesily whispered against your ear and you almost choked on air.

“You’re turning into such a cheesy ball of grease, you know. I guess Korea’s air is not good for your brain.” You laughed and hit his arms playfully.

“No, Baekhyun is not good for my brain. You don’t know just how many lame cheesy lines he produced out in a day.” He shook his head. Both of you quieted down until all you could hear were his steady and deep heartbeat against your ear.

“Stay here tonight.” He suddenly blurted out.

“But my mom-”

“You live next door.” He cut your words. “I’m sure your mom will allow you to sleep over.”

“Kris, if only my dad’s home, he’ll murder you tomorrow.”

“But he’s not.” He grinned again and closed his eyes, leaning his head to yours. “I’m sure my mom’s already informed your mom.” He then yawned and leaned across your body, shutting off the lamp.

“You’re such an annoying boyfriend.” You said and smiled.

“But I’m your annoying boyfriend.” He said smugly. And both of you laughed at the clichéd line.

“I love you, Kris.” You muttered after you were done laughing.

“Love you too.” He leaned down and pecked your forehead. “Goodnight, Kristina.”