Final

Broken

I think I got a little carried away and strayed away from the story's actual purpose. poop. whale, enjoyyyy~


Relationships can be tricky.

 

Relationships within groups can be even trickier.

 

So that’s why when Namjoon and Hoseok announce their relationship, the other members are a little more than skeptical, especially Yoongi.

 

They’re both his closest friends in the group (Hoseok a little more so than Namjoon), so it’s natural that he worries about them. Of course he wants both of them to be happy, but for some reason, a little voice in the back of his head is telling him that he shouldn’t allow their relationship to continue because Namjoon was never really good about taking care of things and in the end he’ll be the one cleaning up the mess; he politely tells that voice to shut the up.

 

And so the newly formed couple seems to be happier than ever; Hoseok sneaks into Namjoon’s bed when he thinks the others are already asleep- they’re never asleep when he does it. They take couple selcas with each other and they even bought couple bracelets- though they’re not too flashy because, as Yoongi says, they “don’t want to raise suspicions”.

 

Yoongi is genuinely happy for them, he hasn’t seen Namjoon smile like that since he got his dog, but still, there’s something that bothers him. First and foremost, that voice in his head gets louder everyday. He tries to tune it out and he succeeds although he’s left with an uneasy feeling in his stomach- or maybe his heart. Secondly, he just misses his best friend. While he likes to see Hoseok flirty and ditzy and giggly like a teenage girl with the young rapper, he can’t help but feel a sense of abandonment because he’s supposed to be Hoseok’s best friend, not Namjoon. Granted, the boyfriend title also ties in with the best friend title, but that’s unfair. The two are basically conjoined at the hip, the way Hoseok and Yoongi used to be and it hurts him, to say the least. Each time he sees the two intertwined with one another on the couch or in bed, a pang of jealousy hits him right in the heart. But there’s nothing he can do except shake it off and smile at his best friend’s content face.

 

The whole relationship seems to be going well considering it’s the sixth month since it began, but lately Yoongi notices they’re not as close as they used to be and Namjoon’s smile isn’t as bright as it was. Their demise first starts out with little arguments here and there about cleaning up after everyone eats or coming home from the studio/practice room on time. Those fights are easily forgotten about when they wake up in the morning. But then it progresses into something far worse.

 

Namjoon comes home late, reeking of a perfume that doesn’t quite belong to him with clothes that look far too wrinkly than they were when he left. It’s obvious what he did, everyone can tell, even Jungkook, but Hoseok simply closes his eyes and walks to the bathroom. For the first time in a long time, Yoongi cradles Hoseok in his arms as the latter weeps himself to sleep.

 

The next time it happens, things don’t go as smoothly.

 

The two end up screaming at each other at the top of their lungs, disrupting the once peaceful atmosphere of the dorm. Namjoon’s neck is bulging with veins while Hoseok’s eyes are filled with pain. The younger members retreat to the bedroom, as instructed by Jin, and the oldest two are left to witness the scene with wary eyes. Namjoon looks like he’s about to lash out when he takes a step towards Hoseok which is why Yoongi immediately throws himself between the two. He wants to punch Namjoon. He wants to knock him out or him up until he can’t see because no one is allowed to hurt Hoseok like this. But instead, he stares right into the rapper’s eyes and tells him to go cool off and before the former could object, Jin drags him to the bathroom and slams the door. When Yoongi turns to looks at Hoseok, the younger is shaking and, as if by instinct, Yoongi wraps his arms around him and tries to soothe his sobs and heal his wounds.

 

Following the fight, there’s an awkward atmosphere that looms over the dorm. Separately, the two are perfectly fine, but when they cross paths with each other, the tension can clearly be seen. Yoongi likes to think that maybe he’s finally accomplished in helping Hoseok forget about Namjoon, maybe he’s finally ailed his friend’s pain, but then he realizes just how bad the situation is between the two. Sure, Hoseok is all smiles whenever he’s with the maknaes, Jin, and especially Yoongi, but as soon as Namjoon walks through the door, his mood changes dramatically. And Yoongi can’t help but feel responsible because damn it, the voice in his head is mocking him now and louder than ever, but still, he tries to ignore it.

 

Days pass and it seems like the tension has only increased between the couple. They won’t even spare each other a glance and yet Hoseok continues to wear the bracelet they bought together. Yoongi knows for a fact that Namjoon threw his away a long time ago.

 

When Yoongi passes by a hallway and sees Hoseok and Namjoon together, his eyes widen immensely. For a split second, his brain tells him to interfere- when has he ever listened to what it tells him- but he takes note of how peaceful they’re conversing. He decides to leave them be but can’t help but feel curious about what they’re saying.

 

That same night Hoseok doesn’t come home on time like he usually does. While each member starts to panic, even Namjoon seems a little worried, Yoongi steps up and tells them he knows where the younger is. While he may not know for sure, he has a pretty good guess of his whereabouts. He bids the others good night and makes his way down to the dance studio. As he approaches, sure enough his ears are immediately filled with music that sounds a little too much like Hoseok’s taste.

 

He enters and finds the dancer moving fluidly to the beat of the music, each step smooth but precise. Yoongi can feel his heart breaking little by little as he moves closer and closer because the song that’s echoing within the walls of the building is the song that Namjoon composed just for Hoseok. And as if on cue, the younger falls to his knees, hands clenched in anger, heart wrenching sobs escaping his body. All too suddenly Yoongi finds himself in front of him, pulling him up and into his arms. He manages to get the younger to face him which he immediately regrets because he can feel himself starting to tear up too. Tears drip down Hoseok’s cheeks, his face contorted in a painful way. He whimpers audibly and his bottom lip quivers as he tries to speak.

 

“H-he doesn’t l-love me any-anymore, hyung. I-I gave him everything a-and he- he just l-left me with a b-broken h-“. But before the younger can finish Yoongi is shushing him and gently holding his face with his hands. He has to contain his feelings before he speaks. His voice is soothing and sincere as he brushes his thumbs under the younger’s eyes.

 

“I know. Don’t worry, I’ll fix it.”

 

And just like that Hoseok sobs even harder and helplessly falls into the elder’s arms. As Yoongi gently threads his fingers through the younger’s hair, he only wishes that he listened to that stupid voice inside of his head because Namjoon never was and never will be good at taking care of things and no matter what, Yoongi will always, always be there to fix whatever gets broken. Even if it’s a broken heart.


 

Sooooo...this seems more like a friendship fic with sugahope. i wanted to get them together in the end but nope, hope needs to suffer a little longer. and basically, in a nutshell, Yoongi fixes everything our little monster breaks, which is said in some interview I THINK (& omg sorry for making RapMon seem like the bad guy i still love u bby ;-;)

kinda disappointed with it but i reaaaaalllllllyyyyy needed to get this out of my system.

i hope you enjoyed ♥