You are my everything.

Love is You

 

The good smell of the food awakens his brain. He smiles and opens his eyes. He roams his hand at the empty space beside him. Without wasting any moment, he jumps out the bed and walks to the kitchen while yawning and rubbing his eyes.

“Good morning!” she greeted with a smile while wearing her pink fluffy apron on her nurse uniform.

“Morning…” he sloppily said with a smile.

“Today’s menu, kimchi fried rice and omelette.” She cheerfully said and he his lips.

“Yum…” he rubs his stomach.

“Wash your face and brush your teeth first.” She said with her hands on her hips.

“Awh…I want to eat first…” he whines like a kid.

“Then, I’m doing overtime tonight.” She simply said facing her cooking back.

“I’ll be right back!” he said and quickly rushes to the toilet, leaving his wife to laugh at his action.

Lee Kikwang and Jeon Hyosung have been married for 3 years, 3 most wonderful years in their life. Without each other, they would be incomplete. 3 years of happiness and loveliness, it’s about time to have some obstacle in life.

“Drive safely…” Kikwang kisses her forehead, her cheeks and finally her lips.

She blushes at the final kiss he gave.

“Take care of the shop…” she said and quickly runs out from the house.

“She’s so cute…” he mutters and close the front door.

Hyosung entered her white car. She puts her stuff and start the engine. Suddenly, she holds her chest in pain, gripping hard on the steering. Cold sweat started formed on her forehead and the pain washed away. She breaths in relieve and drives away to the hospital she’s working.

“Hey, Hyo.” Her friend, Hana greets her with a smile.

“Hey…” she said replying her smile.

“How’s the operation theatre today?” she asked, simply making a small talk.

“Like always…no big cases yet.” She shrugged and she stops her movement.

“What’s wrong?” her friend asked looking at Hyosung whom holding her chest in pain. “Are you okay?”

Hyosung smiles at Hana, forcing herself to look okay although the pain is getting worse. It’s like a thousand needles are poking her chest numerously.

“Nothing…” she said as soon as the pain washed away.

“Are you sure? That look doesn’t convince me.” Hana raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, it’s just my chest sometimes hurt, especially around the area. Maybe I lack of rest, that’s all.” She smiles.

“You better go and see Dr Song about this.” Hana advised with a concern look on her face.

“We’ll see about it.” She tries to take it lightly since she thought it was nothing.

Her morning shift ended without she even realize as she was busy with her work. She remembered her pain this morning and couldn’t but to be curious about the pain. She walks to see Dr Song.

“What’s wrong, Hyosung? I thought your shift has ended.” Dr Song smiled at the young lady around her own age in front of her.

“As a friend, I want to ask a favour from you, Jieun.” She bit her lips in nervous and she looks at her in confuse.

Her tears fall down as well as her body. Her knees hit the floor hard, covering with both of her hands. Hyosung can’t accept the fact that she’s having… cancer. She keeps on crying on the floor and the only thing that she could think is her husband. How would he live without her?

“Hyosung…” Hana hugged her after Jieun called. “Is it a mistake, Jieun?” she asked.

“I’ve check twice. Hyosung, I suggest treatment as fast as possible. I can still cure you.” Dr Song said while kneeling in front of the two women.

 


 

The medical result is still fresh in her mind as she drives back home. She stops by Kikwang’s grocery shop for a while. She takes a deep breath before stepping out from the car to meet him.

“Hey, honey.” He smiles happily as soon as he sees her figure.

“Hey…ready to go home?” she asked, winking at him.

“Another 3 more hours, then I’ll be home.” He said while holding her waist, pulling her closer to him.

She whines playfully.

“I’ll bring back your favourite chocolate, okay?” he persuade her and kisses her nose and then her forehead.

“Ehem.” A man’s voice startled the two love birds. “Can we pay now?”

Hyosung blushes realise that many people started to queue at the counter to pay but Kikwang is busy being lovey dovey with her. Kikwang apologise and she walks out from the shop. He is always so sweet and lovable. What if she dies?

 

 


Kikwang pushed her body and hit the wall behind her while sharing the passionate kiss. Her arms flung around his neck to deepen the kiss. She doesn’t want to remember about her disease. She doesn’t want to know what the cancer could harm her and she definitely don’t want to tell him. Not now, not yet.

His hand massages her stomach lightly and then to her covered . As soon as she felt her being massaged, the pain started to come. Hyosung quickly pushes the weight on her off the bed and run inside the toilet. She locked the door.

“Hyo, what’s wrong?” he asked in concern, knocking the door but there’s no answer from her.

The pain is too much for her, she couldn’t take it anymore. She falls down to the floor and blank. As soon as Kikwang heard a loud thud inside the toilet, he started to get worried.

“Honey?” he called but still no answer.

He breaks down the door only to find Hyosung lying on the floor unconsciously.

“JEON HYOSUNG!” he shouted and takes her to the hospital without wasting any moment.

Dr Song had to tell Kikwang the truth and he swears that his world feel like tumbling and crashing. His tears won’t stop falling but he strengthens himself to face her.

“I’ve set the surgery and treatment session for you,” he said with a smile on his face that looks puffy from crying earlier.

“Did you cry?” she asked while lying on the bed with a pale face.

“No…” he innocently said making her to smiles weakly.

“Would you leave me if I’m not perfect after the surgery?” she asked and he sits at the bed, shifting her weight on him.

“I know that you will get bald and I know that you might look ugly but I won’t leave you only for that. To me, you’re the prettiest woman I’ve known. You’re the most perfect wife in the world. You’re everything and to me, the definition of love, is you. ” He softly said while wrapping his arms around her body.

Her tears fall down and silently she cries inside his arms.

 


On the surgery day, he waits outside the operation room. For 12 hours, he’s been staying wanting to know her condition. He won’t stop praying for her. He won’t stop hoping for her to come out from the door. He keeps on waiting without eating, without working and without stop wishing. The only word he wants to hear at the moment is, ‘She’s safe’.

The red light outside the operation room turned off and Kikwang stands up quickly. Jieun walks out from the room and smiles at him. He felt so relieve knowing that she’s safe, he can still be with her.

Hyosung then moved to a ward. As soon as she opens her eyes, Kikwang is sleeping beside her while holding her hand firmly. He opens his eyes when she moves her fingers.

“Are you okay?” he asked. His voice was a bit crack from the nap he had.

She smiles. She roams her hand on her body and only to realise that there’s a flat area on her chest. Her that was infected with cancer has gone. Hyosung was left with only one . She started crying while holding her surgery area.

She is not the only one in pain; Kikwang also is in pain looking at her state. He quickly embraces her tightly as she keeps on muttering, ‘I’m not perfect for you’. He can’t help but to shed tears, sharing the same pain as her.

“You are always perfect…”

“You are my perfect woman.”

 

3 days later, she started to accept the fact about the lost of her other . She just doesn’t want to lose him.

Hyosung is sitting in front of the mirror with Kikwang standing behind her holding a scissor. Today, he had to cut her hair for her chemotherapy. Snap by snap he goes, her hair falls down in front of her strain by strain. Her long silky brown hair is now gone. She is bald.  The therapy is just going make her hair falls incredibly a lot. Rather than seeing her sad while undergoing the therapy, he rather cut her hair.

“You look like a monk,” laughed him playfully making her to chuckles.

This time, Kikwang sits in front of the mirror while Hyosung stands behind him with scissor.

“Are you sure to do this?” she asked and he only smiles showing his answer.

He also decided to cut his hair and go bald. This way, she won’t feel lonely.

“Oh, Honey. I look so ugly.” He laughs at his bald head.

“I think you look handsome.” She hugs him from behind and look at their reflection from the mirror.

“I think we look like a monk couple.” He chuckles while ruffling her bald head.

The chemotherapy session started as well as Kikwang’s mission. He takes few of soft sponge and cut it according to the shape, the shape of her . This way, she could pad it and people could still look her normally. It is a fake . He made her looks normal but feels special.

 

Soon, Hyosung can go to work like usual.

“Let’s eat at that place.” Hana excitedly said while walking with Hyosung.

“Sure…it serves the best chestnut ever.” She said, showing her thumb up at her friend.

“Hyosung, I need to see you for a while.” Jieun suddenly calls from behind.

She sits in front of the young doctor and smiles.

“I and Hana are going for lunch. Wanna come?” she asked.

“Sure but there’s something I need to tell you and I should tell you earlier but as a friend, I just don’t have the heart to tell you.” Jieun said, holding onto her hands tightly with a melancholy expression.

“What?” she started to feel uneasy with Jieun’s expression and words.

As soon as she got home, she quickly run towards Kikwang and hugs him tightly. He chuckles at her today’s action.

“Having a bad day? Here…” he kisses her forehead and lean his forehead against hers.

“Bad things, bad things go away, don’t ever come to my honey.” He said softly and she cries. She hugs him tighter and cries louder.

Lee Kikwang is someone she can’t hate. How would she leave him if he is too lovable? She is not ready to go.

 

You have 5 more years to live.

 

She spends the first year of her life doing cancer treatment with him by her side.

“Promise me, don’t cry during my funeral.”

She spends her second year of her life going to places she wanted to go. She quits her job so that she can only serve him.

“Promise me…come back to all the places we have been.”

She spends her third year of her life in an orphanage and doing charity. She wants her fortune to be given to the one who’s needed.

“Promise me, adopt a girl and name her after me so that you will love her as much as you love me.”

She spends her fourth year of her life staying by his side, never to let him go and never to let him sad. She wants to fill her memories with his smiles, his laughter and his silly jokes that may sound cliché but she would laughs to it.

“Promise me, don’t tell anyone your silly jokes. You might get beaten.”

This is her fifth year, her final year. She’s still thinking of what to do with him. The effect of her cancer is worsening. Her vision sometimes blurred. She feels weak and her grip is not strong but he would keep staying by her side without complaining and with smiles.

“Promise me…always smiles whenever you remember me. Your smile is the first thing that makes me fall in love with you.”

 

 

I can promise not to cry during your funeral but I will cry as soon as I entered our house. I can promise to come back to the places we have been but it won’t be the same. I can adopt a girl and name her after you, but I can’t look at her as I will be thinking of you. I won’t tell anyone my silly jokes not because I don’t want to get beaten. It’s because those silly jokes were made up just for you, just for your smile. I will always smiles whenever I remember you but my smiles won’t be sincere and true. My life would be different without you. There will be no love in my life as my love is you and you will be gone along with my hearts and love. – Lee Kikwang

 

 


Hello...it's me Orangesun.

this story is based on the true story but i did added up a few things.

my friend's mother has 5 years of expected lifespan and she is now left with another 2 years.

let's hope that she won't die that early.

kikwang's character here is really what my friend's father did when her mother is having cancer.

i hope you won't kill me for this story..it might looks like rushing cuz yeah, i am.

 

Thank you for the subbers and voters! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! XOXO